Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the
Judge seals autopsy records of remains thought to be Evelyn Boswell
:
Staubus' office moved Monday to seal all records from the autopsy. Sullivan County Criminal Court Judge Jim Goodwin agreed and signed a court order that was filed in the case against Evelyn's mother, 18-year-old Megan "Maggie" Boswell, and sent to the forensic center.

The move will make secret information about the identity and cause of death of the body until authorities decide to release it to the public. Autopsy reports are normally public records in Tennessee.

Is this to make sure the court records and forensic center of autopsy are not released?

I really just want to know if this was accidental or not. That definitely creates different rabbit holes on what happened. Part of me also doesn’t want to know, in case she suffered. Sigh. Just her little body being left in such a careless manner disturbs the life out of me.

From the
:
Staubus' office moved Monday to seal all records from the autopsy. Sullivan County Criminal Court Judge Jim Goodwin agreed and signed a court order that was filed in the case against Evelyn's mother, 18-year-old Megan "Maggie" Boswell, and sent to the forensic center.

The move will make secret information about the identity and cause of death of the body until authorities decide to release it to the public. Autopsy reports are normally public records in Tennessee.

Is this to make sure the court records and forensic center of autopsy are not released?
Edited for answer: yes, I would assume this ruling will keep things unreleased. MOO

Last edited:
UGHHHHHH.

[...]

An autopsy was performed at the William L. Jenkins Forensic Center in Johnson City. Authorities have not announced what the autopsy found.

I thought it was necessary because of the publicity the case has engendered, and because it's still under investigation," Staubus told Knox News on Wednesday. "I thought it would maintain the integrity of the investigation.

[...]

I assumed as much. More waiting for us! More than anything else I would love to hear a report of a confession!

Whew, there's a lot of information to unpack today.

While reading Kadoober's transcript of interview #3, I noticed something curious. MB describes the outfit she last saw Evelyn in, but goes on to say that AB had her, along with other changes of clothes, which she couldn't describe. The only outfit she could describe in detail was the very one Evelyn was found wearing.

Attachments

• Transcript.PNG
    Transcript.PNG
    18.1 KB · Views: 38
Oh, mother of pearl!

This is just wrong. They won't even confirm it's baby Evelyn

Staubus on Wednesday declined to comment about any conversations he has had with forensic center officials, and said he has not decided whether his office will seek to file additional court records under seal in the case.

Maybe they are waiting until they go to that grand jury that was also mentioned Monday morning in court!
Yes, they also may have more questions for MB now that they have the results. She may have some explaining to do. I don't know if her lawyer will allow her to say much, though.

They also might be waiting until they can investigate further and they have enough to charge her with something else. Or to talk to others who may be involved, too.

Imo

UGHHHHHH.

[...]

An autopsy was performed at the William L. Jenkins Forensic Center in Johnson City. Authorities have not announced what the autopsy found.

I thought it was necessary because of the publicity the case has engendered, and because it's still under investigation," Staubus told Knox News on Wednesday. "I thought it would maintain the integrity of the investigation.

[...]

I think it’s because they are going to a grand jury. The grand jurors will be presented the facts by the state and asked to come up with the charges they believe the state can prove at trial. They likely don’t want the jurors to hear weeks of speculation before they’re empaneled in April.

Whew, there's a lot of information to unpack today.

While reading Kadoober's transcript of interview #3, I noticed something curious. MB describes the outfit she last saw Evelyn in, but goes on to say that AB had her, along with other changes of clothes, which she couldn't describe. The only outfit she could describe in detail was the very one Evelyn was found wearing.
Yes, that's why it appears to connect MB directly with the crime. She was the last person to see her before she "disappeared." So whatever happened must have been on that day. Imo

I really just want to know if this was accidental or not. That definitely creates different rabbit holes on what happened. Part of me also doesn’t want to know, in case she suffered. Sigh. Just her little body being left in such a careless manner disturbs the life out of me.
I would be fine never knowing since I have become so attached as long as the person responsible pays

Can the Judge not make ruling to only release confirmation of identity of remains being Evelyn Boswell or not being Evelyn Boswell?

No he sealed the record. But the TBI agent testified it was believed to be EB and they deactivated the Amber Alert so unless they make an announcement that they are continuing to look for EB, I think it’s safe to assume they found her even without confirmation.

Yes, they also may have more questions for MB now that they have the results. She may have some explaining to do. I don't know if her lawyer will allow her to say much, though.

They also might be waiting until they can investigate further and they have enough to charge her with something else. Or to talk to others who may be involved, too.

Imo

I see your point, but not even confirming it's Evelyn is unheard of. I'm disgusted with these judges and LE keeping everything hidden from the very people that pay their salary. When I followed the CA case everything was released and had no effect on the outcome of the investigation or the trial. I guess tptb don't want all this public interest. If I sound PO'd it's because I am. I might as well try and drum up some interest in Taylor Williams case as the information has finally started coming out after waiting too long on that one too.IMO

This is just wrong. They won't even confirm it's baby Evelyn

Staubus on Wednesday declined to comment about any conversations he has had with forensic center officials, and said he has not decided whether his office will seek to file additional court records under seal in the case.
Well, if it protects the integrity of the investigation it's probably the best move. They don't need any more publicity before the Grand Jury hears the case. Imo

It's gotten pretty quiet with the new thread... I hope that we get some good news soon!!!!

In many states a grand jury must meet in order to indict on the most severe top charges like first degree murder. In states where it is required the local jurisdiction DA can only charge on 2nd degree murder or less without a GJ indictment.

Some GJs only meet once a month to hear all cases that will be either true billed or no billed.

However a GJ can be empaneled to hear one particular case.

Imo, the DA is in no rush to bring the most serious charges since she seems unable to make bond iirc.

Plus the autopsy report results may take longer since little Evelyn had been deceased for months when found.

The ME will wait to announce the results, including COD/MOD until after the toxicology results are returned to them.

So I'm not shocked there hasn't been further charges at this point. There are no statute of limitations on murder.

Even if bonded out, which I dont think will happen, LE will surveil her movements. She doesnt have the funds to be on the lam, and her family members aren't going to help her run either, imo.

Jmho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member