TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't have to know their routine if he hid where he could watch the house and waited for Holly to come out after seeing mom and dad leave, I guess...

It was at the home. There isn't a car port on the house but a patio that people in that area call a car port for whatever reason.

They have a garage dont they?

I saw the pool on the one side in the back and on the other side is like a parking area!

I don't necessarily suspect the family, but I do think it is very strange that they don't appear to be searching, or speaking out on Her behalf. Boyfriend either for that matter.

And I will say this from experience, just from a couple of searches that I have been on, sometimes even when family or significant others are ready willing and able to search, LE says "No." Sometimes, it's because of the emotional risk to family of being the one to find their daughter or sister naked and lying on the side of the road. Imagine LE allows that...liability risk is huge. In a case like this, it could be the media. Obviously LE wants everything close to the vest, and the media is desperate for any pictures, video, sound bites of the family. Not a good combo, because if the family goes to search, the media will come flocking after. With cameras. they might want to, and even if they are emotionally capable, which I doubt, LE might be standing in their way on this one.

They might not be speaking out on her behalf, but we don't know what TBI and FBI are telling them. If there is any indication that this is a revenge thing against a family member, seeing that he has inflicted that much pain might inspire him to kill her and dump her sooner than planned in order to inspire more pain. And can you name me one case where a family plea has brought a victim home? As in hearing the upset parents or boyfriend leading the perp to feel enough guilt to release the person alive? I haven't seen one. It seems these pleas to the media are more to keep the media interested and the public searching. And in this case, the family is working with TBI and TBI doesn't seem to care about the media interest, and with the latest headline about them not needing further volunteer searchers, it seems that they don't care much about the public searching either.

JMO.

Isnt this like the third time the phone has been found LOL!

At least the third time it's been reported as "found" by the media. If you count FB, it's probably the 5th or 6th time LOL.

1) Day of abudction, cell phone & knife found in woods/at woodline/in barn (depending on which news media you read).

2) In a car along with camo clothing (which has now been proven FALSE).

3) At Eaton Street.

I tend to believe the cell was found the day of the abduction somewhere near her house. As close as LE has played their cards to their chest, I doubt they would have confirmed they had it even if the perp had walked up and handed it to them.

...just MOO.

I think our society should really take another look at what kinds of things we allow. I know freedom of speech and all of that, but I think somethings cause a lot of problems.

Just what we need, horny men, all alone, traveling the roads, jacked up on *advertiser censored*!! :(

LOL how true Mick how true!

Following this mostly by just reading, but I wanted to add my 2 cents that I can't say for sure that I would be able to search if one of my kids or someone close to me was missing and we were potentially going to find them in the worst possible condition. Sitting here thinking about it, I'm more of an avoidant and sensitive personality and I know my friends and some family would look, but I couldn't.

Following this mostly by just reading, but I wanted to add my 2 cents that I can't say for sure that I would be able to search if one of my kids or someone close to me was missing and we were potentially going to find them in the worst possible condition. Sitting here thinking about it, I'm more of an avoidant and sensitive personality and I know my friends and some family would look, but I couldn't.

I know and understand what your saying but i could not sit home and wait for the phone to ring. Not with my child missing.

I know and understand what your saying but i could not sit home and wait for the phone to ring. Not with my child missing.

I can see your POV, too...I'm just I guess arguing that as I sit here and imagine myself in those shoes, I can't imagine actually wanting to be the discoverer. I also can't imagine being willing to identify if someone else could do it.

Of course, this isn't the same magnitude, but I thought for sure that when I took our old doggie to be put down that I'd want to leave the room, but I changed my mind in the last moments and decided to stay and watch her go to sleep. I thought for sure that I would leave until that moment, so I guess with something like this, I could be wrong about what I would do. I just cannot imagine I guess.

sorry to sound stupid, but if someone randomly finds a cell phone you can get info on the owner by the ESN? in just a 'moment'?

Correct...You have to give this number to the cell phone provider when you activate the phone. It's just a hunch, but I would think this family was probably on a plan. If it was a prepaid or contract phone they would still have the ESN connected to her phone number. This is true for any cell phone...Unless they give an alias to register it which I think is highly unlikely in Holly's case...MOO

Re phone - if she had an iphone, it could have been engraved on the back. Or, like me, she could have had a label or sticker with "If found, please call...." on the phone.

Re tracking kids - they have GPS chips that you can put in their backpacks or kids can wear on a bracelet or a lanyard. I subscribe to the ATT Family Map service (heard about it from the Chelsea King case - that's how her Dad found her cell phone in her car) so that I can track my son when he goes with his (less than stellar) dad for visitation.

Just MOO.....

You could if LE threatened to detain you in your home or made it clear that your involvement could literally be the reason that your child never comes home. And they have the right to detain you, especially if they have made it clear that intervening could qualify as attempting to obstruct justice. And if your arrival also meant the arrival of dozens of tv station reps and vehicles and the potential for some reporter to get a wild hair up their butt and start filming what they weren't supposed to, there is the chance, the very real chance, that that would cause the destruction of evidence or the death of said child. Explained that way, you would sit and you would wait, and you would catch the stones thrown by those that say "You should be out looking", because you have no choice.

This has probably already been stated...IMO, the phoned in tip was someone who recalled seeing someone throw something from a vehicle. Whatever that item is that can be connected to Holly, the best part is maybe, hopefully, this witness has a vehicle description.

I think it could be the cell phone this time. What else could be a big piece of the puzzle or game changer?

:waitasec:
What if he was holding her captive and they found the place?
IMO that would be something big!

And if LE thought this guy still has her why not get on Tv and ask for him to leave her on any corner at any wall mart gas station anywhere or have her mom beg for him to send her home? To please let her go!!!!! JMO

I don't think asking the mom to beg would be good.....I think the perp might say, "Yeah beg, ******". And get additional pleasure in keeping her. I think the perp has a sadistic bent to his personality. Don't ask my why, just MOO

Re phone - if she had an iphone, it could have been engraved on the back. Or, like me, she could have had a label or sticker with "If found, please call...." on the phone.

Re tracking kids - they have GPS chips that you can put in their backpacks or kids can wear on a bracelet or a lanyard. I subscribe to the ATT Family Map service (heard about it from the Chelsea King case - that's how her Dad found her cell phone in her car) so that I can track my son when he goes with his (less than stellar) dad for visitation.

Just MOO.....

This and I've always told my teen to keep her phone ON her person and not in her purse. This is one of those "tips" I heard a missing persons investigator or someone say on 20/20 or some other crime show (can't recall right off the top) because the chance of them dumping a purse en route to final destination is a lot higher than them searching the clothes for a cell phone. I mean...a smart abductor would think of the phone, but the chances of pinging to find a person are better with the phone on the body than in a purse or backpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine