TN - Girl raped on school bus

I feel so horrible for this girl. The article said she was screaming, and you mean to tell me the driver didn't hear her? I don't believe it for one minute. He's trying to cover his *advertiser censored*! I don't understand the other kids on the bus not speaking up though, surely they must have seen or heard something? I agree with englishleigh the driver looks like he's on drugs.

Many kids today are immune to horrific things happening around them. violence is entertainment to them.

The driver is a complete bufoon and as for the other kids on this bus, well they are as pathetic and disgusting as the kid who actually committed the rape. I am dumbfounded.
There were 60 kids on that bus and not one person helped her.:bang:

This is the world we live in today. :(

Many kids today are immune to horrific things happening around them. violence is entertainment to them.

I doubt "many" kids are entertained with people getting raped.

This is terrible. Whatever provoked this, if anything shouldn't have ended in rape. Surely some of the others on the bus witnessed the forced attack. We need to teach our children to speak out in these situations. I'm sure some might have been afraid to tell the bus driver, or maybe the driver didn't listen. All I know is that children need to step to the plate and protect eachother and not be afraid to make a stand. Has it been mentioned the relationship of the girl to this boy being they were sitting together?

Nothing should PROVOKE a rape. Their relationship should have nothing to do with this. I don't care if the girl was sitting on his lap. She said "NO" and yelled for HELP. If it didn't end in rape then what would be a better scenario?

Why is he free on bail?

Riding a school bus today, especially with inner-city kids, is a free-for-all in itself. I'm sure it was so noisy - 60 loud kids on this bus - the driver had no idea what was happening. Several schools are now paying an additional person to ride buses. Sad that going to and from school on school transportation has come to this.

According to her story, upon exiting, the girl told the driver to watch the tape and that the boy grabbed her. She did not say to the driver that she was raped.

No other students told the driver or yelled there was any problem. Yes. I believe her, but I think the driver didn't know there was a problem.

Why in the world were there sixty kids on one school bus? I didn't even think that many would fit, at least not sitting. When we rode the school bus (a long time ago) everyone had to have a seat, no standing. This kids had to have either been piled one on top of the other or some standing. If you can't afford more buses then make two trips.

Another thing, I don't think an eighteen year old should be riding the bus with younger students. Take the little kids (and I do include fourteen year olds as little) on the first trip and then the older, say sixteen and up, on the second trip.

Of course all of this is hindsight. Hopefully the school system will make some changes to ensure the safety of the kids riding the bus.

It's horrible that not one other kid stepped up to help this poor girl. Not even to tell the bus driver. They all need to be punished in some way.

Oh, gosh, I don't think that's what she's saying at all! It's just that SOMETHING provoked that 18 year old to decide to rape her.......whatever it was that provoked him doesn't put blame on her in any way.........what was the provocation? Were they friends? Totally unknown to one another?

To do this on a school bus is incredible to me. What kind of person does something like this in front of so many witnesses? And what on earth must he have done or been capable of doing when no one was looking?

I see he has admitted to assaulting her but not to rape.....I apologize, but I have to admit that this would make way more sense to me.

Thank you! I'm glad someone understood me. We all agree this was totally unacceptable and should not have gone unnoticed on a bus. I'd just like to know more about this 18 yr old. Does he have a history of molesting/fondling girls which has led up to this?

Nothing should PROVOKE a rape. Their relationship should have nothing to do with this. I don't care if the girl was sitting on his lap. She said "NO" and yelled for HELP. If it didn't end in rape then what would be a better scenario?

If you notice, if said what provoked this, if anything. Why can't I ask about their relationship? I know when I was 13, I had a 17 yr old bf until my dad found out. What this 18 yr old did was wrong and yes, he should have stopped when she said "no". Can I not ask if they were friends?

If you notice, if said what provoked this, if anything. Why can't I ask about their relationship? I know when I was 13, I had a 17 yr old bf until my dad found out. What this 18 yr old did was wrong and yes, he should have stopped when she said "no". Can I not ask if they were friends?

Well, in re-reading the article, it sounds like they didn't know eachother. Maybe the school system should go to how our youth group took field trips by having the guys sit on one side, and the girls on the other.

I can very well see why how the bus driver didn't know and the other kids didn't care. When I was in grade school we had couple of kids (High schoolers) on the bus that had sex in the back seat of the bus almost every day. I don't think that 18 year old should be banned from riding the bus. I was 17 my senior year if I had not been able to ride the bus I would not have had way to and from school. We had one car in the family and my dad took it to work every day. My husband was 18 his senior year he rode the bus sometimes to school when his truck was broke down. So should he have just missed them days of school cause he could not get to school any other way. That has only been 10 years ago that we rode the bus. s\Senior trip was just big necking/sex party on the way home on the bus. There where lot of couples in our senior class. That also makes me wonder what their relationship was/is, were they friend and he carried it far and she said stop and he didn't ( which is wrong if that what happen),was she all for it until after it happen then says she was raped, or did she not even know him and he flat out raped her on the school bus . That were what was their relationship fits in.

Look at the driver, he looks stoned in the photo! :eek:

18-year-old HS senior rapist...a MAN. He is identified by name and photo and charged as an adult. :woohoo: :woohoo:

That poor little 14 yo girl. Prayers for her and her family...I hope they sue the school system, too.

I know this guy personally through my kids school. He himself is the biggest flirt with younger girls and has a horrible reputation. To be honest I was shocked to see he is now a bus driver.

I can very well see why how the bus driver didn't know and the other kids didn't care. When I was in grade school we had couple of kids (High schoolers) on the bus that had sex in the back seat of the bus almost every day. I don't think that 18 year old should be banned from riding the bus. I was 17 my senior year if I had not been able to ride the bus I would not have had way to and from school. We had one car in the family and my dad took it to work every day. My husband was 18 his senior year he rode the bus sometimes to school when his truck was broke down. So should he have just missed them days of school cause he could not get to school any other way. That has only been 10 years ago that we rode the bus. s\Senior trip was just big necking/sex party on the way home on the bus. There where lot of couples in our senior class. That also makes me wonder what their relationship was/is, were they friend and he carried it far and she said stop and he didn't ( which is wrong if that what happen),was she all for it until after it happen then says she was raped, or did she not even know him and he flat out raped her on the school bus . That were what was their relationship fits in.

Please tell me your school district so I know not to send my kids there. Thanks!

There is a little more info. in the Daily News Journal (Murfreesboro, Tenn.) Also at the bottom of the article there are comments from the locals.

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080226/NEWS01/802260323/1002

SNIPS

A freshman at Riverdale High School told authorities Stover rubbed his hands across her body and fondled her below the waist Feb. 20 while both were riding the bus, Murfreesboro Police spokesman Kyle Evans said.
"The video clearly shows her distressed facial expressions and you can read her lips crying for help," Evans said. "It corroborates her story 100 percent."

Evans, who called the recording "shocking," said the video shows the victim getting on the bus bound for the St. Andrews Drive area and sitting in about the seventh row near the aisle.

"A few moments later, you see Mr. Stover approach the victim and forcibly push her over to the window, trapping her inside the seat," Evans said. "While the bus was still parked, Mr. Stover begins to sexually assault her, rubbing his hands across her body and in private areas.

"You can clearly see from the video she repeatedly says, 'stop,' 'no,' or 'leave me alone,'" Evans said. "She tries to escape, and Mr. Stover physically forces her back."

Some of the girl's pleas for help can be heard on the video, Evans said.

At one point in the 15-minute attack, Evans said, the victim even turned to another student on the bus filled with 60 kids and asked for help.

"It appears as if the student tried to engage the attacker in a conversation, but did not distract him for very long," Evans said.

Stover then reportedly continued his attack on the young girl, putting his hand into her pants and sexually assaulting her, police said.

Under state law, any penetration without consent is considered felony rape, punishable by up to eight to 12 years with 30 percent served in prison.

More at link

I know this guy personally through my kids school. He himself is the biggest flirt with younger girls and has a horrible reputation. To be honest I was shocked to see he is now a bus driver.

Thanks for letting us know. What is the criteria for becoming a bus driver? I honestly don't know.

Thanks for letting us know. What is the criteria for becoming a bus driver? I honestly don't know.

This is what I found on the Rutherford County School Board Page. I do know that all buses that serviced my kids school in Rutherford County ran with privately owned drivers. It appears it is county wide. Kinda scary, especially with Bond owning a his own bus.

Transportation
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Approximately 18,000 Rutherford County
students are transported every school day by a fleet of 165 buses. Our bus drivers are
independent owner/operators. They receive
20 hours of road training with additional
classroom training each year.
[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members