TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for not judging...I will tell all of you like I told Jbean the other day, if it is proven that Matt is involved I hope they bury him under the jail, and I will gladly drop the first shovel of dirt on him! (Then whack him with the shovel). BUT I can not believe in my heart that he is capable of such.

Confused, I have thought about this post of yours ever since I read it. I sincerely HOPE it doesn't go down that way and that Matt is shown to be innocent. I hope that for many reasons, not the least of which is the children's need for their father. After all, they've already lost their mother for two months. They need their father, in my opinion, unless he is a horrible dad, which I have no reason to believe. And he would have to be absolutely horrible for it to be better for the children for him to be in jail than with them. IMO.

I have been situations, however, when I trusted someone implicitly and defended them to the nth degree, only to later feel punched in the gut, foolish and with egg on my face. For some people, lying is as natural as breathing, and they are very believeable! Even to the people closest to them.

IF it goes this way for you, I really hope you have a soft place to land somewhere, away from the "I told you so" crowd. Betrayal stings like no other, particularly when you've stuck your neck way out there only to find out you've been "had." And IF it goes that way, it would be because he's so good at being a "con," and not because you are stupid. I say that because I felt really stupid each time I was in that position. In fact, I dare say you are probably as good a friend to Matt as Arlene is being to Gail. The difference is you are bucking the tide big time in order to be loyal to your friend.

I just had to say that this morning.... The position you are now in is a really difficult place to be. I personally need to keep that perspective in mind as I post.

COnfused..I think you answered the question I have of why would Gale just leave her kids..as you stated "if I was the target I would not want my them(kids) within 100 miles of me."

I left an abusive and threatening relationship many years ago, but I took my child with me. I would have never left my child behind. That's the one fact in this case that I have never been able to wrap my mind around. Maybe you have to be a mother to relate. I could never leave my children. Under any circumstances. Never.

Didn't someone on here (in thread 6) say that it was real, and followed up by a phone call from the detective himself? I think I read that. Just thinking it could have been Sleuthy1, not sure, but I think it was.

I read it in the context that would be in the category of rumor based on my understanding of WS rules. It COULD be also in a media article so we could call it fact, but if so, I haven't seen it.

I am just wondering whether SMPD would actually share info with the Clive. I know that he is asking anyone with any info to share it with him, which he in turn shares with LE and media apparently, but of course all the info he receives through his networking could be all speculation.

I am inclined to think that someone as intelligent, resourceful and well moneyed as Gail would have a number of options to fund herself. We don't know how many accounts and types of accounts or credit cards she had. We don't know if she had a spare license or another out of state license. People frequently do. I have at one time or another had a spare or another state license, for no other reason than finding the lost one, or moving and not wanting to ditch the old one.

I don't know that LE would share with the public whether there has been activity on any accounts. I just think there is stuff going on that no one will be privy to until LE makes a move or finds enough to name a person of interest or suspect or what have you.

Good point, lalalu.

The license issue has bugged me for some time. I carry my license in my wallet. I think this is most common for many, unless they've had to take it out to show as ID of something.

Was Gail's entire wallet and/or purse found at the Signal Mnt home? Or just her license? I may have missed this in one of the earlier threads- if so, I apologize.

I left an abusive and threatening relationship many years ago, but I took my child with me. I would have never left my child behind. That's the one fact in this case that I have never been able to wrap my mind around. Maybe you have to be a mother to relate. I could never leave my children. Under any circumstances. Never.

Yes Melodie I understand,I too am a mother and left an abusive relationship when my son was 9mos.old..now he is 28yrs.In fact my son gave me the strength to leave.The way I took (confused)post was maybe Gale thought she was in immediate danger..that being said..I would not want my child around to witness anything that might happen.

Did this aerial search take place? I don't recall seeing anything about an aerial search.

@calliestarnes
Callie Starnes
Today's search wrapped up. Ham. Co. authorities are working to plan an aerial search for Gail Palmgren's Jeep. #misssingmom
24 May

http://twitter.com/#!/calliestarnes/statuses/73058729414766592

Bean, I don't know whether or not the aerial search took place, but I would be thrilled if it did (although aerials are unfortunately hampered by foliage in the region at this time of year- and don't forget the discussion of the April storms as well.)

