TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time buying the whole premise of the story - her being led to the woods. I'd put my money on friend/acquaintance and/or family member being involved in this mess.

Why?? Profiling would seem to suggest exactly the opposite. I'm sure LE doesn't take anything anyone says at face value. If they believe she was led into the woods, they believe the credibility of the brother's information - which I'm sure they questioned him about over and over. This may be because they have corroborating evidence, such as tire/ATV tracks, scents that dogs picked up, etc. or might be corroborated by where the neighbor said she heard the screams coming from.

There is a NG criticism/discussion page in the Parking Lot area.

Yes. I'm aware. I was simply directing people to the page, which I think is allowed since Pat Brown is a public figure and has made commentary on the case. As such, I see no problem with giving my opinion of that commentary. Now, there are a few here, that like Pat, consider her words close to gospel. To each their own, but I figured it couldn't hurt to direct people to her page, in case she does come up with some new insight from a POV. :)

I have so many windows open right now that I can't find the article about the t-shirts, but I remember it said that so far they have sold about 2,500 shirts at $12 a piece. Doing the math, that's $30,000.

I hope it was a misprint or misquote about wanting the money for Holly to use to take a vacation. Would a kidnapping survivor really want to take a vacation?

I'm not being facetious, that's a serious question.

My thoughts would be that it would be more useful for intensive therapy for her and her family.

By and large I am not a huge LE fan or supporter ... but in this case I dont get that sense. For one, someone in LE could just flash their car lights and pull her over on the road at night some time... No need to do the more brazen, risky, thing of going to her house and trying to snatch her in broad daylight.

BBM

Could very much be the "thrill of the hunt"..........

Totally agree. If I was local & searching I'd buy one to wear on searches, and just to show support. And you know if the perp is local and out & about, it would be great for him to see all the people who support Holly. But from a long-distance point-of-view, buying a shirt to me is kind of creepy. I'm not sure I want a "souvenir" of this whole situation, but I now most people don't think of it that way, they just look at it as support.

Well as for the distance, I wouldn't mind showing the family that I cared even though I lived in Florida. Perhaps if I were more of an activist in local missing persons stuff, etc. it would not be so strange to wear. I see people around here wearing various florida related memorial shirts from time to time. Never thought about it as a souvenir which sounds kinda creepy. Myself I save photos from online articles for a while. I just feel like someone should care and remember.

Yes. I'm aware. I was simply directing people to the page, which I think is allowed since Pat Brown is a public figure and has made commentary on the case. As such, I see no problem with giving my opinion of that commentary. Now, there are a few here, that like Pat, consider her words close to gospel. To each their own, but I figured it couldn't hurt to direct people to her page, in case she does come up with some new insight from a POV. :)

I don't mind listening to Pat's opinions on NG, but I don't take her as gospel, so to speak. I think she makes sense a lot of time. This case seems to be really bugging her-but I think Le could probably have made the lives of Holly's family easier if they would/could clear CB publicly. Why they haven't is unusual, with this much gossip going on. It would only take one sentence. I wish they would do it, personally, if they can.

Oh no prob. Myself I despise her at the same level I despise JVM and NG. On the other hand it is useful to sort of play Devils Advocate and look at things from different or unpopular points of view. However, I notice a lot of the points or questions she makes are very dated compared to info available today, or are just wrong.

One thing I cannot get out of my head and it may just be LE blowing the details in their statements:

How can one observer, the only one to see all this report that he thought it was her boyfriend and that he didn't call 911 until after he saw the blood awhile later even after her being "led" to the woods AND
at the same time LE say "fear for her life"

Those two observations are entirely inconsistent unless they have a very good idea who the person was, and that she had the same idea and felt that he was a danger to her.

Only one person saw this go down. He didn't think it was a big deal at the time. Yet LE believes she feared for her life. Either they believe they and she knew/knows who it was or they haven't given us the whole deal on what the brother did actually see.

[/B]

BBM

Could very much be the "thrill of the hunt"..........

True but you could hunt someone on the highway... IDK just seems a lot easier. Thats why a lot of criminals pose as cops. THey can get a victim to cooperate with even the flimsiest story. One little blinking blue xmas tree light on the dash and the woman pulls over and lets the guy cuff her up... Even if he has no real uniform, a fake badge, etc. Im not sure if I have heard of cops dressing up as turkey hunters to abduct someone. I think the person is the object of their focus. They want the person and will get that person. If there was an easier way or a harder way I would think they would do the easier way.

I don't mind listening to Pat's opinions on NG, but I don't take her as gospel, so to speak. I think she makes sense a lot of time. This case seems to be really bugging her-but I think Le could probably have made the lives of Holly's family easier if they would/could clear CB publicly. Why they haven't is unusual, with this much gossip going on. It would only take one sentence. I wish they would do it, personally, if they can.

Ya know, I've thought about that, and I've come to the conclusion that maybe LE doesn't want to clear anyone simply because of how tight the community is. For example, if they clear her brother, then people start asking about her bf, and if they don't clear him, then the suspicion of him gets even stronger. Works the other way too, if they clear the bf, but not the brother. And if both of them are cleared, then the perp may think they really are onto him, as an outsider to the family, whether they are or not, and if Holly is still alive, he may panic. At this point, it might be better to stick with, "Everyone's a suspect", because it makes it look like they know nothing. (And I hope that they actually know something.)

