TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
beat you to it

Hmmm. And I looked before I posted the link! Still learning to navigate this enormous site. I think the different format of the links threw me off. Thanks for keeping up with all this!

Addition: I hate to admit it, but I still don't see it.... Does timeline thread include events from as early as June? It's the background entries in the media article that I thought were new information....

I see what you're saying, but maybe it was just a matter of convenience based on which home she was at when she needed someone to hold her items? Susie Button is near the TN home and Arlene Durham is near the AL home. Maybe she had stuff in AL she didn't want to carry all the way back to TN so she gave it to Arlene, or the other way around.

We don't know who the person MacGyver mentioned is, but it could very likely be either SB or AD and not a 3rd person at all. Hopefully we'll hear something about those papers in the media soon.

Per the article/timeline in today's article:

April 30, 2011 - Gail is seen by a neighbor leaving her home in her Jeep Rubicon. Susie Button described Gail Palmgren as being upset in days leading up to that day. She also says Gail asked her to hold her passport and cash in her home. Other neighbors describe being asked to hold onto other personal belongings.

Not just SB or AD. Other neighbors. It's not saying they took whatever was ask of them to hold on to, but apparently...to me... she was asking many people in her neighborhood to hold on to things for her....which I think is odd. Why not just SB? Why scatter things among people in the same neighborhood.? see?

It also bothers me that a delusional woman can keep herself hidden.How can that be?

As for the change of address, I am suspecting the the address change was just a friend or a neighbor, but not anywhere she would actually be. Since she left valuables with friends it seems she was satisfied with sending things to her friends,imo.

Agree on a delusional women keeping herself hidden. That was my point, the hubby keeps throwing out the whole depression and delusional theory and if that is the case then I think she would have been found by now.

As far as changing her address to a friends address..hmm I don't know that does not sit well with me. That would point more to a theory of her leaving her life behind and disappearing. Then at some point the friend could forward mail to here which means friends would know she took off.

Per the article/timeline in today's article:

April 30, 2011 - Gail is seen by a neighbor leaving her home in her Jeep Rubicon. Susie Button described Gail Palmgren as being upset in days leading up to that day. She also says Gail asked her to hold her passport and cash in her home. Other neighbors describe being asked to hold onto other personal belongings.

Not just SB or AD. Other neighbors. It's not saying they took whatever was ask of them to hold on to, but apparently...to me... she was asking many people in her neighborhood to hold on to things for her....which I think is odd. Why not just SB? Why scatter things among people in the same neighborhood.? see?

That really does make you think, why the scattering of personal items.

I have no doubt that Gail was planning on leaving. I don't doubt she was distraught and depressed. her dh was having an affair and she knew about it. She was highly educated and unemployed. Perhaps they were feeling the affects of the economy as many of us are. I also have no doubt that she was actually being followed or tailed.
But she seemed to have her wits about her in terms of preparing to leave.

However I also think her plan changed or went very wrong. What happened or why she has not been heard from is of course the million dollar question.

It is not unreasonable to think her dh had nothing to do with it. I hope he didn't.I have heard many nice things about Matt and I hope being an adulterer is all that he is.

But it is not unreasonable for some to think he may have been involved. His reaction was unreasonable,imo and that it is how doubt came to surround him.
If Matt had been handing out flyers,answering questions,giving LE access to his children and home then it might be unreasonable to consider him.
To me he brought attention to himself. If he is innocent of any serious wrongdoing, which I am personally holding out hope that he is, then I wish he had done things differently and I suspect he does to.

But either which way this woman needs to be found. if she is so distraught that she is hiding, or if she has met with foul play by anyone's hand, she needs to be found.
If Gail's cell phone pinged on her way, up the mountain,
to the residence, on Saturday, April 30, 2011,
then it should have pinged on her way, down the mountain,
when she left at approx. 12:15 pm

if there weren't pings, then either her phone wasn't with her,
or she never reached the first loss-of-signal area.

I discount Gail turning her phone off.

wonder what time Matt last phoned Gail that morning?

Is there a country club on the mountain, and if so, were the family members?

Indicates panic, urgency, fear, desperation--a plan falling apart.

But still, she was thinking on her feet. I think she must be a very smart woman. Not at all delusional.

No, I'm not implying she was delusional. Just that I think it's strange behavior. Did she mention she was distributing these things and to who(m)? to her sister when she spoke to her on 4/30?

Is there a country club on the mountain, and if so, were the family members?

Yep, hope this works ok:

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&q=signal+mountain,+tn&hq=&hnear=Signal+Mountain,+Hamilton,+Tennessee&ll=35.122576,-85.343857&spn=0.050827,0.080338&z=13"]signal mountain, tn - Google Maps[/ame]

No, I'm not implying she was delusional. Just that I think it's strange behavior. Did she mention she was distributing these things and to who(m)? to her sister when she spoke to her on 4/30?

I'm sorry. I didn't think you were implying she was delusional. I was just re-thinking the whole picture, in that this is yet one more detail that goes against the mental instability claims.

I don't know when or how that came out, that she was distributing things.

