TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice that there was a big inconsistency in the story of why they were fighting on April 22, the day that Matt got out of the car and started to walk back home? The police were called.

Arlene Durham claims that the boat had been at the lake for 3 years, and yet Gail told the police that Matt wanted to drive there separately and tow the boat with the Jeep, while she wanted to drive there as a family. HUH???? If the boat was already at the lake, why would Gail say that????

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/12/missing-womans-husband-seeks-custody-children/

Previously a poster surmised that MP was going to tow the boat back to Chattanooga.

And to carry that thought further I’m thinkin to not stay the weekend with the family but to drive back on his own eager perhaps to drop it into the lake in Chattanooga and start receiving guests.

ALL IMO

They could put a tap or trace on his phone. It seems to me tapping or tracing an existing active number that she would be able to call herself from memory is a far more common approach-I have never heard of disconnecting a number at a residence and perhaps establishing the number at another location? :waitasec: Never say never of course....

Maybe I didn't express my thoughts clearly... my only knowledge of tapping or tracing a phone is from TV, so it may not work like I think, but it would seem to me that daily use of a phone would be more work for the police. To basically let the police have that number to track, and Matt get a second number would allow him to get normal daily calls without bogging down the number that Gail would be able to call from memory. Maybe what I am trying to say is that I don't think he disconnected the number and it disappeared into oblivion...I would think that he just got a new number to handle daily calling, and freeing up the number that Gail would call-it would be very very bad to be on the phone discussing some mundane daily event during the only second that Gail had a chance to try a call. JMO

The earlier articles indicate that Gail and Matt agreed to meet at the house, for lack of a better term. She dropped the kids off, clearly, and left. In his affidavit for the separation etc as reported to the media he indicated she left the kids without supervision.

The issue was picked apart because how long were they possibly unsupervised if she and Matt were both heading to the house? Less than an hour surely....Gail's neighbor saw her heading out around 12:15PM. So when did he show up? Anyone know?
To me this is (one of) the 64K question(s). We know Gail dropped off the kids and we know Gail left the house without them on her own steam.
What happened after that is the big unknown because we do not know if Matt came within minutes or hours of the kids being dropped off. If she was trying to leave before he got there,which I think is the case,did they pass on the road? I am of the opinion that she would not have left them there intentionally for hours. She knew what time Matt was coming.

Don't think Matt or Gail said that he wanted to tow the boat from Chattanooga to the lake... maybe being that it was the beginning of spring/summer, he wanted to be able to tow the boat from the lake to somewhere to have it checked out or cleaned, etc. ( I don't have a boat, so don't know exactly what you do with one, but would assume that similar to a lawn mower, snow mobile etc, there would be some yearly/seasonal maintence envolved.)

The article says clearly: " Gail Palmgren told police her husband wanted to take a boat down to the lake house and she wanted them to go to Alabama as a family."

I think the article must have it reversed, though--I think they must have needed to tow the boat back to Tennessee.

Previously a poster surmised that MP was going to tow the boat back to Chattanooga.

And to carry that thought further I’m thinkin to not stay the weekend with the family but to drive back on his own eager perhaps to drop it into the lake in Chattanooga and start receiving guests.

ALL IMO

Thanks, Jade, I must have missed that !

In http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/

“There was talk about that (discussing the alleged affair). She had no proof at that point,” Nichols said. “She did mention she found some things and she was going to further investigate it. She may have found something. She could have gotten concrete proof.”

To have hotel receipts for cash, in Chattanooga (which requires a Credit Card & ID to protect other guests), with his name on them would appear to be suspicious if the marriage was stressed, if MP was not home some nights. But other posters have said it would make sense to stay in a hotel to avoid a fight after work. But if that was the case and MP told GP that, WHY would you use cash, that is what makes no sense. I assume she didn't know and stumbled across the receipts.

GP's mention to her sister she had found some things and was investigating them, could be associated with the security/dvd GP may have been having copied.

