TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Mark Furman Fox news is a paycheck for him
With all of Nancy graces faults she sure does alot for missing ppl
John walsh said the same thing.

I dont think they are pointing fingers. They just want to rule these ppl out.
JMO

I don't think they are pointing fingers, but they are trying to get better ratings...Geraldo is a talk show, just like NG, not really news hour.

I have a feeling whoever did this would attend the vigil don't you think? I mean if they're local they wouldn't want to stand out by not being there either...

No Ransom, it's a very good point. We really have to be careful getting hung up on the dog issue. LE tracking dogs are NOT the same as SAR trailing dogs. Again, like on so many cases that pop up on here you hear about how there was no scent past the house/property. HUH? Of course there was, she probably left the house daily to go somewhere, so there were plenty of trails. Now, they may very well have lost it and that could quite possibly be because she got in a car and these dogs had not trained for car trailing, because it is certainly a different beast. My long winded point is, they are just a tool, and they can be faulty for a variety of reasons. They are wonderful tools, but if you are not successful with one, then you try another and another until you either find the person or you get a consensus. And if you are using the wrong type of dog for the job, well all bets off.

In some ways then they are like lie detector tests, yet I thought that the dogs can be used in court, right?

I have a feeling whoever did this would attend the vigil don't you think? I mean if they're local they wouldn't want to stand out by not being there either...

I agree. I don't think whoever did this would want to draw attention to themselves by not attending. A local would want to blend in at this time especially. I think the person who did this is local. It seems very unlikely that a person not familiar with the area would just drive somewhere and take a person.

Only one report used the word "flecks" of blood and I think it was radar online, via Nancy Grace, so again...grain of salt. LE said a "small amount."

even small amount think about what dried blood looks like. If it had been found inside the home than it would def stand out more but outside with so many outside elemets ints just not that easy to spot unless we are talking a bloody handprint or smeared blood again on color of contrast. The blood is something the LE would find after the fact but this small amount seems odd to spot that right away if youre not looking for it. of course we still know what a small amount is and how it was found but it has been bothering me that this blood was found so quickly by an untrained eye

Yes, dogs have been used in court (well, u know what I mean). But, thanks to some less than scrupulous handlers they have really taken a beating and get ripped apart more than ever now. Hence the importance to immaculate and detailed training and mission records.

When LE says "local" I guess I was thinking local as in within the county or general area, not particularly Parsons, maybe. So it may well be someone who followed Holly to school, i.e. but not anyone who would be recognized by her friends or family.

I don't know if any of what's going on in my brain really makes sense even to me, but lately I've been spending a lot of time contemplating the perp and how he would have picked Holly, why he picked Holly and just generally who he is.

1. I think Holly's chances of being selected as a random victim of opportunity are about nil. Maybe the perp initially picking her at random to fixate on, but not just happening to drive past her house in the middle of nowhere, where you can't see the garage from the road, and deciding to wander up and see if there happened to be a pretty young woman around.

2. I don't think that Holly would have stayed silent to her parents and big brother if there were someone in her life that was making her uncomfortable. She would have told someone if she were threatened or felt she were being stalked or watched.

3. Holly herself is a low risk victim, that was taken in a high risk abduction. She was stable, not a real hard partier from what we have heard, did not seem to have a substance or gambling problem, typical college girl still living at her rural home with her family and seemingly, her older brother. She didn't seem to have a million boyfriends and seemed to prefer her church to any wild scene. Extremely low risk. However, her abduction was broad daylight, in a small community, at her home, with a potential witness and under circumstances where she was bound to be found missing pretty quickly, whether her brother was home or not. I'm having a hard time reconciling this part.

4. I think her abductor is a local, but not necessarily a long time local. Hunting seems to be a big pastime in just about any season in that part of TN. If he is an avid hunter or outdoorsman, it could have taken him only a couple of years to get the lay of the land and know those woods as well as anyone else that's lived there forever. If people that have lived there their whole lives are overwhelmed by the community response, I think he is as well.

5. I think the perp is a planner, likely someone that would be described as intense, a planner. In fact, I think he plans too much. I think he planned this out much more than he needed to, partly because he can't help himself, partly to make the whole scene fit his fantasy. His fantasy was to carry her off into the woods, or off into the sunset might be more how he sees it, even though it would have been much safer and smarter to just put her in the car, and either drive off with her or make her drive off somewhere. That way there would have been no crime scene at all, no blood, no car, no items left behind, and she might have gone a full 24 hours without being reported. Possibly longer if he could have made her call or text her family. But he didn't, he walked her across her backyard in daylight, and into the woods...

6. I think he has been involved in the search for two reasons, it's a small town where everyone is involved in the search, so it would look suspicious if he weren't a part of it, and because he likes the attention, even though no one knows it's him. He's not a genius, there were much smoother ways to pull this off, but every day that it goes on and every time that someone talks about how smart the perp is, he gets an ego boost. He's going to be reading the news, and buying the papers, but he's also going to be that guy on the search team that is glowing at the end of the day when everyone else is withering from heat and exhaustion.

That's not all of it, but I needed to clear my brain a little. As always, MOO.

With all the rainstorms, would the dogs be able to pick up a scent now? Or, is it being reported that the dogs never picked up a scent from the beginning?

No Ransom, it's a very good point. We really have to be careful getting hung up on the dog issue. LE tracking dogs are NOT the same as SAR trailing dogs. Again, like on so many cases that pop up on here you hear about how there was no scent past the house/property. HUH? Of course there was, she probably left the house daily to go somewhere, so there were plenty of trails. Now, they may very well have lost it and that could quite possibly be because she got in a car and these dogs had not trained for car trailing, because it is certainly a different beast. My long winded point is, they are just a tool, and they can be faulty for a variety of reasons. They are wonderful tools, but if you are not successful with one, then you try another and another until you either find the person or you get a consensus. And if you are using the wrong type of dog for the job, well all bets off.

I so agree. :clap:

Normally, I would agree with you on this. As in cases where a perp might attend the funeral of their victim etc.

But Holly being missing has her small hometown shaken to it's very foundation. LE will be severely scrutinizing all males that would possibly fit the profile, at events like these, and I do not actually feel that he would risk going there.

Therefore I have to stick with my original assesment, and look to someone who was strangely missing from the community event. Possibly someone who would "normally" attend such a gathering, or even one who would never.

Just 2 cents.

That's what I forgot. Mark Furman said they have the DNA of the blood back and they know who it belongs to but they are not releasing the information.
Unfortunately, we don't know any more now than the day poor Holly disappeared. It is all so very sad. IMO

I agree but we are also talking about a bunch of other (everything) not making sense- this case makes everything suspect

I agree. I don't think whoever did this would want to draw attention to themselves by not attending. A local would want to blend in at this time especially. I think the person who did this is local. It seems very unlikely that a person not familiar with the area would just drive somewhere and take a person.

I also agree and believe LE is often in attendance to observe whose behavior might stand out from the norm. MOO

Only one report used the word "flecks" of blood and I think it was radar online, via Nancy Grace, so again...grain of salt. LE said a "small amount."

It was OK magazine. Huge grain of salt!

When they first brought it up on the show Nancy's fill in called them on it, yet they still had the "flecks of blood" caption at the bottom of the screen. Nancy talked about them the next night too.

It was OK magazine. Huge grain of salt!

When they first brought it up on the show Nancy's fill in called them on it, yet they still had the "flecks of blood" caption at the bottom of the screen. Nancy talked about them the next night too.

lol more like a ton of salt grains

The other thing is, if the blood found was actually the perp's, LE could possibly be discreetly obtaining DNA from any male's fitting the profile at events like the vigil etc. I don't know if the perp would risk that (if it is HIS blood).

That's what I forgot. Mark Furman said they have the DNA of the blood back and they know who it belongs to but they are not releasing the information.
Unfortunately, we don't know any more now than the day poor Holly disappeared. It is all so very sad. IMO

Sadly, I am beginning to wonder what direction this case is going to go in the upcoming days. I had high hopes at first, but now am beginning to wonder what is going to happen.

I don't know if it is a good idea to take Mark Fuhrman as gospel, anymore than Nancy Grace. He may be experienced, but it is Fox and they do like drama...kind of like HLN to me.

Maybe we'll have confirmation soon from LE. I dont know what to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123