TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
T-shirts bearing the favorite scripture of Holly's mother were sold for the Holly Bobo Fund.

The proceeds are not going to the reward fund, but to Holly herself.

D'Lynn Burton, a close family friend and neighbor, helped sell the shirts. "Her mother asked me. When Holly comes home, she wants her to have some money so she can go on a vacation, or just treat herself with anything she wants."

So far 2,500 shirts have been sold at $12 apiece.

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

30,000.00 for your missing daughters vacation??

Re: PibblePal's thoughts about the possibility of using the ruse of "your dog is injured..come quick..we must hurry to save your dog that I[as in the perp]or someone accidentally shot or injured your dog while hunting in the woods here"..possibly claiming that the injured pet was only a few feet into the dense woods..That's definitely NOT SOMETHING til now I had thought of..It does make alot more sense to me as well as is easier to believe that Holly would quickly react to this by going with the hunter to hurry to help&save her dog!..much easier IMO to believe she would hae an immediate reaction and response of just going without hesitating and without even thinking it through when it was her very own pet's life that was at stake..Very good point IMO..
BTW Welcome Neighbor!! I too am in Memphis;)

**and lol..and ROFLMAO over Lashelle's comment about the dog possibilty... "the toto looking 'thing' not suitable for the yard and woods"...hehehehehehheheehhehehe! hilarious!!

My interpretation is that LE made this statement themselves to try to clarify any earlier statements. I would like to see a written transcript of the original statement put out by LE based on the first hand statements made by her brother. Im not casting doubt on him at all. I think at some point there was just some slop in the haste of getting things out to the news and later on things had to be clarified.

Wouldn't we all.
But until then I'm going to trust LE statements.

Well "Fear for her LIfe" is a very descriptive statement and im not so sure it came from clint! JMO

I dont think they should have said these things if they were not there. We need to hear what the only person who saw her SAW . JMO

I don't think that the statement that Holly was complying because she was threatened came from Clint. I think that it was speculation put out there by LE because while locals and people like ourselves would see that this is an abduction others would question that because she went willingly.

I do understand what you are saying about the importance of reporting what was seen. But I'm not sure if it was reported that Holly was, without a doubt, threatened to comply. I'll go see what I can find, but I think that it was reported that she may have been threatened to comply.

But that's the thing...we don't now that they haven't been privately cleared, just that it hasn't been publicly announced. LE has stated over and over again what they are looking for in terms of a community member. Anyone in the area that may have seen something but is too blinded by their suspicion of brother or bf to report it is likely going to be too blinded whether there is an LE statement or not. JMO. If it preserves the case integrity for the professionals, it doesn't matter how maddening it is for us. I cannot bring Holly home. LE can. I'm happy to let them do what they do.

Exactly we dont know anything we dont know if they did or if they didnt, so our thoughts go all diff ways. None of us know what to think .
Every one there is a community member.

I dont think anyone else saw anything look where their home is. If it HAPPEND ON the road id say yea maybe someone saw something.

I hear what your saying! and respect your opinion but i also have mine.
Im not blameing anyone but this entire case is getting a bit strange.
I hope LE knows more then we do.. untill we hear something i kind of have my doubts. This is all just MVOO

Ok need to fix me some dinner and get ready for bed. Nitey nite y'all and thanks for the good company and ideas! L.

I have so many windows open right now that I can't find the article about the t-shirts, but I remember it said that so far they have sold about 2,500 shirts at $12 a piece. Doing the math, that's $30,000.

I hope it was a misprint or misquote about wanting the money for Holly to use to take a vacation. Would a kidnapping survivor really want to take a vacation?

I'm not being facetious, that's a serious question.

ETA: Thank you, Ransom, for the link!

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-bob-friday,0,1689775.story

Also, I believe that people all over the country are buying the T-shirts.

It's very odd. I don't get it at all. I've never heard of a case where the family raises funds so that the money can go directly to the victim to do whatever they please with it.

I would understand if the money was going to a trust fund etc. , but for all of the money going to whatever the recipient wants to do with it is : :waitasec:

esp. since if she is found alive, she's going to need therapy of some sort for quit a while.

It just rubs me the wrong way, esp. in this economy.

I don't think that the statement that Holly was complying because she was threatened came from Clint. I think that it was speculation put out there by LE because while locals and people like ourselves would see that this is an abduction others would question that because she went willingly.

I do understand what you are saying about the importance of reporting what was seen. But I'm not sure if it was reported that Holly was, without a doubt, threatened to comply. I'll go see what I can find, but I think that it was reported that she may have been threatened to comply.

it was that guy in the suit that Meher guy he said she was in fear for her life!
this was after they changed the story from dragged away to led away

If clint said she was in fear for her life .... he should have gone after her! JMVOO

My interpretation is that LE made this statement themselves to try to clarify any earlier statements. I would like to see a written transcript of the original statement put out by LE based on the first hand statements made by her brother. Im not casting doubt on him at all. I think at some point there was just some slop in the haste of getting things out to the news and later on things had to be clarified.

That is exactly what happened. There is a set of transcriptions back in thread 8 that I did of LE statements. Mark Gwyn is the one that sat on camera and amended the statement by saying that dragged was not the appropriate term. He stated that the abductor had hold of her (I don't remember his exact wording), but that she was walking and and dragged was no the right word.

ETA: It may have been Mehr. I'd have to go look it up.
And the statement that they made was that they believe that she was in fear for her life. Not that her brother believed, not that it was based on witness statements, but that they as LE believed that she was in fear for her life.

Also, I believe that people all over the country are buying the T-shirts.

It's very odd. I don't get it at all. I've never heard of a case where the family raises funds so that the money can go directly to the victim to do whatever they please with it.

I would understand if the money was going to a trust fund etc. , but for all of the money going to whatever the recipient wants to do with it is : :waitasec:

esp. since if she is found alive, she's going to need therapy of some sort for quit a while.

It just rubs me the wrong way, esp. in this economy.

me tooo! that money should go to helping pay for gas for the atvs searching bring in sar dogs all the search and rescue stufffff not a vacation

If they get Holly home im sure someone will send her on vacation!

Use that money to GET her home!!!!!

Ok, I gotta say, I don't understand the vacation fund.
I know it's not, but in some ways it's like a runaway bribe.. "if you come home we'll give you a (fill in the blank).
And is there a heaven forbid contingency plan? What if she doesn't come home, where does the money go?

Just imagine...by the time this is over that family will be wealthy on top of the wealth they already had.

If people dont think this is NUTS, I dont know what to think of people!!

I don't think it's nuts. And I'm a people. I think it's a mother holding onto hope that her child will come home and everything will be normal again.

me tooo! that money should go to helping pay for gas for the atvs searching bring in sar dogs all the search and rescue stufffff not a vacation

If they get Holly home im sure someone will send her on vacation!

Use that money to GET her home!!!!!

Not to mention all the food and things people have donated INTERNATIONALLY for this family and for this search. Churches in the area have donated thousands of dollars that is not showing up in the news articles...I think it is AMAZINGLY selfish that they could be thinking this way while so many are giving everything they can to help this family....

This is turning into a circus FAST.

I don't think it's nuts. And I'm a people. I think it's a mother holding onto hope that her child will come home and everything will be normal again.

then you use that money to find that daughter! thats what its for!

unfortunately nothing will ever be normal in their lives again even if they bring her home!
JMO

If this statement came from LE, I'm pretty confident they got their information from the brother.
If this is what LE got from Holly's brother as to what he saw, it's good enough for me.
Clint has never given an interview to the press but IMO he has to LE, probably more than one.

Or maybe they got the idea that Holly was 'in fear for her life' from some action or act from Holly, perhaps some clue she managed to leave behind.

That was the only way I could jibe what CB said and the statement 'in fear for her life'.

I know it's not, but in some ways it's like a runaway bribe.. "if you come home we'll give you a (fill in the blank).
And is there a heaven forbid contingency plan? What if she doesn't come home, where does the money go?

Where does the reward go if no one comes forward and they find her deceased (God Forbid)?

I could see the 'your dog is injured' ruse as a possibility. But that does not explain why the guy was holding her close as they walked. To me the body language they described implies that the guy had a knife or a gun. imoo

I have to say that it seems very odd to me as well. Why not use the money for extra searchers and private dog handlers FIRST, maybe Private Investigators.

Then once she comes home you can figure out a way for her to go on a little vacation. I bet she would get plenty of offers from people offering her their beach house if she comes home safe.

I DO understand the Mom's hope that the money could be used to fund a nice vacation for her beautiful daughter. But she is putting the cart before the horse, imo.

I would hope that it would get donated to help other families search for their missing loved ones but I don't really think they are considering all this that everyone is saying. I think it is their way of saying YES Holly is coming home, so here is this money she can do whatever she wants to with it because she's been through Heck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member