TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locals, referring to the article I just posted, where is the nearest convenience store (or stores if there's more than one) that are closest to Gail's house? If more than one very close by, which store would she have most likely gone to based on most common preference of the locals?

TIA

I re-read the article. If the crash happened about a half hour after she dropped off the children, she would have even had time to drive down the front of the mountain and back up. There's another convenience store right at the foot of the mountain.

The body farm people have been reported to be from both TX & TN, both of which have forensic anthro depts (body farms).

I asked Beth Burger if she could confirm which they're from, as it didn't make sense to me that they'd bring them from TX when they have them right there in Knoxville.

Here's her answer to me:

@abburger Beth Burger
@CaseSignal They are from the University of Tennessee. Five woman team. One doctor. Four grad students. #gailpalmgren
2 minutes ago

I re-read the article. If the crash happened about a half hour after she dropped off the children, she would have even had time to drive down the front of the mountain and back up. There's another convenience store right at the foot of the mountain.

IIRC According to Susie B, Gail left her Ridgerock residence around 12:15 pm on the afternoon of April 30th.. IMHO Hardly enough time for her to drive down the mountain and back up again IF her jeep went over the mountain at 12:25 pm according to MP's attorneys...JMHO

IIRC According to Susie B, Gail left her Ridgerock residence around 12:15 pm on the afternoon of April 30th.. IMHO Hardly enough time for her to drive down the mountain and back up again IF her jeep went over the mountain at 12:25 pm according to MP's attorneys...JMHO

I am starting to believe the key to all of this is "around" 12:15PM. Personally, I think MP's atty has a pretty good handle on the timeline.

I'm not a car expert but I thought the black box was supposed to send that information directly to someone as it happened - isn't that right?

What kind of techno-failure is this turning out to be? Ping Fail ~ and now Black Box Fail? :banghead: Do they think the public are stupid and won't understand the implications of these announcements?

Not to mention Road Failure since there's no guard rail on that part of the mountain. :maddening: On the other hand I can't recall anyone ever going over there before - except for the mystery car they found nearby.

I'm trying to figure out how the Jeep got up enough speed to go over while pushing a large boulder down the mountain.

My husband just gave me a theory ~ her brakes failed. :twocents: Possibly.

I agree with you (your husband) that it is possible that the brakes failed. I do not know the road, but speculate that, once her brakes failed, she tried to stop (and miscalculated) by turning into the rock rather than continuing down the hill while gaining more and more speed.

Years ago, a dear friend of my mother was found dead in her bed -- it turned out she was chloroformed to death. The woman's husband and his girlfriend were later convicted of conspiring to kill her but there was not enough evidence to get them for actually killing her (although the authorities believed that one of the two did kill her). This was way before DNA evidence and the amazing CSI tools available now.

She had told my mother a couple of things that my mother had subsequently reported to the detectives after the woman's death:

-- One morning the woman woke up with a headache and a huge lump on her head and could not figure out what had happened.
-- One time the brakes in her car failed. When she took it to the shop, the mechanics were puzzled as it looked like something was done to them.

Who knows what was happening with Gail prior to her death. I wonder if any of her friends reported anything that they heard from Gail re: strange stuff that happened to her that they thought was suspicious. JUST MY OPINION

Got them:

@abburger
Beth Burger
Sheriff Hammond said remains are being removed right now. Will be transported back to Knoxville for reconstruction. #GailPalmgren
10 minutes ago v

@abburger
Beth Burger
Could be mid week before DNA and dental records are used to confirm it is #GailPalmgren
10 minutes ago

@abburger
Beth Burger
Sheriff is still awaiting word from Army on Jeep removal. Should know by midday. #GailPalmgren
6 minutes ago

I'm kind of confused (again.)

Who is it that climbed up from the W road to identify the Jeep initially? The sheriffs office?
Did the UT forensic anthropology team arrive after that? Where does CUE come in? TIA if anyone can lay this out for me.

