Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's say her mom was demanding she hand over the baby, and let's say she was overwhelmed with parenting the baby and decided to do so (despite her mom seeming like not the most trustworthy person to her). She could then be asking to see the baby, and her mom making excuses, and she was afraid to report it to police because she was worried her mom would then take off with the baby. I GUESS that's possible... but I'm not buying it.
This. Except I would buy it 100% because this has happened to people I know.

o

I hate to agree, I just think the daughter named her mother because it was an easy pick, if she knew her mother was on the run. Hope I’m wrong!

My gut feeling is that MB, AB and HT know exactly what happened to this child. And I suspect that WM knows too, though perhaps second hand. One of them is going to crack, it's just a matter of time, imo.

As someone who has spent time in the Tri-City area and completed due diligence related to whether it was advisable to open a business within the area, I can say that the demographics and culture of this area play a relevant role when evaluating interviews, motives, etc. There are educated professionals within the area, however, this area of the country was targeted by big pharma with opioids (this has actually been reported by MSM, so it is not speculation). There is literally an addiction crisis within Western NC, NW GA, and this part of TN that intentionally created an epidemic of a proportion not seen in most other areas of the country. This is also a mountain community. I saw an interview with someone from western NC once describing the following: “One day someone from the government showed up to tell us we were a poverty stricken community. None of us knew that until they showed up. We just thought that is how life was.” I had an employee from this area who grew up using an outhouse. It was not that her family could not afford to do anything different, it was their remote location and the fact that it was all they had ever known that kept the outhouse going. It is a bit of a different cultural mentality. Like I said, there are educated professionals in the area. There are modern day amenities, however there is also a portion of the population with parents who never attended school or dropped out before 8th grade, and saw this as a totally normal and reasonable choice. Poverty begets poverty. While a portion of the population is progressing, there is a portion who has been left behind. Going back to the interview I referenced, there is a general distrust within the population of government and law enforcement because their presence was unfelt and seen as mostly unnecessary for a much longer time than in most other areas of the US.

Last edited:

Okay so this article says:

“Law enforcement officials confirmed Saturday two Tennessee fugitives have been arrested in connection to the Evelyn Boswell case.

William McCloud, 33, and Angela Boswell, 42, were arrested on Tennessee warrants and will be prepared for extradition, said Lt. Logan Kerr, a spokesman for the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Department in North Carolina.”

Can anyone tell me, were they fugitives because of the car theft? Were the warrants only related to the BMW? Or were they fugitives for some other charges? (I know she was also charged with a probation violation.)

There was speculation based purely on the last name and then the discussion went way off the rails. Nothing relevant to this case or the people involved, to my knowledge.

I'd say both topics have only *slight* relevance, if any. Lots of people are poor, mistrust authority, etc. From all over and of all types.

Thank you...still trying to catch up.

Okay so this article says:

“Law enforcement officials confirmed Saturday two Tennessee fugitives have been arrested in connection to the Evelyn Boswell case.

William McCloud, 33, and Angela Boswell, 42, were arrested on Tennessee warrants and will be prepared for extradition, said Lt. Logan Kerr, a spokesman for the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Department in North Carolina.”

Can anyone tell me, were they fugitives because of the car theft? Were the warrants only related to the BMW? Or were they fugitives for some other charges? (I know she was also charged with a probation violation.)

Not sure about him, but my understanding is that she already had outstanding warrants. I could be mistaken, but that's my understanding. WSers, feel free to correct me if I am mistaken on this.

ETA: Not even sure now where I got that from now, but it feels like I saw it somewhere official ? Court records, possibly ? Ugh...so much information passing through my head at this point, I can't keep anything straight any more. :(

As someone who has spent time in the Tri-City area and completed due diligence related to whether it was advisable to open a business within the area, I can say that the demographics and culture of this area play a relevant role when evaluating interviews, motives, etc. There are educated professionals within the area, however, this area of the country was targeted by big pharma with opioids (this has actually been reported by MSM, so it is not speculation). There is literally an addiction crisis within Western NC, NW GA, and this part of TN that intentionally created an epidemic of a proportion not seen in most other areas of the county. This is also a mountain community. I saw an interview with someone from western NC once describing the following: “One day someone from the government showed up to tell us we were a poverty stricken community. None of us knew that until they showed up. We just thought that is how life was.” I had an employee from this area who grew up using an outhouse. It was not that her family could not afford to do anything different, it was their remote location and the fact that it was all they had ever known that kept the outhouse going. It is a bit of a different cultural mentality. Like I said, there are educated professionals in the area. There are modern day amenities, however there is also a portion of the population with parents who never attended school or dropped out before 8th grade, and saw this as a totally normal and reasonable choice. Poverty begets poverty. While a portion of the population is progressing, there is a portion who has been left behind. Going back to the interview I referenced, there is a general distrust within the population of government and law enforcement because their presence was unfelt and seen as mostly unnecessary for a much longer time than in most other areas of the US.

Wow, thank you, this is very eye-opening to me. As you know, in NYC we have every type of community, but we aren't a mountain community. Also, as an 8th grade teacher, if someone in NYC were to drop out before 8th grade or never go to school, the parents would lose custody of their children due to educational neglect.

Not sure about him, but my understanding is that she already had outstanding warrants. I could be mistaken, but that's my understanding. WSers, feel free to correct me if I am mistaken on this.
They both had outstanding warrants.

Both suspects already had active warrants out for their arrests. Boswell reportedly had a violation probation warrant, while McCloud had a warrant out for theft.

AMBER Alert: Grey BMW found, two fugitives arrested but Tennessee tot is still missing [Police]

ETA: Not even sure now where I got that from now, but it feels like I saw it somewhere official ? Court records, possibly ? Ugh...so much information passing through my head at this point, I can't keep anything straight any more. :(

I know what you mean. But you were right, article linked by @Sweetsbeach says they both had outstanding warrants.

Wow, thank you, this is very eye-opening to me. As you know, in NYC we have every type of community, but we aren't a mountain community. Also, as an 8th grade teacher, if someone in NYC were to drop out before 8th grade or never go to school, the parents would lose custody of their children due to educational neglect.

I have also frequented NYC, and to say there is a VAST cultural difference is an understatement. I grew up in SC. Although I grew up in a middle class family, I am the first college graduate. I have a grandparent who married at age 15 and never attended 9th grade. While this seems shocking, it is a part of the culture within many areas in the South. However, honestly, the area I grew up within in SC has progressed more than this particular area in TN. It is actually meaningful when you apply this understanding when watching interviews with various individuals associated with this case.

Evelyn Boswell: 2 arrested in connection with missing Tennessee girl
[...]

William McCloud, 33, and Angela Boswell, 42, were arrested on Tennessee warrants and will be prepared for extradition, said Lt. Logan Kerr, a spokesman for the Wilkes County, North Carolina, Sheriff’s Department.

[...]

In a news release Saturday, the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Office said that the BMW had been reported stolen, and McCloud and Boswell were located in the vehicle on Friday evening. Both suspects were arrested and charged with possession of stolen property and are being held without bond on fugitive warrants, the news release says. Their first court date is Monday.

The fugitive warrant for Angela Boswell also says that she has "broken the terms of her bail, probation and parole," although no details are provided.

[...]

Megan was purchasing the vehicle for her mother...

Kristen Quon on Twitter
NEW INFORMATION: The sheriffs office has released new details in the disappearance of Evelyn Boswell. Charges have been filed against Maggie’s mother Angela Boswell, and William McCloud.

ERapRUSXsAADcPf.jpg
ERapRUTW4AAC9My.jpg

6:18 PM - 22 Feb 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics