TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

Discussion in 'Holly Bobo' started by imamaze, Apr 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

it came from Nancy Grace's blog:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/nancy.grace/

2. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

Local would not have to mean that very town...aren't there other small towns nearby?

I don't think LE set up roadblocks immediately, did they? They probably went out, took the report in person, walked around the property, etc...called in help...all plenty of time for a vehicle to get out of town...

3. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

This feels weird to quote my own post, but I must correct something I said. It WAS NOT A POSTER HERE that said they decided not to search today. I am following several websites regarding this case, and I got confused about where I had seen this. It WAS NOT a Websleuths poster who said that so please forgive me for misleading you.

Sorry about that.....:doh:

4. concentric

concentric New Member

Yeah, not local, as in been there since birth, local, right?

5. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

"The Bobo family stayed away from the media, but we are told they spent part of the day looking for Holly."

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14497316/search-resumes-for-missing-nursing-student

It is also important to note I think, that the boyfriend's family is also out there looking. Not the boyfriend himself, but when I've seen him mentioned he's been with Holly's family. (So if they were out searching it's certainly possible he went with them.)

After the cases of people not looking for the missing wife of their son or brother... the mother of their grandchildren, or nieces/nephews... I thought it important to point out this family is doing that and there is no marriage or children involved. His brothers and father have been searching daily along with their friends. (According to many on facebook.)

To make it more sobering...

There are also people I would think would be on her friends list, who are not.

People very close to her (in my opinion innocent) boyfriend for example.

People who are actively involved in the search for her, closely connected to someone close to Holly.

People that I would probably feel obligated to add if I had a facebook, which is why I don't have a facebook.

I would think they should be considered if the friends list is being used at all?

Maybe she just hadn't added them yet, maybe she just didn't like them, or maybe they are just "interjecting themselves into the investigation."

If people are removing themselves I can see them doing that to avoid contact from the media. The people I am talking about however, haven't been on her friends list from day one. I went through it immediately in total awe of how many people changed their profile pictures within 24 hours of her being abducted. It was incredible!

6. jaycee

jaycee Member

I really want to think it is a hostage situation and it's our best case scenario right now. Sometimes these guys like to 'keep' their victims. Until Holly is found I will hang onto this hope. She's out there...somewhere.

7. peeples

peeples New Member

Following crews out searching in the Smith Gravel Pit road area. It's rough back in here. But the search goes on. #hollybobo

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

8. SNOWINMEMPHIS

SNOWINMEMPHIS New Member

I think he came from 100's of miles away and has been living off the grid around Natchez Trace Park for the winter months.
    He wasn't born in TN in my opinion.
    I also believe he has a medical/military background.
    He was looking for a "mate" and intends to keep Holly forever if he can.
    I think he takes great care not to harm her physically.
    Waiting for her to be so dependent on him that she gets Stockholm Syndrome and begins to see him as her protector.
    Which does eventually happen.
    I would think he is using GPS and lot's of other higher tech equipment.
    All JMO

9. peeples

peeples New Member

can anyone map the gravel pit area on HOllye's map???

10. CocoChanel

CocoChanel Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

(snipped by me....)

MsF - do you mean people who DO have Facebook pages but are not listed as her friends, but are friends of her BF's or brother's? Or are you talking about people like yourself who just don't 'do' Facebook? 'Cause I know lots of folks who don't do Facebook, so I wouldn't consider that alone to be hinky.

And can you tell me more about what you mean about '..changed their profile pictures....' ? This is an interesting angle.

11. norest4thewicked

norest4thewicked True Crime Writer

This is just my personal opinion, but I feel that if someone is a "conditional" searcher, then I would not want them on the search if I was LE. This makes me think that the person was only searching for all of the info that they thought that they could get from searching, rather than searching for Holly because it was in their hearts.

12. jaycee

jaycee Member

I use a different name and several of my family and friends also do or use nicknames. We all do this for several reasons and I'm glad we do. We also do not use our real birth dates.

13. SNOWINMEMPHIS

SNOWINMEMPHIS New Member

I only have a facebook for immediate family and employers.
    IMO

14. nervous_nellie

nervous_nellie Carpe Noctem

i remember reading after they caught that guy in the maynerd case and he was talking about how "they" watched movies together and he brought her meals, etc.... trying to sound like he was really caring for her - taking care of her! really twisted stuff BUT she was alive, so lets hope holly is too! no matter how slim the possibility...

15. SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that ther

Some very good points made ensht! The only thing I wanted to quickly add was to the above BBM.. if this happens to be the case.that Holly actually sent the text at an earlier time[anytime that morning prior to the attack]and then due to the reasons you mentioned^above^ the actual text did not "come thru"/was not received until a later time that morning[possibly at some point even say 1 or both of the 911 calls had already been placed] thus for sure knowing that the attack had indeed already occurred/or was in the process of still occurring..

I just wanted to add that LE..cell phone carrier..and even actual cell records[including those anyone can view online] would clearly show the accurate/true time that the msg was actually sent from Holly's phone..regardless of when it actually "came thru" to the receiver's phone[in this case the bf's cell phone] all of these easily obtained records would show when it actually was sent..

So that IMO leads me to believe that either it did actually get sent from her phone prior to the attack[which IMO is less than a slim to none chance of having actually happened] or even quite possibly that even tho LE are fully aware of when this msg actually/truly did occur but maybe there is reason they want to lead "someone" to believe that LE believes their "claim" of what they are "alleging" to have happened regarding the txt time and txt subject that came from Holly's phone at some point that morning..IYKWIM??

16. evelyn24

evelyn24 cray cray

Wow that's a little disheartening. Hopefully the 1500 figure was a very optimistic number and 500 will be enough.
    It's Easter weekend, and some people go out of town or maybe need the emotional break from searching.

17. nervous_nellie

nervous_nellie Carpe Noctem

i do this too. after reading all of these cases i just cant let myself put my real name on anything like a facebook or myspace... nope

18. norest4thewicked

norest4thewicked True Crime Writer

No facts are known about who has the cellphone or where it is.

19. Eileen730

Eileen730 Former Member

Well 509 is still good its easter saturday...

20. evelyn24

evelyn24 cray cray

Mr.Walsh and Mr.Klass don't ever minch words or hold back their opinion that's for sure.
    They're not always right though, but I admire them for their tireless effort in helping crime victims.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.