Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Bobbywoo, Feb 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angleterre

Angleterre Verified LE & Senior Investigate Officer, England

What news reports and where pla
    TIA

Flicka1 likes this.

2. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Isn't that odd wording? IMO every parent is involved in a missing person investigation. So this is double speak, imo.

Flicka1, cass523, MissMalowe and 3 others like this.
  3. Henry2326

Henry2326 Well-Known Member

They never put out info on an active missing child investigation. They want info......if they need our help with anything else, they will ask.

Renee110, Flicka1, cass523 and 3 others like this.
  4. MissMalowe

MissMalowe Well-Known Member

BBM

"Neither is accused of any wrongdoing" = Neither has been charged with a crime in connection to Evelyn's disappearance

NO ONE has been charged with anything yet nor has anyone been named a POI or Suspect. Not surprising since we're barely 24 hours in. Interesting that the article didn't specify that additional info. as well.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    Flicka1, Amstorrs, cass523 and 3 others like this.
  5. floridamomma

floridamomma Well-Known Member

Pet peeve here, and I know statistics show teen moms blah blah blah. I was 16 when I had a baby. I got my ish in order and promptly finished high school, college and have been a good mom since I found out I was preg with him.He is almost 27 and all my kids and grands are MY WORLD. I am momma bear....just saying, good and bad parents come in so ages\sizes\shapes\etc.

Age is no excuse to lose a baby! I'm a bit overprotective, I've been told...never once have !y kids been in daycare, I can count on two hands how often I have left them with ANYONE.

6. ZhaZhaHa

ZhaZhaHa Well-Known Member

My guess is they meant that they're cooperating.

7. Rockfarmer

Rockfarmer Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with you, in the general sense. But, they are asking for the public's help here. It is unusual to have an Amber Alert without a vehicle description, without a suspect description. It is unusual to not give more details around the "last seen" event. Custodial information is not usually secret. etc.
    IMO, etc.

Flicka1, SugarQueen, 1&2&3 and 4 others like this.
  8. floridamomma

Sadly, I lost hope after researching SM. I'm with you here. Poor darling. I will never understand...I know so many people who are desperate for a baby to love....

Renee110, Flicka1, steelybird and 9 others like this.
  9. Kankan

Kankan Well-Known Member

It always seems to be the boyfriend/girlfriend. This story has played out so many times before. My heart hurts for this little one.

I’m hopeful she is alive, well, and safe with someone who loves her. I’ll be waiting for this to all unfold.

10. floridamomma

Did I miss it, or was the LE tweet posted here? (Removing vehicle info from AA?)

Flicka1 likes this.
  11. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I’m also a former very young teen mom. The labels we get are unfair but so are implications that daycare or other care indicates inferior parenting.

I’m a long time Websleuther and I’m disappointed in the amount of mom and victim blaming in this thread.

Little is known at this point and calling this mom Casey Anthony is a huge leap. It’s entirely possible that mom has seen Evelyn recently but family hasn’t. I had family members that weren’t allowed near my kid and when I was a young teen mom I probably lied to them about where my kid was so they couldn’t see them.
    They weren’t good for her!

i just really think this mom should be given the benefit of the doubt until we know more. And I may very well be WAY wrong but I’d rather be proven wrong then attack a young woman who might just be trying to do her best with what she has.

12. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

Asking how old the parents are because they look young is a pet peeve for you? Because that was literally what I did, I just wanted to know. Actually the father was the one who looked the youngest to me. I have several family members that had babies pretty young. I was not casting any judgement... I was just asking.

13. Kankan

Kankan Well-Known Member

Agree with you about the bad rap single young moms get. It’s wrong. I know tons of wonderful young single mamas.

But I think the difference between you and this situation is if your family members were to get worried and call CPS then LE you would produce your child because it was with you and safe and then that would have been the end of it. In my opinion mom probably had custody, could not produce the child and doesn’t know or want to tell LE where she is. That’s why there is an Amber Alert and an investigation. That’s a pretty big issue if that’s the case.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  14. Rockfarmer

I think that was unconfirmed and on an unofficial scanner-type FB group, so it shouldn't have been here?

Flicka1, cass523 and Kankan like this.
  15. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

If that would be the case I would think mom,dad,family would be screaming on MSM at the top of their lungs. I know I would. IMO

16. Rockfarmer

Respectfully SBM for focus...you are assuming the mom had custody and couldn't produce the child, but the truth is we don't even know that much.

17. swanniee11

swanniee11 Well-Known Member

We don’t know if DCF was ever involved until the report of her missing. Someone could have called DCF and now they’re involved. There’s not enough info yet

18. Kankan

Kankan Well-Known Member

I should have put in my opinion. I believe this to be the case. It may not be. I’ve been wrong before lol. Dad doesn’t have custody and no one else has chimed in either, LE has not said they are working with anyone but parents. I guess we’ll see though.

19. bellyup

bellyup Well-Known Member

I agree but it’s possible that she believed her child was safe with someone else. I’m not buying that mom hasn’t seen this child in 2 months.

Police wouldn’t wind up releasing an Amber Alert after talking to her if she hadn’t seen the child in 2 months. Regardless of if she pulled the “someone took her card”. They would need a real good reason for that Amber Alert.

There’s info missing here that doesn’t point at the mom. IMP I think they have a vehicle they just aren’t releasing that information to the public just yet.

Flicka1, cass523, MamaP and 1 other person like this.
  20. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

So the thread doesn't get shut down, I don't think we should discuss young moms or proper care arrangements generally here. The age of the parents is only interesting in terms of victimology - what was the living situation? Were extended family members involved in Baby E's care? Was mom a SAHM or did she work? We'd ask these questions in any situation to better understand the baby's day to day life.

I don't think anyone meant to make any blanket statements about young or old or single or married moms. Obviously people will have strong opinions and personal stories but that's how a thread goes off the rails so try not to take anything personally and just scroll if it comes up.

Faebray, Flicka1, steelybird and 27 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.