TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
hollyblue, I just heard that news today, still wondering IF any trained SAR's could help with the search planned for that weekend..I also read there will be no media coverage..
I'm really down..Seems no one is coming forward to help solve this case... Someone knows something.. Right now, I'm just sick of husbands vanishing their wives and still being allowed to continue on with their lives...
And on top of that I'm really upset over people in our area not doing more to help search for Gail too..
As you can tell I'm not in a good mood about any of this.. I pray Gail is found and justice is served on the person/s responsible for her disappearance, not to mention the pain inflicted on her children.... JMHO

I agree. I'm hoping that it's just quiet because that's how the FBI rolls, but that they're getting to the bottom of this....but that was my hope before, and it didn't really pan out.

All I know is that there is no statute of limitations on murder. So if that is what happened to Gail, whoever did that will have to look over their shoulder for the rest of their lives. That, at least, gives me a little satisfaction.

Tomorrow, some young couple may go geocaching on a date and find a license plate in some dense brush that says Eazy Street. And it might have fingerprints on it.

Two years from now, someone might be sitting on a barstool listening to some drunk talk about his buddy who was involved in a crime (more than one case has been solved that way.)

Ten years from now, some cold case detective may call on Gail's kids - and MP won't have any legal say about it.

hollyblue, I just heard that news today, still wondering IF any trained SAR's could help with the search planned for that weekend..I also read there will be no media coverage..
I'm really down..Seems no one is coming forward to help solve this case... Someone knows something.. Right now, I'm just sick of husbands vanishing their wives and still being allowed to continue on with their lives...
And on top of that I'm really upset over people in our area not doing more to help search for Gail too..
As you can tell I'm not in a good mood about any of this.. I pray Gail is found and justice is served on the person/s responsible for her disappearance, not to mention the pain inflicted on her children.... JMHO

I agree, and I'm not in a good mood about this either. It seems several of us are in the same place -- possibly because three months have passed. Today at the Signal Mountain CVS I noticed several mothers shopping with their children. They appeared to have just come from the swimming pool. Their hair was wet and they were happy and exhausted, begging for candy and being told "you've already had enough candy for today" -- just as all lucky, happy families all are doing now, before school begins next week.

And even though I didn't know Gail or anyone in her family before her disappearance, the fact that she was a part of this community and group of people, but that she is no longer here doing the everyday things that we all take for granted, made me very sad for her and her children. And when in the parking lot I see a Rubicon, I turn around just to check.

I can't say I'm sad for her husband because in my view he removed himself from that family picture by his behavior before Gail's disappearance. He chose to spend his time with other people, his girlfriend for example, and he didn't live up to his duty as a husband and father. He let his family down. Maybe he was tired of his wife and his life, and he thought he needed or deserved more. I'm sorry, but life is hard sometimes. He should have found an honorable way to deal with it. And all the more so if in fact his wife was struggling with health issues. I say health issues because I don't believe in separating health and mental health -- they are one in the same. He should be even more ashamed of his behavior if he knew she was suffering with health issues. If he could or would not help her, he should have found someone TO help her. Instead, it appears he took out his frustration and anger in ways that made the situation even more untenable.

Shame on him, and shame on anyone who collaborated with or enabled him before, during or after her disappearance. Including PI's and attorneys. Somebody knows something. And please notice that I have not accused her husband of killing her. I have no facts or evidence to assert that. I do believe that he did not uphold his responsibility to care for and protect his family, and I believe the choices he made set in motion the sad situation so many are trying to find a way through now.

:twocents:AD has stated that MP frequently(after drinking excessively)would ramble on about his Dad's bar "The Frosty Mug" and the types of people who used to hang around in the backroom. MP, himself would share those stories with friends when he has a few in him ... he tends to ramble on incessantly. MP has himself said that those types of people frequented his Dad's establishment for years before closing. If he was talking to anyone these days...I suppose we could ask him ourselves...but that ain't gonna happen anytime soon. IMHO:twocents:

A couple of interesting things:

"Certainly the case is still pending. We don't have any plans to dismiss the case," said Theresa Light Critchfield, an attorney representing the siblings with the law firm Chambliss Bahner & Stophel.

She did not comment on what action may come next.

That's good news IMO. I was hoping to hear that K&D were still pursuing the matter.

"In the abundance of caution, we're going to answer the complaint even though I don't believe there's any merit to it," Davis said.

How professional. Perhaps he should let the judge decide if there's any merit to it?

Are you sure that's the name of the old bar? I searched the TN Sec of State Business Filings and I do find an old corp under that name that operated in the early 80's. But the corporate mailing address was in another part of TN altogether. Not that that is impossible, just a little odd.

