Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like everyone else here in Memphis, my alerts on my phone and computer are going off constantly right now. So much so that I have turned them off. No one knows who this deceased person is yet.
Until law enforcement makes a statement, we will have to wait.
My thought are with Eliza's family, that they will be strong enough to withstand this storm.
Knowing her side of the family in the past, this is personal for me.
And we wait, which is agonizing.
Either way, a family has lost someone. That much we know. :(
Chi

Attachments

• ELIZA.jpg
    ELIZA.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 2
With his criminal history he shouldn't even have been out of prison
I see a lot of people saying this and YES, he is a horrible excuse for a human and we do not wish him another free day in his life. But the kidnapping crime he was convicted of at just 16 years old, he served his time. A reasonable judge and jury would hope and expect that 20 years of incarceration and (obviously either ineffective or nonexistent) rehabilitation he might be able to be released and become a productive member of society. Many have been convicted of murder and served less!!

I'm just certain this is her body. Location aside, they could possibly determine gender, race, hair color. By not ruling her out, they've basically confirmed it's her. JMO

Watching here and waiting for news. I am not expecting good news about Eliza.
- - - - - - - -
Just saw this -- yesterday's news -- please excuse if a repeat, especially now that we're waiting for news re the body found...

Man Charged in Abduction of Billionaire’s Granddaughter, Police Say​

Eliza Fletcher was last seen early on Friday jogging in Memphis. She was forced into a dark-colored S.U.V. and remains missing, the police said.
By April Rubin
Published Sept. 4, 2022Updated Sept. 5, 2022, 7:27 p.m. ET
A Memphis kindergarten teacher remained missing on Monday a day after the police charged a man in connection with her abduction during an early morning jog.
[...]
A person who was biking in the area around 6:45 a.m. found Ms. Fletcher’s cellphone and gave it to her family, who turned it over to the police, court records said. The biker also found a pair of shoes, Champion slides, in the same area.
The shoes were linked by DNA testing to Cleotha Abston, and video evidence also showed him wearing the shoes, court records said. The authorities, relying on cellphone data, tracked Cleotha Abston’s phone to near where Ms. Fletcher was forced into the S.U.V.
[...]
Cleotha Abston was at the home of Mario Abston, who said his brother was acting “very strange.” Cleotha Abston washed his clothes in the sink at the house, according to court records.
Cleotha Abston is scheduled to be arraigned on Tuesday. It was not immediately clear if he had a lawyer.
-----------------------------
Source:

It seems imo that the garden shears and her car were taken from the home perhaps for her dna samples? They had a match to his Shoes pretty quick. Skin or even blood and fingerprints from them could be compared. I know there is rapid dna comparisons that can be matched in hours
Oh, now that makes sense. Why chose garden shears, of all things? You would think a toothbrush? Hair brush? Seems like those would be less conspicuous when collecting.

True. They seem too be just born that way. They don’t get others feelings and they don’t care. They’ll mirror the emotions of those around them. They are soulless, empty, lacking and scary. They can suck the life right out of you.

Do we know anything about his upbringing other than he has a brother? He’s young enough his parents could still be living, but I’ve read nothing about them, including in articles about his juvenile crimes. Just curious what his childhood was like. Not that it would excuse any of his crimes at all even if he had been neglected or abused.

The Bria Jones tweet video clip where the camera turns and shows how close the body was found to the Longview Gardens apartments (the building shown at the beginning of the clip) — wow
So driving distance maybe further, but a straight line walk seems so very close!

I'm just certain this is her body. Location aside, they could possibly determine gender, race, hair color. By not ruling her out, they've basically confirmed it's her. JMO

And approximate height, approximate weight, approximate date of death. All six things would be unlikely to match if it were someone else.

Do we know anything about his upbringing other than he has a brother? He’s young enough his parents could still be living, but I’ve read nothing about them, including in articles about his juvenile crimes. Just curious what his childhood was like. Not that it would excuse any of his crimes at all even if he had been neglected or abused.
I haven't seen anything at all about his upbringing, except he had an extensive criminal record and his "brother" doesn't have the same last name. Guessing his childhood wasn't ideal.

This is SUCH a sad case, and I'm really angry. There are two sweet little boys who now don't have a mom, and for what? I still don't see a motive. It's not even clear there was a sexual assault. Just . . . awful.

I haven’t seen anything in news stories about his family other than of course his one brother. I have a feeling though if he is tried and convicted and has a penalty phase type hearing we will be told all about it and more than we want to know.

I don't know. Something wrong with their brain at birth? Childhood trauma? All of the above? I have worked with criminals, many of them with low impulse control because they had learning disabilities due to their mother's alcohol use while pregnant. So many with FAS and FAE. Worst thing to tell them was the word 'no' and they would lose it.
Interesting, though, that the brother doesn't seem to be similarly affected. They arrested him on drug charges, but he was cooperative up to a point. No prior criminal record,or not of a violent nature.

Some of that info may come out as the case progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
giulian.57