TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
:twocents:That would be fine with the local volunteers ... IF... local LE or local SAR teams had been dispatched over the past, almost 5 weeks, since Gail went missing (April30,2011). BUT ... there has been NO OFFICIAL SEARCH for Gail at all ... none that any local LE is sharing with ppl in the immediate area ... Local MSM have not heard of any organized "official" searches for Gail since she went missing either ... or believe me ... I think they would run that story in a split second, for all to be made aware of any official search efforts. I don't think that making the public aware of an OFFICIAL search would be "tipping" any1's hand,so to speak...do you? So people who genuinely care about finding Gail have been forced to call on local volunteers to search for Gail themselves ... and btw, I am told that they have been in close contact with local LE, who said they (local LE) have no problem with ppl looking for Gail and forming their own search endeavors. :twocents:

Agree....I don't think and HOPE anyone without outdoor experience would participate. They are looking for a big red jeep, not necessarity GP herself. Trails are not off the beaten path. I would hope that females would double up with a buddy and everyone would have their cell phones with them. I'd be more afraid of getting lost, wildlife and weirdos than the terrain.
Common sense should prevail ...with safety being in the forefront. JMO

ETA: The kid who had to be rescued from a fall was the consequence of prolly using a rotten or not heavy enough rope, not the terrain.

I agree with you for a couple of reason:

1. If MP had nothing to do with Gail's disappearance, wouldn't you want them to look because it is the last place she was see alive?

1. And if you don't allow them to search, aren't you making yourself look bad?

But then, there isn't much MP has done to make himself look good--even with his dropping the suits. Too little, too late, IMHO.

I can't believe Gail Marie has been gone 35 days and it feels like no progress has been made! Gail Marie, where are you???

You make some really good points, MacGyver. MP should be inviting LE into his home to search all they want! And taking a lie detector test.

I'm glad that JBean is giving some encouragement that the case will be solved, and I bet she is right.

:twocents:That would be fine with the local volunteers ... IF... local LE or local SAR teams had been dispatched over the past, almost 5 weeks, since Gail went missing (April30,2011). BUT ... there has been NO OFFICIAL SEARCH for Gail at all ... none that any local LE is sharing with ppl in the immediate area ... Local MSM have not heard of any organized "official" searches for Gail since she went missing either ... or believe me ... I think they would run that story in a split second, for all to be made aware of any official search efforts. I don't think that making the public aware of an OFFICIAL search would be "tipping" any1's hand,so to speak...do you? So people who genuinely care about finding Gail have been forced to call on local volunteers to search for Gail themselves ... and btw, I am told that they have been in close contact with local LE, who said they (local LE) have no problem with ppl looking for Gail and forming their own search endeavors. :twocents:

LE will frequently search areas without drawing attention simply so they do not draw attention and tip anyone off. I would stake my life that there have been searches occuring off of the grid.

LE will frequently search areas without drawing attention simply so they do not draw attention and tip anyone off. I would stake my life that there have been searches occuring off of the grid.

http://www.manta.com/c/mm25byk/signal-mountain-police-deptpt

:twocents:The information I found on the internet about the local SMPD says SMPD "employs a staff of approximately 10 to 19" >>> Does this include cleaning staff, switchboard ppl, desk Sergeant, Police Captain, Regular patrol police officers, and Detective(s)? If all of them are patroling the SM area/streets, and protecting the residents ... that doesn't leave many of them to be investigating Gail's disappearance or any of them to be utilized in SAR efforts for Gail ... does it? :twocents: If SMPD is such a small police department then WHY not bring in the HCSO (Hamilton County Sheriff's Office sooner than they did? If only to assist and investigate this case properly, in the earlier days when Gail went missing??? JMHO :twocents:

:twocents:The information I found on the internet about the local SMPD says SMPD "employs a staff of approximately 10 to 19" >>> Does this include cleaning staff, switchboard ppl, desk Sergeant, Police Captain, Regular patrol police officers, and Detective(s)? If all of them are patroling the SM area/streets, and protecting the residents ... that doesn't leave many of them to be investigating Gail's disappearance or any of them to be utilized in SAR efforts for Gail ... does it? :twocents: If SMPD is such a small police department then WHY not bring in the HCSO (Hamilton County Sheriff's Office sooner than they did? If only to assist and investigate this case properly, in the earlier days when Gail went missing??? JMHO :twocents:

I just checked with a police officer and there are three police officers on each shift (3 shifts a day) on Signal Mountain. The rest must do other duties or that is outdated.

I was under the impression that Gail's family and friends gave them enough heat to get assistance, since we know SMPD do not have the resources to deal with a case like this. As to not bringing them in earlier, I imagine they bought the story that she just went to calm down (like MP told them she does), just her friends confirmed never this long.

Keep the Faith MacGyver. I am willing to bet that progress has been made.

I agree, I would rather hear they are keeping all of this close to their chest than to publicly announce they have exhausted all possible leads and the investigation has gone nowhere.

Does anyone know if MP is back at work? If he's not doing anything to help locate her and the children are being left with family (as I believe confimed by someone close) then why is he getting paid along with another employee??

Local, and Confused.
...One thing I did in an effort to "help" is to take a drive. I drove from Gail's house on Signal (I live 7 minutes away) to the Mountain Creek Road area (where MP's mother lives). That drive took me 13 minutes, not the 25 minutes I've seen other places. Something about the drive out of her subdivision to Mountain Creek Road feels strange to me. Mountain Creek Road is the area where her cell phone last pinged. Does anyone know where "everybody" was during the time the cell phone last pinged?

Thank you for that! I've been wondering why so many times people had mentioned 25 minutes. I think there was some erroneous post early on that said the mother lived in "Hixson" when really she lives at the north foot of the mountain close to Red Bank.

It only takes minutes to drive down the W Road, if that's the way she went. I'm not sure why no one saw her since it was a Saturday, but every now and then the W Road is clear from top to bottom.

I've wondered what the role of the mother-in-law is in all of this, since now we know she knew about the marital problems because Gail spent the night with her after one of the 911 calls. And also, I believe MP said he was with his mother just before coming home that Saturday to find Gail gone. Then the police tell us the cell phone didn't ping near Wal Mart, but at the North Foot, which would logically be the W Road and Mountain Creek. The whole thing is fishy to me. JMOO :cow: :twocents:

I would hope that one reason they called in the help of Hamilton County investigators is because they needed to search around Mountain Creek and Red Bank, or up towards Soddy Daisy. That's where I would look for the red jeep.

This may already be a well known detail that I just missed along the way.. But In reading sleuthy1's post above about the amount of officers available In this area it leads me to ask why is not at the very least TBI involved in Gail's case or even FBI for that matter??

Coupla hours away in Darden, TN Holly Bobo's disappearance has not only got BOTH TBI AND FBI on the case but the state of Tennessee awarded the largest amount available to Holly's reward fund..$50,000.00..

I don't get it?? I really really don't!! Some may say well, Gail's case there's a possibility that she willingly left..or that even if she didn't leave of her own accord then it is domestic.. As in most likely to be the spouse...

Well, with Holly's case.. There's been so many different, contradicting versions of stories to be perfectly honest I don't think they've got a clue if Holly's off getting jolly with someone she chose to be with... AKA willingly left.. And as for being domestic.. I, personally am none convinced in the slightest that her family IS NOT INVOLVED.. and feel that iindeed one of her family possibly are involved...

With that said... Again I will ask.. Why is not TBI involved?? Why is not FBI at some point not involved?? And why is the state of Tennessee not alotting top payout amount of 50 grand toward Gail Palmgren's reward fund??.. Or even why not a much lesser dollar amount like even $10,000 or even $5,000 been requested and received by the state of Tennessee for any tips leading to where Gail Palmgren is???

As I said I may have missed where these questions have already been answered and discussed.. But they certainly are some things that are weighing heavily on my mind..

Jmo, tho!!

Posting via mobile so please excuse errors as there is not the same amount of control as I'd have posting from my laptop! Thanks! :)

Thank you for that! I've been wondering why so many times people had mentioned 25 minutes. I think there was some erroneous post early on that said the mother lived in "Hixson" when really she lives at the north foot of the mountain close to Red Bank.

SNIP

TF,
re: "she lives at the north foot of the mountain close to Red Bank."

do either of these following locations reflect the correct location?

http://bit.ly/kAOioC whitepages.com (25 minutes away)
http://bit.ly/kouRZD (15 minutes away) http://bit.ly/k2o9ha

November 17, 2010 - Signal Mountain Police are called to the Palmgren's home in response to a verbal disorder. Police records show Matthew and Gail Palmgren had an argument over their missing dog. Gail went to spend the night with Matthew's mother at her Mountain Creek apartment.

4 officers per shift

snipped...

This may already be a well known detail that I just missed along the way.. But In reading sleuthy1's post above about the amount of officers available In this area it leads me to ask why is not at the very least TBI involved in Gail's case or even FBI for that matter??

This news article a few weeks ago had Gail's brother confirming the FBI has been contacted, but I haven't heard a thing about the FBI since.

http://www.wkbw.com/home/Day-12-in-...essee-Woman-From-Williamsville-121662839.html

This blog says the press conference on May 17 was announced by the TBI, but I don't have any direct confirmation of that. I thought it was announced by Hamilton County, but I could be mistaken.

http://missingpersonsblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/gail-palmgren-news-conference-today.html

snipped...

:twocents:That would be fine with the local volunteers ... IF... local LE or local SAR teams had been dispatched over the past, almost 5 weeks, since Gail went missing (April30,2011). BUT ... there has been NO OFFICIAL SEARCH for Gail at all ... none that any local LE is sharing with ppl in the immediate area ...

I think the river search on May 24 was official, wasn't it?

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14704919

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/25/divers-check-river-missing-signal-mountain-womans-/

The second article mentions plans to dive in Alabama in Lake Jordan. Does anyone know if that happened?

Also, did the helicopter search ever happen? Reporter Callie Starnes mentioned plans for it, and ThoughtFox transcribed that report for us here:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6536882&postcount=26"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 *Media Links*[/ame]

Note that Gail had been gone 3 weeks by the time there was any search, and the search was clearly just looking for the Jeep. I'd love to know why LE didn't go searching for her immediately, not until it was obviously too late to rescue her.

One last thing on the official searches for Gail. Over Memorial Day weekend, this was on Facebook and mentioned here:

From the "Bring Gail Home Now" facebook page moments ago!

Shelli LaMadrid posted
To Clive and any others that are going on the ATV search this weekend. I am asking that you all postpone it this weekend and just have ATV people on stand by for a search in the near future possibly. I have been given information from Search & Rescue and other sources stating NOT to have any one out around Signal Mountain that is not ...a certified searcher with Search & Rescue. You have not been trained on how to search the area. I was under my impression that law enforcement was not out there taking care of the situation. they are taking care of it. Please respect that and do not go out there yet. Let them finish their investigations with things out there before you go disturbing the area. Thank you.
If you have comments send them to me privately. I am contacting the ATV group to tell them to post pone this as well. Thank you for your respect and co operation on this . shelli

BBM - This sounds encouraging!

I assumed this was an official search, too. Was it? Was there ever anything in the media about it?

One last thing on the official searches for Gail. Over Memorial Day weekend, this was on Facebook and mentioned here:

I assumed this was an official search, too. Was it? Was there ever anything in the media about it?

Nothing that I can remember. The woman who asked them not to search was from Sacramento, CA and apparently belongs to a SAR team. ???
Maybe she got word from LE?

Hope things go well tomorrow.

Thanks hollyblue! I don't have a Facebook account so I can't see much of anything on the page. Do you happen to know if they volunteered or if the family hired them?

Thanks hollyblue! I don't have a Facebook account so I can't see much of anything on the page. Do you happen to know if they volunteered or if the family hired them?

I don't know if she was there....really...just that she asked them not to search because she didn't want them to interfere with LE's investigation. ???

Maybe someone else knows something.. ??

TF,
re: "she lives at the north foot of the mountain close to Red Bank."

do either of these following locations reflect the correct location?

http://bit.ly/kAOioC whitepages.com (25 minutes away)
http://bit.ly/kouRZD (15 minutes away) http://bit.ly/k2o9ha

November 17, 2010 - Signal Mountain Police are called to the Palmgren's home in response to a verbal disorder. Police records show Matthew and Gail Palmgren had an argument over their missing dog. Gail went to spend the night with Matthew's mother at her Mountain Creek apartment.

Yes, I think the 2nd url shows the drive I took from Gail's house to the Mountain Creek Apartment belonging to MP's mother and is where Gail spent the night after one verbal disorder. And taking shortcuts as all locals do, the drive time is more like 12 to 13 minutes -- even quicker when in a rush. For Signal Mountain residents this would be considered a really quick trip.

I was actually referring to after noon on 4/30, we have no idea with whom or where her phone was.

happy409, the post you quoted refers to the date 4/30. She had her phone with her.

After reading some of the posts that follow, I guess I'd better edit this to say, she had it with her up until a certain point in time in the afternoon on 4/30. We know she called her sister around 12:15 --so she had the phone then--but after that, we don't know where her phone was.

I think your statement is completely accurate after about noonish on 4/30.
But we know that it was Gail that had her phone at least up until at least that time. she had it because she spoke to her sister. We know she talked to her sister more than once on 4/30 and I did confirm that with the family on 5-6. That is how we know 2 things for certain.
1. she had her phone at least up until right after dropping off her kids and before going missing.
2. it was indeed her that dropped the kids off at the home on SM.

I have no idea if she retained possesion of her phone or who had it after that point in time.

BBM-thank you for clarifying that. That was my point- perhaps made badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member