I imagine it was likely inconclusive, if it occurred. Just my thought, though.

What does this mean? Posted yesterday by the same reporter who took the pics of that Jeep.

newsken Ken Nicholson
Good thing I didn't dismiss the #GailPalmgren flyer when we first received it. #CHAnews
about 19 hours ago

http://twitter.com/#!/newsken/statuses/84355400266285057

I don't know what it means, Bean.

But it bugs me to no end that reporters/media have been so misleading, destructive, vague, and baiting in Gail's case.

IMHO- what does this sort of thing do to help find Gail and/or her vehicle?

Your comment shows exactly what I have been trying to communicate. If Gail was abused by Matt, or terrified of him, why would she leave the kids at the home? She didn't have to do that, but choose to do that of her own accord. She could have left them with AD, taken them to her sisters, or any number of other friends or family, if her only reason was to get away from Matt. No matter what happened or what her intentions were when she got back into the jeep and drove away, she made the decision to drive off without them. To me that says that she felt they were safest there.

For the record, I am a mother- and even though it would be the hardest thing I have ever done, IF I felt that my child's safety depended on my leaving, I would tearfully do so.

If I were in an abusive situation and thought there was even a .01% chance my child would be harmed, they would be missing and the abuser would NEVER find them. Having said that, if I thought I was being followed, if someone was after ME, for whatever reason, I would take my kids somewhere safe and public and leave them there. Get as far from them as possible. I could not live with myself if my child was shot or killed in a car accident because someone was trying to shoot me/run me off the road.

To state it bluntly, if I have a target on my head, I am not going to go stand by my child...shooters can miss.

Yes Melodie I understand,I too am a mother and left an abusive relationship when my son was 9mos.old..now he is 28yrs.In fact my son gave me the strength to leave.The way I took (confused)post was maybe Gale thought she was in immediate danger..that being said..I would not want my child around to witness anything that might happen.

I definitely see the point. I might have left my child in a safe place if there was an acute, immediate threat in order to protect her. I get that. The part I don't get is then the complete disappearance for 2 months. At what point do you start to question the amount of time that has passed with no word or clue of anything? That is the part that, as a mother, I don't understand. Gail is not a scared 19 yr old young woman with few options. She is a very educated and bright woman with, by all accounts, many resources. She has any number of trusted friends and relatives that she could turn to for support. She has her own money and, in fact, is the owner of several places where she could stay. Why choose leaving her children? If it had been a few days or a few weeks even, I could understand. But please, help me understand with this much time passing. Every time I think about it, I keep coming back to square one and the persistent question why would she leave her children for this long? Only one scenario I have heard or thought of myself answers that lingering question. Gail has not returned for her children because she can't. So sad.

I don't know what it means, Bean.

But it bugs me to no end that reporters/media have been so misleading, destructive, vague, and baiting in Gail's case.

IMHO- what does this sort of thing do to help find Gail and/or her vehicle?

It bugs me in every case, Oriah. Journalism just ain't what it used to be.

I tweeted him and asked what he meant. I don't see any messages to him that he might have been responding to. I just can't figure it out.

I'll let ya know if I hear back.

Good point, lalalu.

The license issue has bugged me for some time. I carry my license in my wallet. I think this is most common for many, unless they've had to take it out to show as ID of something.

Was Gail's entire wallet and/or purse found at the Signal Mnt home? Or just her license? I may have missed this in one of the earlier threads- if so, I apologize.

A few years ago I moved to Chatanooga,TN from Alabama. When I applied for my TN driver's license, I had to surrender my AL license in order to receive my new one from the state of TN. A couple of years later I returned to Alabama, and had to surrender my TN license in order to regain my Alabama license. I don't think Gail could have 2 driver's license from two different states....they confiscate the one from your former state before you can get a new one in your current state. They've done that for many years.

