Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he was in prison for 20 years and gets out barely a year ago to commit the same crime?? Wow.

Does anyone know details of the last kidnapping at gunpoint? The victim was not killed I believe ? I’m trying to hold on to the hope that they let her go.

So he was in prison for 20 years and gets out barely a year ago to commit the same crime?? Wow.

Does anyone know details of the last kidnapping at gunpoint? The victim was not killed I believe ? I’m trying to hold on to the hope that they let her go.
This article was shared by someone else a little bit ago:

There is a section in here that details the kidnapping.

He was not killed because he managed to get help. He saw a security guy and called out and the thugs ran off.

FOX13 Investigates discovered that Cleotha Abston was previously charged with especially aggravated kidnapping in June 2000, according to court records. He was sentenced in 2001 to 24 years in prison but the crime was eligible for him to have to serve 85% of his sentence, meaning he would have served 20 years, according to reports.

He got out sometime in the past two years.

He plead guilty to aggravated kidnapping, which is an 11-year sentence, that he likely served concurrent to the kidnapping.

After spending most of last evening reading the entire first thread, I finally got caught up. I have nothing of real value to add, but wanted to chime in. This case brings back fresh memories of Micky Shunick, who was the first case I ever followed as a member here, and also of Mollie Tibbetts. As much as I hope and pray otherwise, I fear it will have the same sad ending. I do feel like this was just a random crime of opportunity, though it perhaps did not look like it in the beginning. I highly doubt this perp had a clue who he abducted, and it was purely a random, sexually motivated abduction, probably followed by a murder and disposal. I think the reason his first kidnapping didn't end in murder is because it was interrupted before it got to that pointy. Clearly, the motive of his first one was robbery. I think the motive of this was most likely sexual, as there would have been no reason to be sure that a woman out running, dressed like that, may have money or credit cards on her. I think this guy is just a lowlife violent serial criminal, based on the other arrest that is not believed to be involved. Probably has a juvi record, and I would bet he has been involved in other crimes since getting out in 2020, and perhaps just not of this level.

Although it is possible that CA may claim he is only guilty of driving a stolen vehicle that may have been used in EF's abduction, I feel pretty certain that LE know they have their guy. I do not expect he will be especially cooperative with LE, but I hope that they will get enough information out of him to at least find EF, and if she is indeed deceased, as I fear is most likely, may justice be swift. I also hope that if someone else was involved, they will be charged and held fully accountable as well.

If there is another layer to this whole thing, that might point to it not being random, and i don't really believe there is, that should be relatively easy to uncover, now that they have this guy in custody. JMO

Edited to fix multiple typos...too early, and haven't had my coffee yet.

Last edited:
In Tennessee, especially aggravated kidnapping requires that at least one of the following be true:
+ Victim under 13
+ Deadly weapon used (or victim would have reasonably believed so)
+ Kidnapping for the purpose of ransom or hostage
+ Serious bodily injury

I have been speculating that a weapon (likely a gun) \was used to get Liza into the attacker’s car. She’s clearly fit and strong, and I presume as a distance runner she’s familiarized herself with safety practices if she regularly trains in the pre-dawn hours. But a weapon is another story. And we know that CA’s brother/cousin/relative was arrested with a gun, so presumably CA had access to guns.

So his last kidnapping was a blitz attack on the victim immediately after leaving work. Seems planned?
Eliza was kidnapped as she followed her predictable routine, does this guy observe his victims before striking?

His last victim was also a well-to-do lawyer. Does he choose his victims based on their finances?

Im afraid this seems to be a sexual assault.
Surely the perp didn't think a jogger carried a bank card?
Or he somehow knew about the family fortune??
Or there is still another twist.

What a terrible shame.
Instead of appreciating the 2nd chance of life outside prison, he did it again.

But I still hope for a positive outcome.
Naively, I guess.

I am wondering if Pookie, after doing 20 years, was hooked up with a social program that finds convicted felons gainful employment (hence the mug shot haircut, much changed from his FB pix). Maybe he did yard work for the F family, thus explaining LE taking the the garden shears (for fingerprints?). One such initiative: Programs — LifeLine to Success

Related/unrelated question: when you are incarcerated, what type of internet access is available? I assume you can’t be on Facebook?
Depending upon which facility you are in, and your status, you could have at least have access to an email type of system that is monitored and has limited and approved list of names.

Surprised a bit this morning that an arrest was already made and equally taken back by the stupidity of continuing to drive a vehicle whose image has been blasted over the news both local and nationally. Unfortunately after reading about his prior conviction and time served I’m almost certain he wouldn’t allow any other victim to make a case against him. Horrendous to even think about but likely how it turns out. Sick to my stomach for this family.
Even stupider is his alleged participation in this crime, after spending 20 years in prison. Pookie has apparently chosen life on the installment plan.

jmo

A little more about prior kidnapping and victim.

We need more men like Kemper Durand and less like this monster just arrested. How terrifying for Eliza. I’m so sad for her family and that this is likely the last being that she had to see. I pray not and that she is somehow still with us. Some people are just evil and can’t be “fixed.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk