Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I see Grand Jury hearing in April - but probably no date in the article? I couldn't access any of the ones you all posted...

Grand Jury proceedings are confidential so we will not know when it happens until they issue an indictment (if they do). The state will just charge her and say an indictment has been issued.

The judge caught me when he said she has ties to TX. We know that in one of those interviews she said she visited Evelyn’s dad there. Now as for EP he is in Louisiana so that wouldn’t make much sense to me to worry about those ties to TX if it was only EP she was visiting in TX. Perhaps, she had other family there. It will be very interesting to see how TX is tied to this case.

The judge caught me when he said she has ties to TX. We know that in one of those interviews she said she visited Evelyn’s dad there. Now as for EP he is in Louisiana so that wouldn’t make much sense to me to worry about those ties to TX if it was only EP she was visiting in TX. Perhaps, she had other family there. It will be very interesting to see how TX is tied to this case.

I agree about raising the bond, I would have thought No Bond Set would have been better, IMO. With that said, did the judge raise the bond bc they had a feeling someone was working to bond her out or was it raised bc of the extra charge added?

Does anyone know if any relatives/friends showed for the hearing this morning? Like has any MSM sites reported on this that I have missed?

And what was the ties to Texas he felt she still had?? The way I remember, she stated that they made the 24 hour trip to Texas so EP could visit EB. But this tie would not currently be in Tx and I would assume, even if it were, she would not be welcomed! So this has me thinking that trip was confirmed but not for the reason MB stated, MOO.

ETA: after posting seen that @Wiggles beat me to the Texas part!

I know we cant comprehend how these child killers that are mothers can even do this. It blows my mind every time with every case.
They don't seem to mind discarding their babies or little ones however it's convenient for them. No nightmares? .. just throw them out with trash or with their leftover belongings. No they leave the horror of what they did and how they left a precious baby for detectives/le or a random person to stumble upon.
They are the ones that have to live with the vision and nightmares. We all care more.

I agree about raising the bond, I would have thought No Bond Set would have been better, IMO. With that said, did the judge raise the bond bc they had a feeling someone was working to bond her out or was it raised bc of the extra charge added?

Does anyone know if any relatives/friends showed for the hearing this morning? Like has any MSM sites reported on this that I have missed?

And what was the ties to Texas he felt she still had?? The way I remember, she stated that they made the 24 hour trip to Texas so EP could visit EB. But this tie would not currently be in Tx and I would assume, even if it were, she would not be welcomed! So this has me thinking that trip was confirmed but not for the reason MB stated, MOO.

I think I heard the judge say that none of her local family came forward to vouch for her.

The visiting EP in Texas story always confused me because EP is stationed in LA. I guess they could have met up there, but it would have been out of the way for both EP and MB . I dunno. I've never been able to make heads or tails out of the Texas visit, so I probably shouldn't bother to try now.

I watched her closely when the agent described finding Evelyn and although her face was hidden by her hair, she seem to have had no visible reaction at all. No head movement, no body movement, nothing.
The poor agent was having a hard time keeping it together and getting out the words. It stood out to me that he said EB was found wearing the exact clothing. To me, that would imply she wasn’t drowned during a bath, IMO. I wonder if they will release a COD before the next court date?

ETA more to my thoughts.

Here's What Evelyn Mae Boswell's Mom Told Police Before Toddler's Body Was Likely Found
[...]

1. She Claimed Mom Took the Child, Told Her ‘She’s Safe’

[...]

“Well, I called her and she was just like, ‘Oh, she’s safe,’ like, you know, that kinda thing,” she told the station.

In response to the allegation by authorities that she had given them conflicting statements, Maggie told the station, “I was trying to protect my mom, maybe in hopes, ‘Oh well, she just tell them were Evelyn was,’ but obviously she’s not going to.”

2. She Later Claimed Mom Kidnapped Child — and Made Threats
[...]

“I told [the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation] where to find her in Mendota,” she told the station. “My mom took her to a campground in a silver camper. If they don’t go tonight, I’m going to go find her myself, because I’ve told them and they’re not really, like, taking it seriously.”

“My mom did threaten me, like, you know, if I told anybody,” Maggie claimed. “I’m not gonna get into that, but she did.”

[...]

3. She Claimed She Couldn’t Take a Polygraph Because She’s Pregnant — But Authorities Dispute Claim
On February 25, Maggie told WCYB News 5, that she was planning to take a polygraph exam related to her daughter’s disappearance, but then claimed that it goes against law enforcement’s policy to give the test to pregnant women.

When asked for clarification, Maggie again asserted she was pregnant.

But on the same day as she made those claims, police indirectly disputed that she was pregnant. ...

[...]

IMO
My thoughts of the scenario: TBs pressures MB to do something for herself and Evelyn- like go to college and he will get her a car to drive back and forth and support her (by staying in the trailer for free?). Car is given, MB moves into trailer, enrolls in school. Then it unravels- MB drops out of school, TBs cuts her off and makes her pay rent on the trailer and make car payments. She has to get a job (chicken shack) and realizes how much it costs to live and tries to sell car/gets a loan on car. Doesn’t pay rent or car payments so she’s kicked out and car is eventually repo’d....my questions would be did she meet HW then drop out then start working for him, or did she drop out, get job and meet HW there? Also, her dad kicks out her and Evelyn to teach MB a lesson but trusts she’ll take care of Evelyn?
JMOO
I have no idea which came first, but I read the Chicken Shack opened on 12/6, which is right around the time the college fall semester would be ending.

I think I heard the judge say that none of her local family came forward to vouch for her.

The visiting EP in Texas story always confused me because EP is stationed in LA. I guess they could have met up there, but it would have been out of the way for both EP and MB . I dunno. I've never been able to make heads or tails out of the Texas visit, so I probably shouldn't bother to try now.

Some of his military training may have been in Texas like MOS school
(Military Occupational School)

Could EP have family there? Or is he from TN?

speaks to remorse or attachment also depends if the death is ruled accidental or a homicide

I think it's very unlikely Evelyn's death will be ruled accidental. In the unlikely event there are no injuries on her body, and no signs of underlying disease, they will leave it open to 'undetermined' or 'pending further investigation' - since she wasn't reported missing for 2 months.

If there are injuries, toxicity, signs of suffocation, foul play would be the presumption. IMO

I have no idea which came first, but I read the Chicken Shack opened on 12/6, which is right around the time the college fall semester would be ending.

I checked Google and if you read through some of the reviews that were made prior to Evelyn "going missing" it does seem to be a relatively new business. One reviewer mentioned anxiously awaiting its opening, enjoying the food etc, etc and that review was made just two months ago.

hunter t's chicken shack - بحث Google

Here is my rundown of the hearing. Link to the hearing video: Judge increases Megan Boswell’s bond to $150,000

First the Judge goes over MB's assets to declare her indigent and appoint her attorney. She confirmed she has no job, no property, and receives no government assistance. She had a car but does not currently own it. Since she does not have assets or income to reasonably pay for an attorney, her attorney is appointed. Everyone is here on a motion by the state to increase MB's bond. Anticipating his appointment, her attorney Brad Sproles (BS) prepared his response so they could go ahead and hear the bond increase motion.

Judge notes MB is here on a false reporting charge. The state confirms a public indictment has not been issued for the charge yet. Judge also confirms MB is being held in contempt from the juvenile court (Juvenile Court is confidential so we likely will not hear more about this until later).

TBI special agent Brian Fraley testified in support of the state's motion to increase bond. Confirmed that he interviewed MB on multiple occasions. He concluded several false statements were made. He said those false statements led to significant resources and man hours wasted and time lost in trying to find the missing child.

BF states on March 6 there was a search conducted at the house of MB's relatives: brother, father, and grandmother. TBI found the body found of a 1 year old child dressed in the clothing described by the defendant, who they believe to be Evelyn. Also found clothing, toys, diapers, and other things that would belong to a 1 year old child.

BF states MB made trips out of town, including to Texas in October 2019, and she has connections to NC, VA, and TX. Defense points out that most of MB's contacts are within the state.

Lots of sidebar conversations that I wish we could hear.

Judge: Mr. Fraley, during your investigation did MB make any inculpatory statements regarding the death of Evelyn Boswell?
BF: Inculpatory? Yes

[I have had a few messages about this exchange. I hear both the Judge and BF say "inculpatory." Inculpatory statements are statements that tend to prove the guilt of the defendant. Exculpatory statements are statements that tend to disprove the guilt of the defendant.]

Judge: Court is aware that MB does not have criminal history or a history of failing to appear, however, she does have ties to Virginia and Texas and she's gone to those two states recently. The Court is also concerned that during the course of the investigation, MB has made inculpatory statements regarding the death of her child. Thus, weighing the positive and negative factors I must consider for bond... background and mental state of the defendant, I think that's going to be a negative considering the statements she made implicating herself in her child's death.

Judge: Reading the affidavit, the probability for conviction on the false statements is really high. No one has testified here today, no members of the community, who would vouch for her. Weighing all of these factors, the court thinks the bond should be increased to $150,000.

Court: When is this case going to the grand jury?
DA: We think April. Next grand jury is next week but we don't think we'll be ready. I think we will be ready to present the case and some other related false reports in April. We intend to submit them in April.

---

My notes: the bolded lines are exact quotes and stood out to me. The DA said they will be bringing additional charges for false reporting - I wonder, against MB? Or against others?

Could EP have family there? Or is he from TN?

He's from TN . His mother currently lives out of state, but not in Texas. Not aware of any family ties to Texas. There might be some, but I'm not aware of that. I think Chopper might be on the money with her suggestion that it's possible EP might have done some military training in Texas. But then, I really don't understand why either attorney, or the judge , would have placed so much emphasis on the idea she might flee to Texas if that was just a one off meeting place.

( I'm not even sure this post makes sense. Like I said, the whole Texas Trip story is a mystery to me. )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member