Someone opened a new business license in Chattanooga under that name in 2010 but it does not appear to be the same owner.

A couple of interesting things:

That's good news IMO. I was hoping to hear that K&D were still pursuing the matter.

How professional. Perhaps he should let the judge decide if there's any merit to it?

This should be interesting to watch how it unfolds. Especially since this was the judge that signed his RO before in May. D & H may try to throw a few things of their own for the defense of MP. Hope D&K and their attorneys have all their ducks in row and one big goose! imo

The Frosty Mug was a bar. This new Frosty Mug is a restaurant/burger joint of some kind. I found it also while looking for the old bar. I think MP's father's bar was in the 60/70's. If you google Frosty Mug, there is a website/forum I posted awhile back where old patrons of the Chattanoogan bars were commenting.

Em- I'm sorry you are feeling so down. :(

Generally speaking, professional SAR needs an 'ok' from family, LE- and often both. The reason for this (imo, of course) is because if you are professional SAR, you don't (and shouldn't) solicit for business. Your services are available to LE and families of missing persons free of charge. So one or the other has to seek them out.

The unfortunate aspect of this is when neither does. :(

Are you sure that's the name of the old bar? I searched the TN Sec of State Business Filings and I do find an old corp under that name that operated in the early 80's. But the corporate mailing address was in another part of TN altogether. Not that that is impossible, just a little odd.

Someone opened a new business license in Chattanooga under that name in 2010 but it does not appear to be the same owner.

Reply#10 mentions Frosty Mug and it's location.. (Central Ave and Rossville Blvd) Is that location at 23rd Street too?

Location speaks volumes to me as to the type of people who may have patronized that "fine" establishment..Nuff said..JMHO

http://sceniccity.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=food&thread=8304&page=1

JBean is allowing a certain latitude when discussing MP given that there is no named suspect in Gail's case, but sleuthing other family members (for example-Matt's father) is not allowed.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Agree with you Em. Unfortunately the pain will deminish, but the scars from the original pain will remain.

There had been talk of people just scared of MP...or his connections..and some think it was just a domestic issue. The first I could see, but in the case of the latter..she's still missing and needs to be found. I'm not from the area, but the turn out of just a few does have me scratching my head. Maybe it's just the fact that the area is just overwhelming (in more ways than one)...and the locals know it. But, I do think most of people knowing her case would atleast keep their eyes open for her or the jeep tho..

Hoping something is forthcoming or settled before the children have to start school again.

Where was the talk about this?

Thanks, believe09.

I'd rather sleuth the location of Gail's Jeep...
I've been staring at maps for weeks now.

Very frustrated at the lack of discussion re: her last seen location, and her direction of travel.

JBean is allowing a certain latitude when discussing MP given that there is no named suspect in Gail's case, but sleuthing other family members (for example-Matt's father) is not allowed.

Thank you for your cooperation!

I understand, however MP and his father's connections to people who have influence in our city and some others who can best be described as being extremely shady individuals is quite interesting to say the least...And IMHO could be the answer as to WHY Gail and her jeep has not been seen or heard of since April 30, 2011..JMHO

Thanks, believe09.

I'd rather sleuth the location of Gail's Jeep...
I've been staring at maps for weeks now.

Very frustrated at the lack of discussion re: her last seen location, and her direction of travel.

IF we are to believe what CC claimed, she was last seen on Big Fork Rd between 4 and 6 pm on the 30th of April.. Is that fact, error or just a "Red Herring" Should her claim be toally disregarded?

I understand, however MP and his father's connections to people who have influence in our city and some others who can best be described as being extremely shady individuals is quite interesting to say the least...And IMHO could be the answer as to WHY Gail has not been seen or heard of since April 30, 2011..JMHO

There has been nothing proving MP's connections to any shady characters that I am aware of, and MP's family is off the table because we dont sleuth bystanders.

IF we are to believe what CC claimed, she was last seen on Big Fork Rd between 4 and 6 pm on the 30th of April.. Is that fact, error or just a "Red Herring" Should her claim be toally disregarded?

I don't know whether or not it should be disregarded, Em.

If accurate, Gail and/or the Jeep would have been traveling toward 8 (Taft). Off of Taft, there are a lot of possibilites. And now we go back to all of the mines and caves, not to mention the gorge. *sigh.*

I don't know whether or not it should be disregarded, Em.

If accurate, Gail and/or the Jeep would have been traveling toward 8 (Taft). Off of Taft, there are a lot of possibilites. And now we go back to all of the mines and caves, not to mention the gorge. *sigh.*

Oriah, Prentice Cooper is a BIG place... not to mention dangerous..JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members