I wonder what NG would say if given 5 minutes!

The article says clearly: " Gail Palmgren told police her husband wanted to take a boat down to the lake house and she wanted them to go to Alabama as a family."

I think the article must have it reversed, though--I think they must have needed to tow the boat back to Tennessee.

GP had to tell police something. To tell them because she wanted to go down as a family and not allow him to drive separately because she was concerned he would leave and do whatever he wanted (maybe trying to repair marriage) instead of as a family, sounds more appropriate using a 'tow a boat scenario'?

But, GP also hid the key to the jeep. And "Mathew Palmgren alleges his wife became paranoid recently and would write down license plate numbers to try to identify drivers because she believed people were following her, according to court records. She also accused her husband of breaking into her car because she found a used Band-Aid and the radio station was changed, the court records state." found in http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/12/missing-womans-husband-seeks-custody-children/?news

It seems she didn't want MP to drive her car, period. Does anyone know what MP drives?

"TRAFFIC ADVISORY: a 1 mile section of Highway 127 is closed between the CVS & Shoal Creek Rd on Signal Mountain. This is due to a tree falling off a bluff & hitting some power lines. Drivers going north can take Shoal Creek around. Those going south can take Palisades Dr. to Shoal Creek." ~WTVC-TV NewsChannel 9 News. Power is out on that portion of the mountain.

We had a storm come through yesterday quickly, but hope someone is checking into what made the tree fall when the weather is nice today.

From the "Bring Gail Home Now" facebook page moments ago!

Shelli LaMadrid posted
To Clive and any others that are going on the ATV search this weekend. I am asking that you all postpone it this weekend and just have ATV people on stand by for a search in the near future possibly. I have been given information from Search & Rescue and other sources stating NOT to have any one out around Signal Mountain that is not ...a certified searcher with Search & Rescue. You have not been trained on how to search the area. I was under my impression that law enforcement was not out there taking care of the situation. they are taking care of it. Please respect that and do not go out there yet. Let them finish their investigations with things out there before you go disturbing the area. Thank you.
If you have comments send them to me privately. I am contacting the ATV group to tell them to post pone this as well. Thank you for your respect and co operation on this . shelli

BBM - This sounds encouraging!

I keep seeing questions pop up about the meeting and the 10 min., so I went back to the first thread and looked for the origins of these ideas. Post 58 and 59 of the first thread discuss the meeting. It is not a "supposed" meeting. Matt stated that he PROPOSED a meeting. The word supposed indicates that he claimed they did have a set meeting, but that you or others don't believe his claim. The actual term used in the article is PROPOSED. Proposed indicates that he offered to meet, but he did not state if she agreed to it or not. Paraphrasing the comment- He PROPOSED to meet with her, but when he arrived home she had dropped the kids off and was already gone. No mention of a "supposed" meeting or 10 min. time difference.

Further backtracking shows that the 10 minutes was brought out in a comment after and online newspaper article. I have no idea if it was meant as an exactly timed 10 min. (exp, did SB stand in her window and time it on a stop watch) or if someone just commented that it was about 10 mins (exp. SB or even the kids saying it was maybe 10 minutes or so). There is lots of room for guessing and interpretation there. We don't even know exactly who made the statement.

It seems to me that this is another instance of a statement being repeated and mis-repeated until it becomes considered a fact. If I have missed another article where the meeting is referred to as "supposed", could you please direct me to it.

I can direct you back to any of my posts of which I speak about this "supposed" meeting...clearly the posts are my opinion..

Supposed is the word I chose to use and it is my opinion that it very likely could not have been suggested, proposed, set up, or any other word chosen to be used when speaking of the meeting..

There is no link required when a post is in someone's opinion..(I.e. IMO, MOO, JMO).. Supposed meeting is my opinion which is stated in the posts that speak about and discuss this "supposed" meeting..

Hope that Helps!!

Been considering the new phone number... is it possible that the authorities have taken his phone number in the event that Gail calls or someone calls demanding a ransom, etc-to maybe track such a call. If so, then he would probably still want a cell phone, you know contact with the kids, his family, etc.

To me this seems very logical.

I could see this confused. In the missing child Hailey Dunn, where the mother is a POI, they took her phone. Dear Mother then went on NG and made the announcement for her daughter, if she could hear her, to call 911....since she didn't have her phone any longer.

Although, I do beleive, at this time, that Matt may have had something to do with Gail's disappearance, it was stated as proposed. ATRUEFRIEND, who is stated as knowing the family, has stated that the neighbor said he arrived at the house about 10 mins later; but this was in the comment section of an article and not the article itself.

I can direct you back to any of my posts of which I speak about this "supposed" meeting...clearly the posts are my opinion..

Supposed is the word I chose to use and it is my opinion that it very likely could not have been suggested, proposed, set up, or any other word chosen to be used when speaking of the meeting..

There is no link required when a post is in someone's opinion..(I.e. IMO, MOO, JMO).. Supposed meeting is my opinion which is stated in the posts that speak about and discuss this "supposed" meeting..

Hope that Helps!!

I can see how the "proposed" meeting could also be a supposed meeting. Supposedly he proposed the meeting, and supposedly it was supposed to take place.
I would have to say "supposedly" because we don't know if the meeting ever took place.

This is starting to sound like "Who's On First" so I will stop--I hope it doesn't sound like I am being flippant. But see what I mean, it's all semantics.

P.S. this post was not intended as a criticism of any sleuther. Hopefully it doesn't come across that way.

Shelli LaMadrid posted
To Clive and any others that are going on the ATV search this weekend. I am asking that you all postpone it this weekend and just have ATV people on stand by for a search in the near future possibly. I have been given information from Search & Rescue and other sources stating NOT to have any one out around Signal Mountain that is not ...a certified searcher with Search & Rescue. You have not been trained on how to search the area. I was under my impression that law enforcement was not out there taking care of the situation. they are taking care of it. Please respect that and do not go out there yet. Let them finish their investigations with things out there before you go disturbing the area. Thank you.
If you have comments send them to me privately. I am contacting the ATV group to tell them to post pone this as well. Thank you for your respect and co operation on this . shelli

It does sound like something may be happening--maybe they found something. I sure hope so.

Shelli LaMadrid posted

Just wondering what "taking care of it" and "out there" means..JMHO

I've also wondered if Susie would have seen him, but I recall her saying she had to run up a hill to get to Gail as she was driving off, so it's possible that she might not usually see cars and just happened to see Gail's.

You're right, the only person we have to verify the times is Matt and Susie. He said she came home about noon, Susie said she left at 12:15, and that's it. At first we heard that Diane got a call from Gail just after she arrived back at the Signal Mountain home, but then another article said the last call from Gail was at 6:30 AM, so that's all up in the air, too.

Matt hasn't said anything publicly since the press conference, so I assume he's not going to provide any more info from now on.

I believe Susie lives directly across the street from the Palmgren home. There is only one neighborhood street coming in or out. No other exits or entrances.

Preceding that statement I think in assisting with the ATV efforts for this weekend, they were unaware that LE was involved in any search & rescue effort on the mountain. But seem to now be taking care of that, also.

SM has trained teams of volunteers that do just that, they are awesome. They are a part (or extension) of Walden's Ridge volunteer fire department.

I wondered more of "Let them finish their investigations with things out there before you go disturbing the area" What things out there?"

And what is "the situation" they say is being taken care of ?

The woman who posted that is with a rescue outfit in CA. Hopefully she knows what she's talking about and has good info from her local contacts.
Praying.

Knowing that area, I think they probably don't want a bunch of inexperienced searchers on ATVs going over a 200 foot cliff on a holiday weekend either.

:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members