GUILTY TN - Emma Walker, 16, fatally shot, Knox Co, 21 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

Laura Halm@WATELauraHalm
2m2 minutes ago
Laura Halm Retweeted Madisen Keavy
#GaulTrial

---Madisen Keavy@madisenkeavy
When Gaul’s verdict is read on Count 1, gasps in courtroom from Emma Walker’s family and friends.

Robert Grant@RobertGrantWVLT
5m5 minutes ago
Judge accepts verdict and thanks jury in what was “a very tough case”. #GaulTrial @wvlt

Louis Fernandez Jr@LouisWBIR
5m5 minutes ago
Judge McGee accepts the verdict, the jury has been released #GaulTrial @wbir

3m3 minutes ago
Gaul's bond has been revoked, he is now being taken into custody #GaulTrial @wbir

Donovan Long@WVLTDonovan
3m3 minutes ago
Officers place Riley Gaul in handcuffs. He is now in custody. @wvlt #GaulTrial

DctK-pUWAAEMYG9.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3m3 minutes ago
Riley Gaul taken into custody. #GaulTrial @wvlt

DctK-GbWAAEhhxy.jpg

6m6 minutes ago
Court is adjourned. #GaulTrial @wvlt

3m3 minutes ago
Friends and family of Emma Walker hugging and crying outside the courtroom after Riley Gaul was convicted of first degree murder. #GaulTrial @wvlt

DctLw-bXcAE_FiZ.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
11m11 minutes ago
Audible reaction from the gallery as #RileyGaul is found guilty of 1st degree murder in the death of his ex-girlfriend #EmmaWalker

(video clip https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/993969776782266368...)

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
7m7 minutes ago
#RileyGaul is sentenced immediately to life in prison WITH the possibility of parole for the murder of #EmmaWalker

DctLldxVQAAIPo9.jpg

DctLldvUQAAOhqi.jpg

DctLle4VAAAPcnr.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RIP Emma...:candle:

Football Player William Riley Gaul Found Guilty in Murder of Cheerleader Emma Jane Walker

"William Riley Gaul, 19, has been found guilty of both premeditated and felony murder for the death of his ex-girlfriend Emma Jane Walker. Members of the courtroom gallery gasped loudly when the guilty verdict on the first murder count was read.

Here is the jury’s complete verdict:

First-Degree Murder. GUILTY

Stalking (with Bodily Injury and a Deadly Weapon). NOT GUILTY

Lesser-included offense of stalking: GUILTY

Theft of Property (Grandfather’s Gun). GUILTY

Interfering with Government Operations/Hiding Evidence. GUILTY

Reckless Endangerment (Firing Gun into a Habitation). GUILTY

Employing a Firearm during a Dangerous Felony. NOT GUILTY

Lesser-included offense of possessing a firearm during a dangerous felony: GUILTY

Killing During Aggravated Child Abuse (Felony Murder). GUILTY

As we previously explained in our complete breakdown of the charges, the murder convictions carried mandatory life sentences; however, here, the judge did grant Gaul the possibility of parole...."

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profil...emma-jane-walker-cheerleader-football-player/

Emma-Walker-1.jpg

Such a waste of so may lives- so sad, IMO
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Y/N for keeping everyone informed during the Trial. I had just caught up with this case. I didn't follow it in the beginning.

The verdict came in quicker than I thought. Why Life With Parole? Was he a teen when he committed the murder? I guess I should go back and read again. I thought 1st degree was without parole, I guess different states it is different. Ugh!

So maybe parole after 25 years?

I am soooo glad they convicted him. This was such a slam dunk case IMO. He tried so hard to get away with this, which makes his conviction even more satisfying for me.

William Riley Gaul Trial Verdict 05/08/18

[video=youtube;dUQLbM6DY2M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUQLbM6DY2M[/video]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17m17 minutes ago
We're waiting now to hear a statement from the District Attorney's office after Riley Gaul was found guilty #GaulTrial @wbir

DctPyifWAAI3Z1v.jpg

Michael Patrick@michaelpix
16m16 minutes ago
Family of Emma Walker hug after Riley Gaul convicted of first degree murder in her death. @knoxnews @jamiescoop

DctQhHRW0AEqyxM.jpg

Donovan Long@WVLTDonovan
1m1 minute ago
“Today is about justice for Emma Walker” @CharmeAllenDA addresses the media following the trial of Riley Gaul. @wvlt #GaulTrial

DctUrh8W4AE8tHc.jpg

No moreTweets on the DA addresses the media....

14m14 minutes ago
Here are the verdicts for each charge #GaulTrial @wbir

DctXswHW4AocYq4.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand how the jurors reached the verdict on count 6- "Employing a firearm during a dangerous felony" - not guilty

"Possession of a firearm during a dangerous felony"- guilty

Why is he not guilty of "employing" and yet guilty on possession?....:thinking: Didn't he hold/shoot the gun? That's employing, isn't it?

employ

"transitive verb
1 a : to make use of (someone or something inactive) employ a pen for sketching..."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/employ

Very strange, IMO... or maybe I'm stupid...:thinking:

14m14 minutes ago
Here are the verdicts for each charge #GaulTrial @wbir

DctXswHW4AocYq4.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SNIP

I don't understand how the jurors reached the verdict on count 6- "Employing a firearm during a dangerous felony" - not guilty

"Possession of a firearm during a dangerous felony"- guilty

Very strange, IMO... or maybe I'm stupid...:thinking:

IMO, I think this was a lesser "felony" charge in the event RG was not guilty of 1st degree murder which requires premeditation. However, I know that "felony murder" does NOT require premeditation so I don't understand the guilty verdict here either?...

IMO, I think this was a lesser "felony" charge in the event RG was not guilty of 1st degree murder which requires premeditation. However, I know that "felony murder" does NOT require premeditation so I don't understand the guilty verdict here either?...

OK, after listening to closing statement, the "employing firearm" charge was related to the "stalking" charge so his was not guilty of using the gun during the "kidnapping" or "man in black" episodes. Also, the "felony murder" guilty verdict was tied to "child endangerment."

So many lives ruined by a golden boy narcissist. Prayers for both EW and RG families.

Theres's interesting history about Tennessee sentencing guidelines and it is true that 51 years for murder (before parole) applies to all including first-time offenders and also juveniles! I'd say its 99% chance that RG will die in TN prison and my heart breaks for that Grandfather.

"...In Tennessee, all penalties for First Degree Murder, even for juveniles sentenced as adults, are equivalent to a death sentence, whether a social death sentence or a physical one. In Tennessee, the only options are the death penalty, life without parole, or a life sentence requiring service of 51 to 60 calendar years. 51 years is impossible to do in practice. No one in Tennessee on record has ever served longer than about 45 years. Therefore, there is no possibility of release with a life sentence in Tennessee. ..."

https://tnsocialjustice.wordpress.com/2014/07/08/51-years-the-new-life-without-parole/

Boy that was a quick verdict!! I was asleep when all this went down!

So does he have to serve 50 years before parole is even considered?

TIA!

They all think that they can do stuff like this and get away with it (although, some do get away with it).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back