TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #14

Discussion in 'Holly Bobo' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plumeria5

Plumeria5 Well-Known Member

So someone saw the "item" and phoned in a tip. If it was on the side of the highway then I am wondering if it was fairly large that the caller could see it as he/she was driving by. And, they pulled over and stayed with it until searchers could come check it out?

2. CHARLISA

CHARLISA Member

That seems like a very strange expression to use. Since I am very anal, I had to look up the definition and here it is:
    SPIRIT AWAY (verb)
    The verb SPIRIT AWAY has 2 senses:

1. carry off mysteriously; as if by magic
    2. carry away rapidly and secretly, as if mysteriously
    this is courtesy of:http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/spirit_away.htm

3. sarx

sarx Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR

Shoot posted in the wrong place. Where does Holly go to school again?

4. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking whatever they found that close to the interstate has been there this whole time since the 13th. I wonder why they say they believe they would still be in the state? Because they believe this is someone from TN, so he is more likely to stay in familiar territory? Sounds like a profiler theory, may be true or not.

We can hope that she gained his trust after a while and possibly he allowed her to ride unrestrained, but I can't imagine that happening soon enough for her to be tossing things out right away. But who knows...

5. teebone2

teebone2 New Member

UT Martin Parsons Center

6. CHARLISA

CHARLISA Member

She goes to school at UT Parson's campus- this is one of the two places they were searching today.

7. FifthEssence

FifthEssence New Member

Both reports were generated by the same news site.

One report noting a tip in the form of a phone call referring to it as a 'lead', posted online@6:29PM
    http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...ern-Decatur-County?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

AND

less then an hour later @7:23PM
    http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...-found-search-Holly-Bobo?odyssey=mod|mostview
    the same news site releases the story about an item being found in the vicinity of 100 Eaton St. in Parsons which is off of Rt 69 as defined on the other news site. (http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011...-Tenn-woman/UPI-72981303702724/#ixzz1KVXng6A2)

Authorities would not disclose the item or its significance in the search.

Have attached a map. Several routes one could take. This map displays the shortest path which is 5.1 miles East of her home. Based on the measurement legend at the bottom left side of the map, it appears to be about 3 miles as the crow flies, from the home.
    Hoping this is a significant find or 'lead.'

Attached Files:

8. CHARLISA

CHARLISA Member

Also, we know already that he is twisted, so what's to stop him from calling himself to taunt police? Maybe the case wasn't getting enough attention for him. I mean at this point, anything and everything is possible.

9. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I would really hope that if someone is out searching for an abducted woman... that they would NOT be so irresponsible as to leave their own duct tape (or rope, or ski mask, or bloody items, or weapons) laying around.

They are looking for a women who very well could have been restrained, leaving any item that could have been used for restraint would be irresponsible, inconsiderate and hindering an investigation.

The thought that anyone out there searching for Holly, or out there knowing about Holly's disappearance... might knowingly or carelessly leave behind something like duct tape which would so obviously hinder the investigation... makes me want to scream.

I ripped the labels off my drink bottles before going on a search, for fear that the label might come off. I put my hair into a bun with my hat, for fear my hair might get caught in a tree and be something else LE had to look at.

I would like to believe that the duct tape that was found, was either from before Holly's disappearance or was left by someone unaware of it. If it is not connected to Holly.

However, I find it hard to believe anyone in that area would be unaware of her disappearance and it did not look a few days old to me personally.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14477180/day-7-of-search-for-holly-bobo-in-decatur-county

10. lillys

lillys Former Member

Great news........at least there was some kind of news today. I have a feeling whatever LE found will lead them to Holly.
    I want to know why the Gov upped the reward.

11. vjlaw

vjlaw Well-Known Member

If he spirited her away and is on the move with her, I would think he would try to make sure her blond hair was not visible. If he got her a change of clothes, he would have to get some clothes from somewhere. Just another thought if she is still alive. jmo

12. Capri

Capri Active Member

Not absolutely sure this is an approved site, but I think it's ok. I've just not heard of it before,so mods feel free to delete if needed.

News Channel 5 - Posted: Apr 24, 2011 5:38 PM EDT

"A sunrise service in Decatur County brought Holly Bobo's supporters together to pray for her safe return
    The focus Sunday was on Holladay Road which connects Bobo's home where she was abducted and last seen alive to Interstate 40. Investigators believe the man who took her might have tried to get to the interstate as quickly as possible and that clues might lie on the side of the road. Volunteers search for anything that might have been thrown out the window or any item of Bobo's that might lead them deeper into a section of woods.

"Anywhere that's far enough to toss a bag, a purse, jewelry, keys, just something off into the woods," said Jason Greer with the Henderson County Rescue Squad. They are looking along about 30 miles of roads throughout three counties.

"There is a method to the madness. It's hard to do, but we got it going," said Greer.

http://www.diigo.com/bookmark/http:...-on-easter-sunday?tab=people&uname=casesignal

13. cluciano63

Without a description of the abductor or his vehicle, he probably does not have all that much to worry about just yet...LE needs to share some info like this, if they have it, to allow the public to help. Now I understand why Amber Alerts require a vehicle description; I can't imagine trying to find someone without one, if it has been determined they were taken away in a car or truck.

14. not_my_kids

not_my_kids New Member

My very first thought when I saw the picture of the searchers on hands and knees was "SIM Card". Now I doubt that's actually what they were looking for, but it's just what ran through my overworked brain.

If she really is thought to be leaving a trail, it makes me wonder even more if she didn't cut herself at the house. If she has the presence of mind to be leaving a trail afterward, after the adrenaline rush, then I think she would have had the presence of mind to try to alert her brother in whatever way she could. JMO.

I hope they find her, but I am beginning to fear they are moving towards recovery and out of the rescue phase. I hate to say it, but it's what I feel as we move towards week 3.

15. goldiegirl

goldiegirl Active Member

Ug. This is frustrating/good at the same time. I'm very glad that it seems they have narrowed down the focus a little bit (as long as they are correct) with the theory of his getting on the interstate. The thing that makes me sad, though, is how do you know where to stop? It's great that they are searching 30 miles throughout three counties, but what if she tossed something on the 31st mile? : ( It's just so sad. They can't search the entire country, and they're doing their best, but the thought of her tossing items in hopes of leaving a trail and thinking of what was going through her mind is just awful.

16. shefner

shefner Member Since 2008

Since the garage/carport is detached, I wonder if Holly was abducted before she ever made it completely to her car?
    I also wonder why LE doesn't use metal detectors to search these areas for jewelry or other metal materials that might belong to Holly or her abductor?

17. cluciano63

Does anyone know how close to I-40 the lunch box was found? Wondering about in relation to latest item(s).

18. sarx

sarx Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR

About 5 miles or so as the crow flies I believe.

19. Plumeria5

Plumeria5 Well-Known Member

If you look back on the 1st page of this thread at Hollye's map it shows approximately where it was found.

20. CHARLISA

CHARLISA Member

I believe she was grabbed before she made it to her car because one of the items that was listed which they want people to BOLO for was keys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.