Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know multiple "sources" have said the body was ID'd as EF..but it still hasn't been stated by police or family or in my opinion a credible source, so I am waiting for an "official" announcement.

Does anyone know if the hearing today for CA will be live somewhere to watch? I don't see any new charges other than the ones from yesterday that were added.
I understand, and largely agree with you. Sources can be sketchy, and in an effort to be first to report something, some play fast and loose with the facts. Depending on the source, I may or may not believe something when only one is reporting it, but when multiple sources begin to report it, it usually means that they have "unofficially" been told something, meaning LE is confident in stating it, off the record, based probably on physical description or clothing (yes I know we heard about her clothes being found elsewhere, but that was never confirmed), but awaiting official announcement until it has been verified by medical examination and fingerprints, DNA or such, and family have been "officially" notified. The fact that LE have not yet stated that it wasn't Eliza that was found last evening, is pretty much a good reason that we can be sure that it was. JMO

Last edited:
So runners here will understand and probably have this same hope with me. She is wearing a watch in many photos that to me appears to me be a Garmin. I am a runner (though not marathons, just up to 10k's now) and EVERY time I run, I set my Garmin to track my "Activity". Outside, this will track my route that I can look at on a map later, and it tracks my heart rate and pace, time per mile, etc. I have to sync it with my app in order to view this information. Now, if my watch battery dies on my run, it will only track until that point but I do not lose the run unless I specifically discard it. I can run with or without my phone, the watch does the GPS.

What IF: She started her run activity before her run and it just kept tracking her until the battery died? ASSUMING he didn't toss the watch or steal it from her. It would not only track her every move but her heart rate at all times. That would be SUCH valuable information as to time and location of death etc. OMG I hope that she did this.

IMO MOO

That’s according to Fox13 Memphis, which reported the news, citing sources. How did Fletcher die? According to Fox13 Memphis, the cause of death is still not clear.

It’s fascinating to see stuff like this for sale so casually when it’s illegal in the U.K. to carry items like this.
I am curious now-do you literally have some relative confidence in the UK, that this kind of thing won’t happen? It happens here in the US (I live in NY) often enough that these things are marketed. How do you defend yourselves from such people, or does it just not happen?

This picture was taken near Gabay street, which is a few streets over from where the body was found. I notice there is a hill. Just trying to found out where exactly this is. Lincoln Park is right off that road too.

Attachments

• 20D8FC27-E7CE-46E9-9D25-BF19B07D4DDA.jpeg
    20D8FC27-E7CE-46E9-9D25-BF19B07D4DDA.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 23
@BradBrodersTV
· 17m
This morning, we will have team coverage inside courtroom as the man - Cleotha Abston - accused of kidnapping #ElizaFletcher, makes first court appearance in a Shelby County courtroom on this case. Live updates as we get them throughout the day on-air and online @ABC24Memphis.
Show this thread

So runners here will understand and probably have this same hope with me. She is wearing a watch in many photos that to me appears to me be a Garmin. I am a runner (though not marathons, just up to 10k's now) and EVERY time I run, I set my Garmin to track my "Activity". Outside, this will track my route that I can look at on a map later, and it tracks my heart rate and pace, time per mile, etc. I have to sync it with my app in order to view this information. Now, if my watch battery dies on my run, it will only track until that point but I do not lose the run unless I specifically discard it. I can run with or without my phone, the watch does the GPS.

What IF: She started her run activity before her run and it just kept tracking her until the battery died? ASSUMING he didn't toss the watch or steal it from her. It would not only track her every move but her heart rate at all times. That would be SUCH valuable information as to time and location of death etc. OMG I hope that she did this.

IMO MOO
I feel almost positive that is what happened. I was thinking this on the same day she went missing, when they took laptop, thinking they can connect through the gramin connect app on phone and/or laptop. So they had the phone as well and maybe did it that way to track her and then pinged his phone as well to show a connection for evidence?

This picture was taken near Gabay street, which is a few streets over from where the body was found. I notice there is a hill. Just trying to found out where exactly this is. Lincoln Park is right off that road too.

I cannot find where this hill is either.

I am curious now-do you literally have some relative confidence in the UK, that this kind of thing won’t happen? It happens here in the US (I live in NY) often enough that these things are marketed. How do you defend yourselves from such people, or does it just not happen?

No it happens - last year we had the Sarah Everard case which shocked the nation and the world I think. Even most of our police don’t carry guns when on duty. Knife crime is especially bad in the U.K. now but I guess ultimately we trust the police to do their job for us and to protect us.

I was shocked yesterday when somebody showed how bad the crime rate is In Memphis. I wouldn’t go out after dark if I lived there.

Most police officers in the UK do not routinely carry firearms. Where firearms support is needed, it is carried out by specially trained and accredited firearms officers known as authorised firearms officers (AFOs)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member