TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for that picture, Peliman ~ that illustrates the area better than any pic I've seen.

The fact that neighbors said she would have had to drive over a large rock to even pull over is a problem for me. Obviously she had a jeep that might maneuver over a rock, but why? There were hundreds of places on the mountain where she could safely and privately pull over to use a cell phone or just rest for a minute.

And if she was worried about being followed, that is a strangely exposed place to pull over. I'm really baffled.

Thanks ThoughtFox, I too am a bit baffled about where her jeep was found and at what point did it leave the road for her to get there. Although I've seen four looking/view points I think it would require some type of intentional act to go over the mountain from this location. Of course anything is possible and it's only an opinion, just saying.

Here's a picture of the lookout with the rocks, FYI I think it's possible to drive through the rocks in the middle but one would have to want to do that.

For me it's more questions than answers at this point.

browroad3.jpg

Hopefully the accident investigation will move smoothly and quickly. Thinking about Gail, her children, family and friends today.

Thanks ThoughtFox, I too am a bit baffled about where her jeep was found and at what point did it leave the road for her to get there. Although I've seen four looking/view points I think it would require some type of intentional act to go over the mountain from this location. Of course anything is possible and it's only an opinion, just saying.

Here's a picture of the lookout with the rocks, FYI I think it's possible to drive through the rocks in the middle but one would have to want to do that.

View attachment 19915

I *think* you can pull around the rocks on either side of the pull off (whether heading up, or down the mountain) without driving over the rocks or wall at all.

Also, I think the Jeep is somewhat front heavy. I wonder what the ground surface was like at that location at the time the vehicle went over. Was it possibly unstable due to weather or erosion?

View attachment 19915

That's obviously not your regular pull-off. Why would she drive around the rocks? It only makes sense if she lost control of the car.

In some ways, this is the best case scenario (obviously her being alive somewhere and coming home to her boys is the only "best" scenario, but I mean at least they won't live life NEVER knowing where she is). They will be able to bury her and say goodbye. However, the other part of me is absolutely nauseous that those kids lost their mom to an accident which is what I am feeling like this was. I am imagining her being emotional, potentially crying, probably driving faster than usual, maybe looking at her phone...
Just really tragic all around.

I will revise my opinion if information comes out that makes it seem not like an accident.

I *think* you can pull around the rocks on either side of the pull off (whether heading up, or down the mountain) without driving over the rocks or wall at all.

Also, I think the Jeep is somewhat front heavy. I wonder what the ground surface was like at that location at the time the vehicle went over. Was it possibly unstable due to weather or erosion?

Hi Oriah,

I'm unsure about ground and weather conditions at the time but I will go out on a limb and say there's ground disturbances where the jeep went over and tumbled on the way down. Maybe even some debris came off the jeep as it crashed down the slope.

I'm also curious about this other car they found near her. Even though unrelated, I'm curious for the story on the mystery car.

My curiosity is UP...

That's obviously not your regular pull-off. Why would she drive around the rocks? It only makes sense if she lost control of the car.

Thing is we don't know yet exactly where her car left the road. I was just pointing out someone could drive between the middle rocks, not that's what happened. It's a very small area just to lose control of the car, it would be a fluke.

Rest in peace Gail! (((((((((((((((hugs to the children and family)))))))))))))))

Here's another aerial view:

16173262_BG5.jpg

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/16173262/remains-found-near-palmgren-jeep

Hi Oriah,

I'm unsure about ground and weather conditions at the time but I will go out on a limb and say there's ground disturbances where the jeep went over and tumbled on the way down. Maybe even some debris came off the jeep as it crashed down the slope.

I'm also curious about this other car they found near her. Even though unrelated, I'm curious for the story on the mystery car.

My curiosity is UP...

So is mine.
Just from looking at the photos they have up now, it looks to me like the Jeep rolled, rather than went end over end- which doesn't seem completely consistant with the point where it may have gone over if it was under any power. But really hard to tell at this point, I guess.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Such a sad time for Gail's family, friends, and children.
As if the holidays weren't going to be hard enough. :(

Rest in peace, Gail. I'm so glad you were found.

What is the big blur on the photo?

View attachment 19915

I don't think the Rubicon would have any trouble clearing those rocks, imo. Why isn't there a wall there beyond the pull over sight?

While it was reported GP had left previously to gather herself after an arguement....it seems this time was different, imo,---- just in the mere fact there had been so many calls to LE and DN's great concern. Reports of her saying she was being followed, etc. Even if it was suicide...with all we know, there had to be something unsurmountable happen within those last 24 hours. She had just been talking to DN.

RIP in Gail...a sister to us all. May her family and the many who loved her be comforted with love and understanding and find peace at this time. May God's loving care keep watch forever over her children.

I wonder if the tornado that went through could have helped move any of the rocks?

@WRCBPalmgren
Gail Palmgren News
3D rendering of topography where #gailpalmgren's remains discovered. Shows how steep terrain is yfrog.com/gz45jwqj

Clickable link to 3d pic: http://yfrog.com/gz45jwqj

I'm looking at almost the same photo of the mountain on google earth, I'm trying to figure out how far down her jeep was found.

The picture ThoughtFox just posted shows the white stone of the cliff side and the jeep laying near the bottom against a tree. It probably wasn't visable from above or below at the time it went missing.

I think their going to have to air-lift it from it's location but they may need to clear some trees before attempting that.

So it's probably a little over 1/3 the way down the cliff side, closer to E. Brow Rd.

JMO

Rest in peace, Gail. I'm so glad you were found.

What is the big blur on the photo?

That is probably remains... 100 yards away from the Jeep? Reminds me of other cases the body has been blurred.
I would have just cropped the blur, whatever it is... out of the picture personally. But that's me.

So is mine.
Just from looking at the photos they have up now, it looks to me like the Jeep rolled, rather than went end over end- which doesn't seem completely consistant with the point where it may have gone over if it was under any power. But really hard to tell at this point, I guess.

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Such a sad time for Gail's family, friends, and children.
As if the holidays weren't going to be hard enough. :(

Maybe this is as simple as she swerved because something ran out in front of her.
Then rolled, just like anyone else when they roll their vehicle.
When my cousin rolled her car, she was thrown at least 100 yards.

Probably not prudent, but I skipped by a lotta posts...

I DO NOT think that Gail committed suicide. *IF* she did (but I don't think she did), she has my prayers and blessings...and I do believe that it is possible for someone to drive someone else to suicide.

Just read this before posting...of course...no matter what happened, or who did what, Gail has my prayers and blessings...I identify with her in many ways....

At least we know where she is/was. Now my wish is for a thorough investigation and I hope she gets it.

:rose:

Probably not prudent, but I skipped by a lotta posts...

I DO NOT think that Gail committed suicide. *IF* she did (but I don't think she did), she has my prayers and blessings...and I do believe that it is possible for someone to drive someone else to suicide.

Just read this before posting...of course...no matter what happened, or who did what, Gail has my prayers and blessings...I identify with her in many ways....

At least we know where she is/was. Now my wish is for a thorough investigation and I hope she gets it.

:rose:

BBM.. I do not believe Gail died by suicide either, however I have stated in previous threads I thought IF she was ever found and was found deceased the incident would look like it was a possible suicide..JMHO.

R.I.P. Gail..
My prayers are with her children, her siblings and all who knew her and loved her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth