Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Bobbywoo, Feb 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meredith28

Meredith28 Well-Known Member

2. steeltowngirl

steeltowngirl Well-Known Member

ctmom, ChiCubs2016, Flicka1 and 14 others like this.
  3. Wishbone

Wishbone Well-Known Member

Yes, now that Evelyn is officially deceased the families can work together and make plans.....

4. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation on Twitter (Video)
    WATCH: We have a sad update to pass along in our ongoing search for answers in the death of 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell. Remains found on Friday evening have been confirmed to be those of the little girl.

Thank you for your continued support in this difficult case.
    5:17 PM - 11 Mar 2020

5. steeltowngirl

They must have a reason to think there’s a risk; we just don’t know the details.

Court documents also read, “The State would aver that the defendant poses a substantial risk of harm to the community if she is released into the community.”

Megan Boswell's attorney fights motion to raise bond

6. NCTeacher

NCTeacher Well-Known Member

You can't be serious.

Babbakins, cutter99, Bogyo13 and 36 others like this.
  7. ChopperRN

ChopperRN Well-Known Member

*modsnip*
    I wish everyone well. RIP Baby Evelyn. I pray that she will get the justice she deserves

edit to add: My feelings will always be that I don’t trust anyone in this entire family and I hope and pray that they do right by baby Evelyn in terms of justice for what happened to her precious life. It’s heartbreaking I’m so many levels. She was let down by every single one of her family members on both side IMO!

Statement Boswell Family

Tommy Boswell Sr's family says they are grieving over Baby Evelyn

They released the following statement to News 5:

"The immediate Boswell family of Evelyn are in anguish and grief over the loss. Its been a rough and trying time for everyone. At this time they do not want to speak publicly in regards to the tragedy. They are still trying to process what has happened. They ask for the media and public to respect their wishes. They need more time to grieve privately.
    The show of love and support has not gone unnoticed. The family appreciates the prayers memorials and love that been shown for Evelyn. In such a dark time, it shows there are loving people out there, and all we want is Justice for Evelyn, and whoever is responsible to pay for the crime.
    We would also like to say that there have not been any fundraisers or donations approved by the Boswell family.
    The Boswell family would like to reach out to Ethan Perry and his family for all arrangements for sweet Evelyn. There has been lots of hate, threats and lies thrown at members of the family not involved in the disappearance of Evelyn and the family would like to keep the ceremony for family and close friends due to that.
    We ask everyone to show respect for those who are grieving and experiencing a heartbreaking loss right now.
    We'd also like to send out a special thank you to the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office, the TBI, and FBI for the endless hours and work being put in to bringing Evelyn the Justice she deserves."

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2020
    TDW59, Bogyo13, nyvictoria and 37 others like this.
  8. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

Aside from the 2 children already spoken of who might be negatively by MB being released... I think it would be fair to say that LE would not be able to ensure MB's safety. I don't read SM but, from what I've heard, MB is a very hated person in some circles and hated long distance, as well. She is probably a lot safer right where she is.

9. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

She has nothing else but time to work on her case with her attorney. She has no other place she needs to be. There will likely be charges added very soon, and she may not be eligible for bail at all. Imo

10. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

ChiCubs2016, Flicka1, cass523 and 5 others like this.
  11. hdo82

hdo82 Well-Known Member

Okay, so we all knew but why did this hurt so much to hear :(

12. hdo82

hdo82 Well-Known Member

I love how the Sheriff said certain and swift justice... it really makes me hopeful.

13. PingTheRouter

PingTheRouter Ghetto Superstar

there should be grand jury hearing soon, we may find out some details from that which should present charges i think

then she is due back in court in around 6 weeks but i think you are right with all the sealing of records going on its going to be slim news for awhile from now

at least we got confirmation we all knew was true that it was Evelyn found on the property

also with the new information today, meaning the confirmation this thread will move if it hasn't already to the located section and no longer in the missing section whenever a mod gets to it ( it already moved)

14. steeltowngirl

Good point. She is safer, and also her release (unless she becomes cleared) could cause an uproar in the community - whereby someone else could end up getting hurt in the chaos.

15. pepper 34

pepper 34 Well-Known Member

I was looking for a link to add to my comment about why I thought MB should remain in jail. When I read this before, days ago, I had to wonder if MB poses a substantial risk to the community due to some behavior in her past... or, if it was something she said during her interviews with LE. I suspect the latter. This is also a reason why I'm not worried about MB taking her own life in despair. I think she's much more likely to lash out at others. Somehow and some way; in her mind, everyone else is always to blame for everything that goes wrong in her life, imo.

Thanks for posting this link, steeltowngirl :)

16. SCBaseballMom

SCBaseballMom Well-Known Member

RIP, Sweet Evelyn. The confirmation brought tears to my eyes again. I already knew what the results would be in my mind, but my heart is still saddened by the confirmation.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  17. Amster

Amster Well-Known Member

I believe anyone who wants to could pay for the perps bail. Just saying....

18. Axelsgm

Axelsgm Member

The Boswell family would like to reach out to Ethan Perry and his family for all arrangements for sweet Evelyn. There has been lots of hate, threats and lies thrown at members of the family not involved in the disappearance of Evelyn and the family would like to keep the ceremony for family and close friends due to that.
    We ask everyone to show respect for those who are grieving and experiencing a heartbreaking loss right now.
    We'd also like to send out a special thank you to the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office, the TBI, and FBI for the endless hours and work being put in to bringing Evelyn the Justice she deserves."

19. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Anslee Daniel WJHL on Twitter
    The memorial for Evelyn Boswell is growing by the minute here on Muddy Creek Road after authorities positively identified the remains found Friday night as those of the 15-month-old.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    7:49 PM - 11 Mar 2020

20. Litig8r

Litig8r Well-Known Member

She’s been declared a “great danger to the community”. Don’t quote me on that, but it was something along those lines. I’ll edit to add when I find a source.

ETA: “Court documents also read, “The State would aver that the defendant poses a substantial risk of harm to the community if she is released into the community.”

Megan Boswell's attorney fights motion to raise bond

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.