Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So new information from the PC:

Evelyn was last seen by a babysitter on December 10th in Sullivan County. The baby's grandfather reported her missing. The mother has provided conflicting information and they cannot rely on the information she's provided. Certain information she has provided has been explicitly contradicted by video evidence or eyewitness testimony.

LE is currently looking for a grey BMW the occupants of which car may have information about Evelyn. LE is not saying they believe the occupants of the BMW have Evelyn. The car was seen in VA. The mother is known to have family in VA. LE is not releasing the names of the occupants of the BMW or why they are seeking to speak to them at this point.

The sheriff has put up a $1,000 reward personally for the return of Evelyn.

LE also said they are not releasing the mother's story because they do not want to confuse the public. It is interesting that they do not think there is any useful information in there at all to the point they do not want to release any of it because it's so useless and untrue. It's scary.

Well, that press conference wasn't exactly lifting my hopes any.

I too am thinking about Diane Downs, Susan Smith, Casey Anthony. A group of crows is called a murder; what you do you call the group of mothers who dispose of their children like trash?

MOO

FEB 21, 2020
New vehicle information released in Tennessee AMBER Alert of 1-year-old baby
[...]

... Officers are not releasing the identity of the individuals in the vehicle they're looking for.

[...]

... However, she wasn't reported as a missing child until Feb. 18, 2020 when officers got a Department of Children's Services referral from Boswell's grandfather.

Sullivan County law enforcement believe that Boswell is in imminent danger, but they do believe Boswell is alive. ...

When asked if the mother was a suspect in the case, officers said "no one is counted out as a suspect." Officers said the mother's story isn't matching up with evidence they've gathered in the case.

[...]

TBI said some information can't be released to the public because it would hurt the investigation. So far, 200 tips have been reported.

"I don't disregard anything," an officer said when asked if Boswell had been kidnapped.

[...]

FEB 21, 2020
Sheriff Cassidy believes Evelyn Boswell is alive, says mother's info is not accurate
[...]

Sullivan County Sheriff Jeff Cassidy says family members haven't seen Boswell for weeks. He says a babysitter last reported seeing Boswell on December 11.

Cassidy said he believes Evelyn is still alive.

[...]

Cassidy says the information Maggie Boswell has told them is not accurate. He says some of the things Maggie has said doesn't lead up to the information authorities have checked on.

[...]

The TBI is searching for a 2007 BMW with Tennessee license plate 3M9-6W9. Authorities believe the driver could have information regarding Evelyn. Cassidy did not call the person a suspect.

[...]

The TBI says they have received more than 200 tips, but there is some information they cannot release for fear it will hurt the investigation.

The Sheriff is offering a $1,000 reward for information that leads to bringing Evelyn home.

[...]

Oh the backstory on this one has got to be interesting.

My first question is about returning her. Return her to whom? MB would have had primary custody, but she’s obviously not looking for her, and didn’t feel the need to report her missing.

My gut feeling: Evelyn is alive. I think she is in the care of a relative who knows she’s being looked for and is keeping her hidden. I believe the car belongs to that relative. My question is why? Why does she need to be kept away and from who? MB is obviously not upset that she’s not with her. EP is essentially out of the picture and may not be able to care for her full time. MB’s father reported her missing, but I’m guessing he doesn’t have custody.
Why does this child need to be hidden?

When LE is just as confused as we are, this cannot be good. I am appalled that the babysitter is the only decent source of information for her last whereabouts. None of this is adding up to anything substantial to help find her. Makes me sick.

LE also said they are not releasing the mother's story because they do not want to confuse the public. It is interesting that they do not think there is any useful information in there at all to the point they do not want to release any of it because it's so useless and untrue. It's scary.
I thought the same thing and the fact LE said this to the public to me is telling. Seems to me he was calling her out publicly. I have not followed many cases but I am used to hearing "cooperating, talking, not cooperating,..." language. But I have not heard the information provided is not useful, conflicting, etc.

When LE is just as confused as we are, this cannot be good. I am appalled that the babysitter is the only decent source of information for her last whereabouts. None of this is adding up to anything substantial to help find her. Makes me sick.

I wonder if the babysitter had a specific schedule and what she was told about her services no longer being required. I am sure she told LE.

Yeah, when LE goes back two weeks from original missing date (we're pushing close to four months since a non-family member has seen her), because LE thinks it needs to find "last sighting" information from someone who is not a family member; it sounds like big-time trouble. Either they're hopelessly confused, or they don't find any of Evelyn's family reliable. :(

Josh Smith on Twitter
AMBER ALERT for Evelyn Boswell in Sullivan County: Sheriff Jeff Cassidy says "finding Evelyn Boswell is our top concern"... says it is a case unlike any he's ever seen. Says the case began with a DCS referral on Tuesday. The child's mother Maggie Bowsell & father Ethan Perry...
2:04 PM - 21 Feb 2020

Josh Smith on Twitter
...are involved in the investigation. Cassidy repeats that family members haven't seen the child for two months. A person of interest has been involved. Gray 2007 BMS 3M9-6W9. The Sheriff has donated $1000 for a reward.
2:04 PM - 21 Feb 2020

I doubt if LE is as confused as we are. I'm sure they have a pretty good handle on what's going on and there is a lot of info we are not privy to. They may not know where the baby is but they definitely know a lot about what happened.

The problem with Safe Haven protections is that in most states it's only valid if the child is a newborn 1 month old or younger. Some states it's just 72 hours old or younger. Otherwise, a parent could be charged with abandonment.

Assuming that Evelyn is alive, Does this MB not understand that if she does not help LE and / or produce the child then she will NEVER have custody of her baby again? She may not even get visitation. This is why I can’t buy that she is just keeping Evelyn hidden. If she caress enough about her to hide her, then surely she would be motivated by the idea of NEVER seeing the child again to cooperate.

So new information from the PC:

Evelyn was last seen by a babysitter on December 10th in Sullivan County. The baby's grandfather reported her missing. The mother has provided conflicting information and they cannot rely on the information she's provided. Certain information she has provided has been explicitly contradicted by video evidence or eyewitness testimony.

LE is currently looking for a grey BMW the occupants of which car may have information about Evelyn. LE is not saying they believe the occupants of the BMW have Evelyn. The car was seen in VA. The mother is known to have family in VA. LE is not releasing the names of the occupants of the BMW or why they are seeking to speak to them at this point.

The sheriff has put up a $1,000 reward personally for the return of Evelyn.

Anyone else wondering why mom hasn't been arrested for obstructing an investigation? If she's not being truthful and LE knows it why is she not in custody? This is critical imo. She has custody and is responsible for the well being of a child that is missing. I am so confused about this.

FEB 21, 2020
If Evelyn Boswell disappeared in December, why did it take months to issue an Amber Alert?
[...]

Among the updates:
  • A babysitter may have been the last person to see Evelyn, on a date much earlier than had first been reported.
  • The child's grandfather reported her missing. The Tennessee Department of Children's Services immediately launched an investigation.
  • Both the child's mother and father, who are not married, have been involved in the investigation.
  • Police are looking for the owner of the BMW because "we just think that they have some additional information that can lead us to the contact or resulting in finding this child," Cassidy, the sheriff, said.
  • Evelyn's mother has full custody of the child. Her father is in the military, stationed in Louisiana.
  • Cassidy said he is personally offering $1,000 to anyone who offers information that leads to the safe return of the child. He asked others to contribute, too, "to bring sweet Evelyn home."
[...]

Anyone else wondering why mom hasn't been arrested for obstructing an investigation? If she's not being truthful and LE knows it why is she not in custody? This is critical imo. She has custody and is responsible for the well being of a child that is missing. I am so confused about this.
My guess is they don’t want to jump the gun until all of the main leads have been exhausted. It sounds like the biggest lead they are trying to rule out is a family member in the silver bmw having info. After that happens, I wouldn’t be surprised if they take the mom into custody under charges. For LE to come out so early on with info that the mother is cooperating but lying is extremely telling. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288