Forgive me if this has been discussed (I'm late to this case), but does anyone know or have an idea why Gail would have been up on that road? Did she know someone who lives up there?

@meganboatwright Megan Boatwright
About 30 mins ago crews started using crane to move people/equipment on and off mountain. #GailPalmgren
40 seconds ago

Megan Boatwright
@meganboatwright Chattanooga, TN
Megan Boatwright is a multimedia reporter for Channel 3 Eyewitness News. You can also contact Megan at mboatwright@wrcbtv.com.
http://wrcbtv.com
http://twitter.com/#!/meganboatwright

I am confused as well. Are they giving the time the jeep went off the road based on a ping from the phone?
This sounds like an awful accident, but at the same time I do believe everything has to be looked at. There could be so many scenario's. Again I don't live in that area but cannot believe it took this long to find that jeep down the mountain.

I truly do not believe this was a suicide, way too many other ways to kill yourself and driving yourself off the road would not guarantee your death, even though I know it was a far drop, it still would not guarantee your death.

True. So was there a 10 minute gap or a 30 minute gap (reference to news article)? Big difference in possible scenarios. It does sound like the answers are known though... just not yet known to us. I'm betting a lot more answers will be coming out in the next few days.

I am so saddened by this news. I just saw all of this tonight. RIP in Gail.
I don't know that area at all and can't understand how the jeep was not found before this...did they ever have aerial searches early on when she was first reported missing? Just odd they find the jeep the first day they went up. I get the foliage may have been more dense back in May, but really no sighting of this until now???? The first day they go up??

I am thankful her children will have some closure and know that their mother did not just up and leave them. My heart breaks for those children. So, so sad

There is probably so much prep work that goes into a search and recovery effort like this one. LE may need to requisition equipment not readily available to them and have people standing by for whatever specialized reason. Once they got down there, it seems that they moved fast. I think LE is doing a great job, and now the families and friends will have closure but, yes, so sad.

If this has aready been discussed, sorry, but I wanted to ask before I read back through every page.
Wasn't it reported that MP said he wasn't worried about GP because bank account info such as pin numbers were changed? Did he imply they were changed AFTER she left? Because now that's looking mighty doubtful, unless she managed to change them via cell phone while driving/shopping convenience store. If this is what he said, this needs looked into further. If he said she changed them days before, disregard, I just can't find that info and was hoping someone here could.

I am intrigued by the report that Gail made a stop at the store right before her accident. By all accounts she was in a very agitated state of mind. Seems that a store employee would have come forward with details of her stop by now, as this has been all over the news.
I'd be very interested to know what she purchased, if anything. Does anyone know if she was a smoker? I can't think of many things I would purchase moments before committing suicide.

I am intrigued by the report that Gail made a stop at the store right before her accident. By all accounts she was in a very agitated state of mind. Seems that a store employee would have come forward with details of her stop by now, as this has been all over the news.
I'd be very interested to know what she purchased, if anything. Does anyone know if she was a smoker? I can't think of many things I would purchase moments before committing suicide.

I will be interested to see if the 'ping' that points to the convenience store was backed up by surveillance. And if so, why it wasn't released in the early days of Gail's disappearance.
Was this a wi-fi pickup?

Media on W Rd just briefed. Word is remains and Jeep won't be moved today. UT forensics team on site processing evidence. #GailPalmgren
9 minutes ago

HCSO Spokeswoman Atkinson: Plans for when and how the Jeep will be removed are up in the air. #GailPalmgren
4 minutes ago

@newschannelnine WTVC NewsChannel 9
Crews Back on Scene of Palmgren Discovery ubin.cc/taaJmB
3 minutes ago

Clickable link to article:
http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/crews-1006990-scene-palmgren.html

ETA one more:

Atkinson: there are several options still being considered including using a military helicopter. #jeepremoval #GailPalmgren
1 minute ago

Atkinson: scene is large, they don't want to miss anything. Have to map & photograph everything before remains are moved. #GailPalmgren
3 minutes ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member