Based on her pre-planning, such as changing PIN numbers--and also thinking about the analytical brains that would probably be drawn to pharmacy school--I'm betting she placed some things deliberately, perhaps from longer ago, and other things less deliberately in the days leading to her disappearance. Various details seem to indicate the domestic issues were escalating and she may have had to deviate from her plan. Just a theory on my part.

I found this map during the early spring when the trees where not out yet. Their property does go all the way back to Timesville Rd. You can zoom in and extend the map to full view and see how easy it would be to access. I don't see a 8ft wall when "driving" behind their property on Timesville Rd.
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=pvs3yn7wp88r&lvl=18.793399324768&dir=354.553487094182&sty=b&where1=40%20Ridgerock%20Dr%2C%20Signal%20Mountain%2C%20TN%2037377-2100&q=40%20Ridgerock%20Dr.%2C%20Signal%20Mountian%2CTN&form=LMLTCC

The scattering of belongings is kind of odd. Holly has a pretty logical explaination. For the 2 friends 1 in AL and 1 near home. She obviously believed she was being followed. If I were being followed I would not want an obvious trail left to my confidants. I would be trying to keep my trips varied and expainable routine but not too routine. Maybe?

F4Justice: true. Did she ever leave the mountain? Or did she make it back to the mountain?

Her sister may want to keep this on the down-low but .... When did she talk to Gail that morning? While she was at traveling home? At the house? When she left the kids in a panic? What the he77 happened at that house????????

Hmmm. And I looked before I posted the link! Still learning to navigate this enormous site. I think the different format of the links threw me off. Thanks for keeping up with all this!

Addition: I hate to admit it, but I still don't see it.... Does timeline thread include events from as early as June? It's the background entries in the media article that I thought were new information....
Pearl.

in the timeline, trying to stay focused on the pertinent timeframe,
just the few days around the 30th

from the article I did include this:

Gail Palmgren's sister, Diane Nichols, calls Signal Mountain Police
from her home in New York. Nichols reports not hearing from Gail,
and requests a welfare check and files a missing persons report.
An officer drove to the Palmgren's home. No one was home and
there were no signs of foul play. Later that day, Matthew Palmgren
calls 911 to report his wife missing. He tells police his wife dropped
their children off at home alone and had not been seen since.
http://bit.ly/k2o9ha

along with the link, that includes, pre and post information

The scattering of belongings is kind of odd. Holly has a pretty logical explaination. For the 2 friends 1 in AL and 1 near home.

The two friends explanation was mine, I think hollyblue is indicating that it looks like items were scattered all over the neighborhood and that is odd behavior. hollyblue, please correct me if I'm wrong on that!

Her sister may want to keep this on the down-low but .... When did she talk to Gail that morning? While she was at traveling home? At the house? When she left the kids in a panic? What the he77 happened at that house????????

Very good questions. A Fox channel in Chattanooga says she called her sister just before leaving and being seen driving off by SB. The May 16 news article said "Gail Palmgren's whereabouts are a mystery that has only been intensified by her last conversation with her sister Diane, moments before Palmgren was last seen."

Very intriguing wording there. Is that a little journalistic license, or is there some info on that phone conversation that we haven't heard yet?

The two friends explanation was mine, I think hollyblue is indicating that it looks like items were scattered all over the neighborhood and that is odd behavior. hollyblue, please correct me if I'm wrong on that!

Very good questions. A Fox channel in Chattanooga says she called her sister just before leaving and being seen driving off by SB. The May 16 news article said "Gail Palmgren's whereabouts are a mystery that has only been intensified by her last conversation with her sister Diane, moments before Palmgren was last seen."

Very intriguing wording there. Is that a little journalistic license, or is there some info on that phone conversation that we haven't heard yet?

Sorry about the mis quote! Good thinkin and yep it is a little odd but not crazy enough to throw me toooooooo much!

SB's account of the leaving really is what bothers me....

Do you know who called who?

Well, I can see a woman confronting her husband about an affair he was having with someone else and him telling her she is crazy and delusional...
I'm somewhat concerned though If she told her husband she thought someone was following her and the ONLY action he took was to tell her she was delusional or crazy..JMHO

bolded by me.

There must be--and I guess LE is keeping it quiet???

It may be that LE is searching some things and places and keeping it close. Thing is why aren't the locals seeing any searches or LE activity? Why was ADT at the home? Did they have security before or was it just now being installed? Did any of the neighbors have security/surveilliance cameras maybe showing odd cars frequenting the area? Cameras are becoming more frequent for families with children.

It may be that LE is searching some things and places and keeping it close. Thing is why aren't the locals seeing any searches or LE activity? Why was ADT at the home? Did they have security before or was it just now being installed? Did any of the neighbors have security/surveilliance cameras maybe showing odd cars frequenting the area? Cameras are becoming more frequent for families with children.

bolded by me.

Was ADT at their home? Where did this info come from? Thanks!

Columbo

It may be that LE is searching some things and places and keeping it close. Thing is why aren't the locals seeing any searches or LE activity?

I wonder if it's possible that the SMPD and the HCSO are playing hot potato with the case? Whose case is it anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks