Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was arrested June 27th, 2022 for property theft ($10k-$60k)

It could have been anything really. But being as he gave his address it wasn’t just a casual encounter. Could have been a traffic stop, could have been him hanging out somewhere suspiciously, could have been that he had to attend the station on Thursday to report, as part of his bail conditions on the outstanding theft charge.
God it’s just like gabby Petito in that one different decision by a police officer could have saved her, if it’s true they did have contact with him Sept 1. That’s when I believe in God and see this as man’s failure. What are the chances?

If the vehicle was idle at the scene for 4 minutes after he abducted her, why wouldn't he have quickly hopped out and retrieved his slides prior to taking off? Surely he would've known they flew off his feet during the struggle and were right outside the door. I think they must've been an extra pair (not in use at the time) that fell out the car during the commotion. My opinion only.
Because he was busy killing her. A devil.

This appears to be scheduled. I just did a quick google search and it was planned

Right. What I meant was … it’d be desserted. A person wouldn’t have to worry about anyone being there early in the morning.

I believe LE can track the direction of travel based on his cell phone tower pings. Thankfully he’s not the brightest so it’s highly probable his cell phone was on the entire time. MOO.
If you're dumb enough to commit a brazen kidnapping in a public area and leave your footwear behind, you're probably not going to think about cell phone evidence.

He also served a couple decades in prison, so I doubt he'd even know anything about that technology in the first place.

Yup, cell phone on.

If you're dumb enough to commit a brazen kidnapping in a public area and leave your footwear behind, you're probably not going to think about cell phone evidence.

He also served a couple decades in prison, so I doubt he'd even know anything about that technology in the first place.

Yup, cell phone on.
This whole situation makes me want to cry.

Many people wear those slide shoes with socks.
If so, he was better prepared for a wooded area than barefoot.
I also wonder, since brother's place is so close to where they are searching, if Pookie stopped there and took a pair of his brother's shoes and left again.

I just looked in Shelby Tn court records and found nothing about this charge. All previous charges listed on his record had been disposed. So I’m really confused as to why it’s not listed … must research further.
That is weird. Looking back the reference to a June 2022 arrest in Shelby County was cited to Tennessee.arrests.org and the site lists arrest for THEFT OF PROPERTY $10000-$60000. But that isn’t an official website of course so I suppose it could be an error or it could be he was booked but then no charges filed. I agree if he was charged it should come up in the court search you did.

ThSo he was in prison for 20 years and gets out barely a year ago to commit the same crime?? Wow.

Does anyone know details of the last kidnapping at gunpoint? The victim was not killed I believe ? I’m trying to hold on to the hope that they let her go.
They locked him in the trunk and took him to an ATM to withdraw money. He escaped or he probably would have been killed. Also he was caught in Liza's case because his shoe came off and he left it behind. They extracted DNA and got a match. I have to chuckle that his brother sold him out.

I know the very basics of this tragedy. But I did want to make a few comments. First of all this was obviously an opportunistic crime, very sad. I'm glad it only took a few hours to make the arrest. His footware (Champion slides) helped bring a close with solid evidence against the perp. Here's the thing in today's society camera's are everywhere. They are a great deterrent IMO. But then there are perp's like this runnung around out there, granted some get lucky because it has to be proven that its this perp who is the actual perpatrator of the crime. On the roads there are so many cameras out there plus dashcams and private security cameras at residences and businesses facing the street. My point here is to not to underestimate the boldness of some of these perps. They walk around the planet thinking that they are a gift to the earth somehow and everyone should bow to them. Sometimes their boldness can be a bad thing for the rest of us as in this case. That's one of the reasons sadly in this case the victim was found. IMO Eliza was confident that the cameras would protect her, rightly so that's why she decided she could do the runs at that early time of the morning. However in her naivety she overlooked the fact that there are such people out there so in fact she won't be safe, sadly. But there is no slight on Eliza here, don't get me wrong because she was a victim in every sense and I feel very bad for her. The thing is it only took one time for this to happen. I'm just saying. Its tragic all around. So sad.

Late to the table on this one. So disheartening.
Too many of these young women/mothers being killed.
Looking like she may be found soon.
Unlike recent cases I have followed. Jennifer Dulos and Suzanne Morphew being the latest.
Thanks for all the great posts and updates.
MOO.

Interesting to look at what businesses are adjacent to that exact area - would be a very unusual coincidence If this had to do with the search for Liza IMO
Also to add IMO, based off of descriptions and maps/photos of the LE presence at this location, they are not on the side of the interstate where the creek/waterway is.

Don't want to sit on my fingers since I have nothing to add other than my continued thoughts and prayers.
I don't understand why all these various areas being searched except for possible (probable) data from the perps phone and possibly the vehicle he used.
This search has literally been all over the city, and still no Eliza.
I do hope these tips pan out and her family gets answers. If they are searching in the Getwell/Nonconnah Creek/Airport areas also this is literally an all-out search. Kudos to MPD for their determination and quick actions on bringing him in.
Following without posting until we know something else solid,
Chi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members