TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Discussion in 'Holly Bobo' started by imamaze, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

Hairbrush, clothing, checkbook, cell phone, pda, credit card, library card, college Id card, pages from a school textbook, jewelry, acrylic nail, the list goes on and on. Even something that might not appear to connect to Holly COULD be assumed to possibly be connected to her if found next to an item easily attributed to her. For example, if a library card is found on the side of the road, and near it is a dated reciept from Walmart, that too might be gathered and examined for fingerprints, dna, etc.

I mean, I really don't know. Just tossing out random thoughts.

2. greengreen

greengreen New Member

Question: I really don't know the answer to this cause I don't have one but do all I phones not look the same?

3. lillys

lillys Former Member

Thanks MK,
    now I will never go to sleep. :seeya:
    I think everything you listed is good and could be easily seen beside the highway except an acrylic nail. ;)

4. kila1980

kila1980 New Member

her school books? and they were searching the grass for her keys/cell? just a guess

5. mahmoo

mahmoo Active Member

Of course it could have been these 2 messages she relayed to him :)

Will Nunley
    Source: mother wished to speak to volunteers in person, but it was said to be too emotionally challenging.

Will Nunley
    Breaking: The mother of Holly Bobo says she wishes she could come and hug everyone. She understands that people have to work tomorrow.

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

6. Emma Peel

Emma Peel Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & bew

I read through Nunley's tweets in chron order.

What I get is that Holly's mom called LE because she wished to thank the searchers that responded to the emergency search call on Easter.

7. liltexans

liltexans Retired WS Staff

I just don't think that's it, but it could be I guess. Why wouldn't she just call the media (Will Nunley would be a great choice) if she wanted to send a thank you message to the volunteer searchers? It just doesn't add up to me.

MOO

8. grandmaj

grandmaj Former Member

Some other possible items. As a nursing student she would always wear a watch for taking pulse and blood pressure. She would most likely carry her own personal stethoscope. I know as an EMT we all had preferences to what scope we liked more than others. She probably had a student pass to get into the school also. Most students also carry a lap top or a computer notepad. If she had medical problems she might have had a medical bracelet or necklace.

9. evelyn24

evelyn24 cray cray

Would that be considered "BREAKING"? Yea I guess it is considering he used that term with the message about the volunteers.

Who knows, he was very vague with the tweet about Karen Bobo calling the deputies with a message.

10. cfreyja23

cfreyja23 Verified Attorney

If she was asked not to speak to the media, perhaps she felt she needed to contact LE to pass along a message to the searchers indirectly.

11. greengreen

greengreen New Member

Was she in the parking lot when she called? They came at one point but turned back around.

12. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, Firimar !

Okay, don't laugh (oh go ahead!) but do any of you remember a movie from the 70's called Sweet Hostage? Martin Sheen abducts Linda Blair, takes her to a remote cabin, and tries to teach her how to be a proper young lady. Terrible movie...seriously. But anyway, she starts working on gaining his trust, and eventually sends him into town with a list of items she wants. Every item is a clue to the people looking for her...specific things only she would ask for.

For some reason, ever since I've been reading about this case, I can't get that movie out of my mind. And I hadn't thought about it once in 20 years or more. Go figure.

13. liltexans

liltexans Retired WS Staff

Could be. Just seems strange to me to term that Breaking News.

14. Emma Peel

I read that Holly's parents drove out to a search site to thank searchers but Holly's mom couldn't bring herself to actually get out of the car and talk to them...

ETA:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42745327/ns/local_news-nashville_tn/

there's the link.

15. evelyn24

evelyn24 cray cray

Do you think we'll ever get a clear comment in this case?
    :banghead:

It could be about the tip, it could be about wanting to thank the volunteers. Oy!

16. mahmoo

mahmoo Active Member

Good point!!! Would all/most of the searchers been in a central area to hear the Deputy/Sheriff relay the Bobo's message when it came in? However....the message did filter out through the media anyway.

17. ensht

ensht New Member

I 100% think the two go hand in hand. Whatever she called in led to the find.

Me too.

I'm not entirely sure the motive behind the silence but my guess is they know who it is. We know way less than most people in that area I think.

I was worried about the rules here/what is allowed and what isn't.

Older iphones came in white or black but they all looked exactly the same. You'd only be able to tell by the EIN. Keep in mind though all phones have a history. If they were ever used anywhere someone will find out. I bought a "new" phone off ebay. The guy said he turned it on once to make sure it worked before selling it. I got it and used it for months before a button broke. I brought it in under warranty. They agreed to replace it saying we appreciate your business "first name last name"....that not being my name I said you must have the wrong phone. Nope, the first time he turned it on for a total of about 1 minute it was picked up by the provider as a phone on his account. They all leave a trace. I guess what I'm saying is planting an identical phone would only open up the door for more narrowing. I think it's all moot, I suspect you as a local and most other locals know the culprit.

I don't think there's any reason to be anything but narrow minded. I remember distinctly what Whitney said on twitter when people first took shots at her cousing Clint "you don't know the real story"..you can find it on her twitter page still http://twitter.com/#!/whitneyduncan

18. annalyzer

annalyzer Rest in Peace

everything about this case is strange imo

19. Emma Peel

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42745327/ns/local_news-nashville_tn/

20. cfreyja23

cfreyja23 Verified Attorney

Interesting. It reminds me of Gavin De Becker, who likes to ask people with stalkers who may be someone they know, "If you had to guess the first person who popped into your mind, no matter how crazy, who would it be."
    Please note: I'm not accusing anyone of anything. FTR, I don't think the family is involved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.