I definitely see the point. I might have left my child in a safe place if there was an acute, immediate threat in order to protect her. I get that. The part I don't get is then the complete disappearance for 2 months. At what point do you start to question the amount of time that has passed with no word or clue of anything? That is the part that, as a mother, I don't understand. Gail is not a scared 19 yr old young woman with few options. She is a very educated and bright woman with, by all accounts, many resources. She has any number of trusted friends and relatives that she could turn to for support. She has her own money and, in fact, is the owner of several places where she could stay. Why choose leaving her children? If it had been a few days or a few weeks even, I could understand. But please, help me understand with this much time passing. Every time I think about it, I keep coming back to square one and the persistent question why would she leave her children for this long? Only one scenario I have heard or thought of myself answers that lingering question. Gail has not returned for her children because she can't. So sad.

BBM That seems to be the million dollar question. Several reasons pop to mind, some ok, some not ok. First, it could be that IF she was having mental issues, she is still having them or they have gotten worse. That would lead her to stay away. Or, maybe it is true that she was being followed (there are strange people out there who stalk for no known reason) and she is still seeing this person or they did in fact get to her. Or, she could have finally had more than she could take and killed herself. Or, as she was leaving/going whereever she was going, she did have an accident. Numerous other reasons could apply, but without further info and facts, we just don't know.

I agree it is a long time, but if she is still alive and still dealing with something, I am sure she has a good reason for being gone. And of course if things have gone terribly wrong for whatever reason, then she can't come back. Prayers that her reasons will become known with her safe return!

reminder to anyone that wants to post as a friend or an insider. In order to post that way, you must be verified first or we have to remove any posts that reference a relationship or insider info.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this possibility yet, but what if someone phoned Gail that Matt had been in an accident, and thus lured her back home and to the base of Signal Mountain (where her cell phone last pinged)? It would kind of explain why she would drop the kids off at the house --she knew Matt wasn't there so that wouldn't have been an issue. It might explain why she was so distracted as she rushed off in the Jeep after dropping the children off at home.

A few years ago I moved to Chatanooga,TN from Alabama. When I applied for my TN driver's license, I had to surrender my AL license in order to receive my new one from the state of TN. A couple of years later I returned to Alabama, and had to surrender my TN license in order to regain my Alabama license. I don't think Gail could have 2 driver's license from two different states....they confiscate the one from your former state before you can get a new one in your current state. They've done that for many years.

I actually had one from each state here as I wasn't sure where the old one was. I didn't apply for the TN one until it was missing and then later when it was found I wanted to keep it as a souvenir.

Not trying to be argumentative - just that there are always exceptions.

My real point was that just because a drivers license was found, it wasn't solidly indicative of any particular scenario.

Plus, (I am told) you can drive without your license as long as you can recite the number. I haven't wanted to test this statement though...

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this possibility yet, but what if someone phoned Gail that Matt had been in an accident, and thus lured her back home and to the base of Signal Mountain (where her cell phone last pinged)? It would kind of explain why she would drop the kids off at the house --she knew Matt wasn't there so that wouldn't have been an issue. It might explain why she was so distracted as she rushed off in the Jeep after dropping the children off at home.

I have been convinced since this story first broke that she must have received a call or text at some point, either while she was driving to SM from AL or soon after she arrived. Her phone records would be very important, I would think, in explaining where she was going or if she was meeting someone. It would definitely explain the sense of urgency in her departure.

Well, I am taking a pleasure drive down 64 W from Chatty here before too long. It runs along the south bank of the TN river. I am a recent empty nester, (the first of my friends) and I guess I just don't have enough to do!

Probably turn around somewhere round a bout Kimball and I will be looking for anything "noteworthy" during my little trip.

Well, I am taking a pleasure drive down 64 W from Chatty here before too long. It runs along the south bank of the TN river. I am a recent empty nester, (the first of my friends) and I guess I just don't have enough to do!

Probably turn around somewhere round a bout Kimball and I will be looking for anything "noteworthy" during my little trip.

lalalu, I have been thinking of doing the same thing as I am in the area, but don't know where to start or what I'm looking for. I have thought of taking the route she would have taken down the mountain. I know this has been done before by others, but you never know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo