Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they had Life360 - but would it have told him exactly where her phone was before it was stomped?
I didn’t know it was a friend who found her items - I missed that or forgot it.
I don’t think the “friend” aspect is verified info, at least I can’t remember reading it. I think the assumption is being made because the finder of items returned the items directly to the family. My opinion only.

I was being facetious. I’m just sick about this … but his list of opioid drugs on hand kill more than twice as many people in America than guns do.
Per CDC - 2021
Death by Gun: 49,000
Opioid Drug Overdose: 100,306

I can't argue with you on that. You are spot on.
But, my point was that it is different to be caught up in drug addiction and drug dealing than it is to actively go out and abduct someone off the street, for no reason related to addiction. Many people are caught up in addiction. Almost none of them planned it (including the low level dealers).
Again, his brother might be a horrible person. But it seemed that he coughed up detail to police pretty quickly about his brother. This isn't what most hardened criminals do. (Sorry, I sound like I am defending the brother...I'm just suggesting that it's possible that he's just struggling with everyday life. Of course he might be a terrible jerk.)

So what happens next? Pookie has a court date on Tuesday. Will he enter a plea then? Will there be anotheer affidavit like the one we saw today that may contain more information? Surely there will be affidavits in support of search warrants for his car, his phone, where he was living, etc. They may not be very helpful though. I am familiar with the general process but every state is a little different. Does anyone have knowwledge of how it works in Tennessee?

You know, I have been thinking, a lot of people have suggested he might have been on drugs and he might have. But being in prison for the last 20 years might have led him to avoid hard drugs. Sixteen is a little young to be a serious heroin addict but not impossible, and he was incarcerated until less than 2 years ago. I'm not so naive as to think he would not have access to drugs in prison but it probably would be very limited. And it seems unlikely that a 36 year old man would take up heroin when he got out, <modsnip>

I don't think we need to consider if he was high. It just does not matter. He is just a bad, bad guy

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone found his prison record. I've found the inmate search and found him in there but it essentially only gives release date. Some states let you see great detail including how much they got paid for picking up trash along the road, disciplinary infractions, and so forth. I can't seem to find that for Tennessee. I can't even find out where he was housed.

You know, I have been thinking, a lot of people have suggested he might have been on drugs and he might have. But being in prison for the last 20 years might have led him to avoid hard drugs. Sixteen is a little young to be a serious heroin addict but not impossible, and he was incarcerated until less than 2 years ago. I'm not so naive as to think he would not have access to drugs in prison but it probably would be very limited. And it seems unlikely that a 36 year old man would take up heroin when he got out, especially after his SIL OD-ing.

I don't think we need to consider if he was high. It just does not matter. He is just a bad, bad guy

He spent more of his life behind bars than outside. I doubt he had much money to spend on drugs tbh.

My mistake on the timing of the report but same speculation. Hubby calls friends, can you help me look for Eliza? Friend finds phone and things, guves to family member, then report to police, because now they DEFINITELY know something is wrong wrong wrong.
MOO

Not sure of her phone type but she may have had location sharing on for her device. If that is the case, the friend may have lived nearby and was called by the spouse. I would further imagine that a friend might have been called because the spouse had the kids.

<modsnip> It was good that the spouse was able to get someone there otherwise it would have taken a longer time to figure out what happened to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many have wondered why someone would spend 20 years in jail and get out and reoffend. It’s my opinion that a person like this is most likely more comfortable in jail. He cannot function in the outside world. I’m sure he as high on drugs, but it’s my opinion that he didn’t care about going back.

RSBM: Simply, poor impulse control.

He likely regretted it five minutes later, hence, the “acting strange”. He’s likely regretting it in a very big way now. MOO

He spent more of his life behind bars than outside. I doubt he had much money to spend on drugs tbh.
Well, he managed to have a place to stay and a car to drive. The women he was bothering over by his brother's apartment said he was there all the time with the car hanging out. And that brother is a drug dealer (allegedly).

Very sad she's not located yet. Not sure if this was posted already but I don't recall hearing this although that explains why a brief struggle.

She may have been seriously harmed within the first minutes of this encounter :( and explains why she either went willingly hurt/threatened or she was injured enough for him to take control over her. BBM

"Records also state that the abduction, which was caught on camera, was violent in nature and may have resulted in serious bodily injury."

Edited: for typo

Last edited:
What was happening in those 4 minutes that the vehicle remained at the abduction site? Was she drugged? Strangled or beat? Sexually assaulted? I can’t imagine what that poor woman went through. Praying that justice and answers come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305