TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

Discussion in 'Gail Nowacki Palmgren' started by bessie, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emeralgem

Emeralgem New Member

ThoughtFox.... Again, thank you so very much.

2. hollyblue

hollyblue It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen t

BBM....Can anyone tell me where this is coming from? I had to reboot to be able to view the PDF....all 2 pages of it. ???? Is that what everyone else is seeing? I'm so confused :sigh:

3. mayqueen

mayqueen Member

Holly, I can see 50 pages* (and I read the whole dang thing). Do you have an alternate internet browser on your computer you can try? Sometimes when things don't work for me in Firefox, I try Chrome.

*Correction... when I saved the PDF to my comp it was 99 pages. The PDF reader thingy (technical term) on WRCB's website is weird.

4. mayqueen

mayqueen Member

Weird. Is this something the Jeep did on its own when it realized it was crashing? Does anyone know? My car is 10+ years old without all this fancy stuff.

5. redmeli

redmeli Member

"Concurrent" meaning at the same time or immediately thereafter, indicating at the very least, a witness. IMO.

6. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

Just my two cents-we are talking about a 4000 lb jeep and at most a 400 lb rock. Why do you guys think the Jeep couldnt or wouldnt move it? Especially when the Jeep had forward momentum of perhaps as much as 24 MPH?

7. mayqueen

mayqueen Member

On page 2 it says that drug and alcohol tests were administered, but that the results are "pending". Wouldn't you wait for the results before publishing the report? IF Gail had drugs or alcohol in her system, would they still be detectable 8 months later?

8. redmeli

redmeli Member

Doubtful that any vehicle would be capable of doing this on its own. I think this indicates that she tried to take evasive action to stop the car. It might have worked if the boulder had not been up under the left front wheel. Trying to visualize all this. Seems possible the momentum of the boulder might have actually dragged the vehicle over the edge. Again, IMO.

9. Shelby1

Shelby1 Cancer Sucks

He's absolutely delusional about the reason he got fired.

Anyone else think he smiles at very odd times during this interview????

Reminds me of Scott Peterson.

10. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

I didn't follow this case so I don't know the particulars of the case but, I am wondering if gail knew someone on that road or stopped for some reason and had just began to "drive" again. iirc the speed limit there is 30mph and it would appear to me that she was picking up speed as if she was just taking off "again" and she could have been trying to put her seatbelt on when she veered to the left and then "overcorrected" to the right when she hit the rock and continued on. jmo for now

11. mayqueen

mayqueen Member

Speaking for myself only, I've never been good at physics, and 24 mph seems reeeaaally slow to me, LOL. That's why I'm carefully reading through the report, because I truly want to understand how this happened. :twocents:

12. Emeralgem

Emeralgem New Member

Page 54 from the witness report..

Witness states...
    I cannot be completely sure of the exact date or the time of day (but to the best of my recollection it was on the weekend of April 30-May 1st) last spring when I heard a horrific sound outside my home. I know it was just days before my husband and I left for Roswell GA to visit our grandchildren on May 5-8th. I was in the master bedroom located in the back of my home when I heard a sound like cra...shing of metal, the extended sound of screeching tires, and then a rumbling sound and a loud bang. Concurrent with those sounds I also heard the sound of a car pulling into our drive then backing out and driving away. My husband was asleep and I awakened him, however he hadn’t heard anything. I walked into our living room to look out our front window to see if an accident had occurred in front of our house. This was an extraordinarily loud noise and one we do not usually hear yet everything looked in order and there was nothing to be seen.

13. believe09

while I was on the live chat during the presser, someone brought up an example that helped me-if you rear end someone in traffic at that speed, their car moves. Now, that is 4k lbs against 3 or 4k lbs. So what is a rock that is at most 10% of the weight of the jeep going to do? And on top of that, the Jeep was in motion at a relatively good clip. IIRC the speed limit there is 30mph-is that correct? So she was relatively close to the speed limit when she hit the rock.

She must have been terrified. :(

14. believe09

So someone did hear something-what did they do after they heard this? Did they call LE? Did they go out and check? By check I mean did they go outside and look? Apparently not. :(

15. Shelby1

Shelby1 Cancer Sucks

ThoughtFox, thank you SO much for transcribing. I really appreciate it.

16. mayqueen

mayqueen Member

Gosh, I wish she had made a report the day she heard the ruckus, but hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

The bolded part is curious/troubling if true.

17. Emeralgem

Emeralgem New Member

IMHO.. There would have most definitely been signs on the ground of a rock (boulder) that size being moved......JMHO

18. redmeli

redmeli Member

I am intrigued by the physics of this as well. Seems to me that 1) upon impact with a boulder, the driver would instinctively remove foot from gas peddle, IF that had not been done already, thus the rock might have shifted slightly, but not 23 feet, and the impact would have caused the vehicle to abruptly stop. Or, 2) Even for a 4000 lb vehicle to move a 400 lb rock, the driver would have to be accelerating to get enough momentum to move it 23 feet. According to the report, the car went from drive to neutral to park within micro seconds of going over the bluff, which doesn't indicate acceleration. #3) 24 mph doesn't seem very fast to me, either. If this was truly an accident, it was the freakiest of freak accidents. MOO.

19. mayqueen

mayqueen Member

The homeowner looked through the window facing the road and saw nothing amiss, but did not walk outside according to her statement. She never reported it to LE until her neighbor told her on 12/1 that people were outside her house investigating Gail's disappearance. :(

20. Emeralgem

Emeralgem New Member

She is also claiming her husband was asleep.. Seems that would help her to remember IF it was in the afternoon or at night..JMHO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.