Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

More on his wallet theft on Sept 1 at the movie theater he was a cleaner at:

On Thursday, September 1, a woman reported to Memphis Police that her CashApp and Wisely Card were being used at gas stations without her knowledge or consent.

The woman told police that she left her wallet at work, at a Malco on Germantown Road. When investigators reviewed video from that Malco, they said they saw a member of a cleaning service take her wallet, an arrest affidavit shows. The manager of that cleaning service identified the person who took the wallet as Abston, police said.

The woman who’s wallet was stolen told police which gas stations her cards had been used at and investigators were able to recover footage showing Abston using the cards at gas pumps, according to an arrest affidavit.

In all, Abston took $910.80 from her, police said. In connection to that case, Abston now faces charges of identity theft, theft of property $1,000 or less and fraudulent use/illegal possession of credit/debit cards, according to his arrest affidavit.

I will literally never be able to understand this guy.

You have a job and yet you throw it away for less than $1000 which isn’t even a months wage.

Then hours later you murder somebody and then it seems you ditch the body literally streets away from his bothers home ( if the maps are correct) who you visit daily and are close to. Then go his house to clean up as well.

As many cases as I’ve followed and I still just can’t comprehend the human evil that walks this earth. I’ll never understand it. Her poor family! Heavenly Father be with Eliza’s family today and in the weeks and months to come, Amen.
It just blows my mind that people in this world can kill others.

So we know he was released from prison in 2020 and then had the charge from this June before all the recent events with the stolen wallet on Sept 1st and continuing on to abduct Eliza. Does anyone really think there were no crimes between his release and June 2022? What else has he done? I know his prior case was abducting a male for ATM/cash reasons. Then taking the wallet to use for money. I feel like abduction straight to murder is a big step even for a criminal with his history. A sexually motivated crime is very different than stealing for money or even abduction to use the ATM to get cash. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, just so confused and sad that this person was allowed to walk among us. Clearly no desire to fit in to society and be a part of it in a productive positive way.

Maybe like someone on here guessed earlier, these were extra shoes that fell out of the car? Or just he heard something after the struggle, thought oh #$%@ get in the car, missing shoes be damned, or he is just really dumb.

How much of the whole story will we get to hear?
I think you're right in that he really is that dumb and his desire to exert power over Eliza and satisfy his sexual desires blinded him to everything else.

My assumption is he'll plead not guilty, especially if charged with capital murder, because then he can try to avoid the needle. However, it may be a case where he pleads guilty to a lesser charge - like 1st degree murder - and gets life w/o parole. Either way, this guy is never seeing the outside of a prison again.

Often in cases like this, the prosecution will consult with the victim's family and discuss options. They did that with Chris Watts and that's why he's serving LWOP vs. death which he assuredly would've gotten had he taken it to trial.

As for the story, it's unlikely we'll ever know the full truth because this has shown a high propensity to lie and divert the truth so LE can piece it together as best they can, but the only people who know for certain are Eliza and him and one is almost assuredly dead at the hands of the other.

I am so sorry that this young woman was snatched off the street and brutally murdered by an animal who doesn't even deserve to draw another breath. I am so sorry that her two children will have to grow up without their mother, and am sorry for all of her family and students who loved her. I am thankful that she has apparently been found now, and can be laid to rest with dignity. RIP, Eliza. May justice be swift!

Last edited:
So we know he was released from prison in 2020 and then had the charge from this June before all the recent events with the stolen wallet on Sept 1st and continuing on to abduct Eliza. Does anyone really think there were no crimes between his release and June 2022? What else has he done? I know his prior case was abducting a male for ATM/cash reasons. Then taking the wallet to use for money. I feel like abduction straight to murder is a big step even for a criminal with his history. A sexually motivated crime is very different than stealing for money or even abduction to use the ATM to get cash. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, just so confused and sad that this person was allowed to walk among us. Clearly no desire to fit in to society and be a part of it in a productive positive way.

Also a juvenile rape case.

I will literally never be able to understand this guy.

You have a job and yet you throw it away for less than $1000 which isn’t even a months wage.

Then hours later you murder somebody and then it seems you ditch the body literally streets away from his bothers home ( if the maps are correct) who you visit daily and are close to. Then go his house to clean up as well.
Likely frustrated by the pace of life and his position in life and just figured … who cares. Ridiculous.

Sad to say, Jessica Ridgeway's recovery was after dark and media still got some pretty disturbing shots that I'm sure all of us who were here then remember.

Yes. So much yes. That image is never going to leave my brain.

I certainly hope they're taking steps to make sure something like that doesn't happen again. I don't mind waiting a while for news if that's what it takes.

Is that an abandoned house?

google map
Likely not. There are window unit air conditioners seen in the photo's. You can cast a vast net around Memphis. You have all levels of living from the homeless, to the ultra rich. The neighborhood this is in is NOT the best, yet not the worst, but true enough, its bad by most standards.

I think they've been narrowing it down for days. If he didn't have time to go too far away and he seems careless in most other areas, maybe they figured closer to home. Someone might have also smelled something :( Just guessing possible reasons they have been searching this area. It does seem close to where he was and maybe his phone data came back or even vehicle data if that is possible on the car he was driving.
I work in the death care industry and my first thought was Memphis heat I wonder if someone smelled an odor.

According to a few articles, it's been stated he was arrested for rape as a juvenile. It's unclear to me if he was charged, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks