Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

Currently, DNA collection is mandatory in all fifty states for certain felony crimes, mostly sexual assaults and homicides. 47 states also require DNA samples to be taken from all convicted felons. Also, some states have also implemented mandatory DNA testing for juvenile offenders.

Some states have even gone so far as to require mandatory DNA testing for all suspects who have been arrested. For example, in California, all suspects who have been arrested for a felony must submit to DNA testing. Some states may also require DNA sampling for certain misdemeanor crimes.

I tried unsuccessfully to freeze-frame some shots from the ******* suspect's last court appearance. Did anyone else notice his left wrist? I glimpsed it twice and at first, I thought it was something very light color, as in a cuff or shackle, but then I remember that court was delayed due to a medical issue. Could that be a gauze bandaging around his left wrist? Sorry if already been mentioned/discussed.

I’m not so sure it is abandoned. There seem to be some toys on the front porch and there are window coverings. That is just how some house look in that area. But I could be entirely wrong.
yes. I incorrectly assumed it was abandoned, meaning no one was residing there. I should have used derelict or in disrepair maybe.

I tried unsuccessfully to freeze-frame some shots from the ******* suspect's last court appearance. Did anyone else notice his left wrist? I glimpsed it twice and at first, I thought it was something very light color, as in a cuff or shackle, but then I remember that court was delayed due to a medical issue. Could that be a gauze bandaging around his left wrist? Sorry if already been mentioned/discussed.

Can you link the video and provide the timestamp for when you see it?

You’re right, it’s not baffling. But it’s supposed to be! I mean the victim reports him, IDs him (we don’t know if there was any type of relationship betw them), and his dna matches. Wouldn’t they look him up, see he’s a violent felon, and think maybe there’s some validity to this?
I assume they didn't consider the victim to be a person who is believable, for whatever reason. Grossly negligent.
Since he was known to proposition women for sex, it wouldn't be surprising if the victim was a sex worker. That would fit with LE's treatment of a reported kidnaping & rape :mad:

This guy was a ticking time bomb. I really would like to read his assessment when he was released in 2020. Did anyone sound an alarm?
The victim could have been a sex worker, could have had their own criminal record or just been a person they didn't deem worthy enough to put effort into the case. I am infuriated by this. This is why women don't report or press charges. The victim will be put on trial and every single thing they have done will be subject to the court. :( As if being an addict with a criminal record or being a sex worker or whatever means you are immune to being sexual assaulted. NOT that you are probably more assaulted and if that is recognized, that is used to victim blame.
This news about new charges is so disturbing! MPD is probably spending the weekend scrambling to figure out what to say.
Yep, that's why they waited until Friday afternoon.
Yep… probably lots of f bombs have been dropped. I wonder when they knew exactly.
I bet well before Friday afternoon. I also bet the media doesn't push back much on this.

What was the last hymn of Eliza's service?
In Christ Alone - written by
Keith Getty / Stuart Townend

In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid Ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand.
In Christ alone! - who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe.
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.
There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine
Bought with the precious blood of Christ
No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand
Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.

Such a beautiful and touching song. Rest in Paradise sweet Eliza.

yes. I incorrectly assumed it was abandoned, meaning no one was residing there. I should have used derelict or in disrepair maybe.
Respectfully, if you enlarge the pic, that is not 2000 Oliver Ave, it has the numbers 1998 on the porch. There are also windchimes hanging from the porch, and what appears to be flower pots as well as several other things on the porch and steps, and a 'Black Lives Matter' sign in the yard. While the shrubbery in the yard needs some attention, the house itself appears to be in good repair, and not unlike many of the other houses on the street. Perhaps it is the home of an older person or couple who did not have the ability or means to hire someone to take care of the yard. I think with a bit of tlc, it could be a lovely little house and property. JMO

I hope her family doesn’t sue but pushes for a law that rape kits be processed in a timely manner all the time! No murder should happen but this murder could have actually been prevented.
I hope her family and friends didn’t know this before the funeral this morning honestly…

Upstream, I mentioned that I couldn't shake the feeling that MPD knew who they were dealing with after seeing the abduction video - even before the DNA hit. These latest charges reinforce that feeling for me. Either way, the latest charges just compound this tragedy. MOO.

I hope her family doesn’t sue but pushes for a law that rape kits be processed in a timely manner all the time! No murder should happen but this murder could have actually been prevented.
I hope her family and friends didn’t know this before the funeral this morning honestly…

I hope they aren't keeping anything from the family and making sure they update them with information immediately. I do hate to think they had to hear this before, but **** this is an awful story. I also hope her family pushes for something like you said as well. I have a feeling that is the best thing we will see come from all of this. I hate to even say 'best thing' like anything about this is good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back