One thing I cannot get out of my head and it may just be LE blowing the details in their statements:

How can one observer, the only one to see all this report that he thought it was her boyfriend and that he didn't call 911 until after he saw the blood awhile later even after her being "led" to the woods AND
at the same time LE say "fear for her life"

Those two observations are entirely inconsistent unless they have a very good idea who the person was, and that she had the same idea and felt that he was a danger to her.

Only one person saw this go down. He didn't think it was a big deal at the time. Yet LE believes she feared for her life. Either they believe they and she knew/knows who it was or they haven't given us the whole deal on what the brother did actually see.

I probably ask someone every day to clarify what they have told me. And its simple stuff like what they want from the grocery, etc. So I can understand how vaguely worded statements may have been misconstrued initially. Aparently LE disagreed with the initial statements that were incorrect and clarified things. The clarified statements do make sense, really. Much more so than the original version of events.

I am not sure if anyone has ever actually had access to original transcripts of anything. Even on TV when you see a someone at a PC they are reading a statement copied from another statement, taken from a report, edited by someone, etc. And then when you see the story on the news or on a web site, its been transcribed, interpreted, condensed, made more dramatic (a lot of reports still say dragged).

I'm guessing that once LE knew it was not the boyfriend, the manner in which she was walking with him led them to believe it had to be someone threatening, as who else would she have been leaning against, for example, or allow to take her arm, or whatever he saw...

Does anyone get the feeling that the perp could be LE?

I feel certain LE knows soooo much in this case they're just waiting for the person to make the wrong move/ or the right move!

The Gov. put up $50,000. in reward money. Seems to me so much money is being spent in additional LE/ FBI/ TBI /Dive teams / helicopters & the list goes on & on.....to catch the perp!!! Yet the perp is probably sitting back LOL that he is smarter then they are.............he knows where Holly is at & all of them put together can't find her!!!

LE aren't fools.......hopefully they're getting ready to pounce on the perp & show him Tn justice!!!!

Hi, I just signed in. On Prime News the HLN guy announced that Nancy Grace will be covering Holly Bobo tonight. I'm confused though because NG is not listed in my TV guide for tonight. :waitasec:

Hi, I just signed in. On Prime News the HLN guy announced that Nancy Grace will be covering Holly Bobo tonight. I'm confused though because NG is not listed in my TV guide for tonight. :waitasec:

They may repeat it on weekend nights (I rarely watch it) but its probably an ad for MONDAY

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

The proceeds are not going to the reward fund, but to Holly herself.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts. "Her mother asked me. When Holly comes home, she wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

So far 2,500 shirts have been sold at $12 apiece.

Thank You very much. I hadn't seen this article but read it on FB which is so full of rumor. 10-4....... xoxo

Laura Ingle from Fox News tweeted 20mins ago that she was about to report live about updates. Did anyone catch it?

Re: iluvmua I do understand where you're coming from with the questions about Holly's Tshirts profits and her momma wanting any/all[still awaiting confirmation on this aspect]of the proceeds to go to Holly personally.. I too definitely feel that as IMO most would that the proceeds would much be better off to go toward search efforts..but..and here is where I just cann0t find it within me to be able to be upset..angry..or even disappointed with momma for this statement..because this human being that is within the absolute throes of hell unlike she even knew existed and God has most likely granted her some solace in allowing a sense of "shock" to be a blessing at such a time..

what I mean is I can feel this woman..this momma's pain as well as feel and see her grasping at the tiniest glimmers of hope that are becoming terribly few and far between and can understand completely exactly what this momma would give her life in the blink of an eye for and thats the miracle of Holly being alive and able to come home to go out and spend any amount in this entire universe..no matter the astronomical number and/or amount just as i said grasping at one of the last glimmers of that hope for that miracle and I cannot..I just can't get angry.. be judgemental..nor can I even question what it is that Karen Bobo IMO most likely means by making a statement such as this..I feel as tho I already know so IMO let this precious human have what is most likely one of the few fleeting moments before being blindsided with what has most likely happened to her baby and that is that a monster has ripped this momma's baby from her life..from her heart..and this is more than I imagine most human beings can bear..I know it would be for me..just MO tho :)

Re: iluvmua I do understand where you're coming from with the questions about Holly's Tshirts profits and her momma wanting any/all[still awaiting confirmation on this aspect]of the proceeds to go to Holly personally.. I too definitely feel that as IMO most would that the proceeds would much be better off to go toward search efforts..but..and here is where I just cann0t find it within me to be able to be upset..angry..or even disappointed with momma for this statement..because this human being that is within the absolute throes of hell unlike she even knew existed and God has most likely granted her some solace in allowing a sense of "shock" to be a blessing at such a time..

what I mean is I can feel this woman..this momma's pain as well as feel and see her grasping at the tiniest glimmers of hope that are becoming terribly few and far between and can understand completely exactly what this momma would give her life in the blink of an eye for and thats the miracle of Holly being alive and able to come home to go out and spend any amount in this entire universe..no matter the astronomical number and/or amount just as i said grasping at one of the last glimmers of that hope for that miracle and I cannot..I just can't get angry.. be judgemental..nor can I even question what it is that Karen Bobo IMO most likely means by making a statement such as this..I feel as tho I already know so IMO let this precious human have what is most likely one of the few fleeting moments before being blindsided with what has most likely happened to her baby and that is that a monster has ripped this momma's baby from her life..from her heart..and this is more than I imagine most human beings can bear..I know it would be for me..just MO tho :)

Your right. I imagine this is her way of hanging on to hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie