Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late to the table on this one. So disheartening.
Too many of these young women/mothers being killed.
Looking like she may be found soon.
Unlike recent cases I have followed. Jennifer Dulos and Suzanne Morphew being the latest.
Thanks for all the great posts and updates.
MOO.
Well stated citygirl. I pray every day they find both Suzanne and Jennifer and bring them home to their loved ones. I also pray they convict all involved in their murders. Please let them locate Liza and bring justice down hard on his head.

I was getting ready to post something similar. Why would they remove a computer and her car (and garden shears, possibly) yesterday morning if they already had pretty significant leads on what/who they were looking for? By that time, they had seen the video of the abduction and the violence involved... why would they be looking for other things that seem unrelated?

It's possible they were looking for any potential connection to someone who has made threats or service folks currently or previously employed by the family that drive that type of car. Hard to say why, really, but they had a legit reason and it may not be unrelated at all. There's still a lot we don't know.

jmo

In the video it shows several LE walking the slope between the businesses and the freeway.
There are narrow blue lines along each side of 240 on Google maps in the section Watson Rd - Titus Rd (both deadend at 240 on the north side) and Getwell Rd exit. I believe those are canals or more likely large drainage ditches that then meet and flow into Nonconnah Creek near the airport on the southside of 240.

MassGuy posted this msm tweet which includes video travelling westbound on 240, exit north at Getwell, and other posters have provided still photos of this new search area. hth

If the vehicle was idle at the scene for 4 minutes after he abducted her, why wouldn't he have quickly hopped out and retrieved his slides prior to taking off? Surely he would've known they flew off his feet during the struggle and were right outside the door. I think they must've been an extra pair (not in use at the time) that fell out the car during the commotion. My opinion only.
CA probably got angry when Liza started fighting him, and, being furious, lost whatever shreds of intelligence he had. Plus, he already spent time at that spot, so had to rapidly move away.

(While keeping my fingers crossed that they’ll find her, and soon).

I believe this is only available for Federal Inmates, not State inmates. I’m assuming robbing a federally protected bank would qualify the Kemper kidnapping as a federal crime?

Cleotha was in Tennessee State Prison for the Kemper crime. Here's some of the info that's still online. There's more at the link.

Tennessee Department of Correction Felony Offender Information

(www.tn.gov/correction/redirect-agency-services/foil.html)

CLEOTHA DEWAYNE ABSTON

Birth Date: 11/27/1983

TDOC ID: 00338752

Combined Sentence(s) Length: 24 YRS 0 MTHS 0 DAYS

Sentence End Date: 11/07/2020

You can access his page by going to the URL listed above and entering his name or his TDOC ID.

It's possible they were looking for any potential connection to someone who has made threats or service folks currently or previously employed by the family that drive that type of car. Hard to say why, really, but they had a legit reason and it may not be unrelated at all. There's still a lot we don't know.

jmo
They did this with the jogger from New York, too.

It could just be that LE has a speeder pulled over. lol
That's a lot of cops must be a habitual speeder lol. All of that for some speeding tickets in the middle or an urgent search for a kidnapped woman.
Things that make you go hmmm.
JMO
Chi

Attachments

• Fb10pobWQAQnA5n.jpg
    Fb10pobWQAQnA5n.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Fb10pQzWQAAwLQC.jpg
    Fb10pQzWQAAwLQC.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 6
So he kidnaps her, then immediately kills her? He had to have had some kind of weapon for her not to outrun him
If a big tall violent man who was probably been lifting weights in prison for 20 years suddenly aggressively (as described by police who have seen the footage)runs at you on a deserted street intent on grabbing you that is a severely frightening situation. I don’t like the implication that Eliza coulda shoulda outrun him. I don’t care that she was a runner who could do however many minutes miles. She was prey.

How does the last name "Henderson" play into this, anyone know? Women take on spouse's names. Men's names typically do not change. Confusing...
I wondered the same. In the affidavit he's known as "(Henderson)" but none of his criminal bookings show him with that name, so I'm at a loss.

Attachments

• 15803C6E-C6BD-40B0-854A-27CCAD014AA9.jpeg
    15803C6E-C6BD-40B0-854A-27CCAD014AA9.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors