TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look at Hollye's amazing map (1st post of this thread) and look at the pattern of the searches and where evidence/possible evidence has been found. They seem to be heading north up Hwy 69 towards Camden. I don't think the items are in a random pattern at all.

MOO

Take a look at Hollye's amazing map (1st post of this thread) and look at the pattern of the searches. They seem to be heading north up Hwy 69 towards Camden. I don't think the items are in a random pattern at all.

MOO

I've noticed that. But I'll look again. I think it would be interesting to review the order in which they were found. And the order of the area searches, if possible.

hmmmm...

Random tossing of things all over the place. Each thing, a needle in a haystack in a rural area.

Yet...LE has been successful in recovering items that are significant - either through searchers ... or on their own ...

I'm not sure we actually know if FIRST there are the finds by LE and THEN they begin a search where the item was found, or if searchers happen upon the items.

Theory:

What if all the finds were by LE (and the searches followed the finds) - because LE is somehow being led to find them?

How would that be happening?

1) accomplice/witness working with LE?

2) abductor in contact with family/LE?

3) holly somehow in contact with family/LE?

:waitasec:

I'm just noodling...and I see others thinking along these lines...

The idea that we have days of "finding significant things of Holly's" all over the place is just bugging me.

alot.

This just feels personal. It could even be anger/torture directed at someone in the family other than Holly - Holly was used b/c that is the worst thing you can do to someone. What's worse than killing someone? Making them suffer by killing their child...

:cow:

bbm

I think your last paragraph is highly likely. Holly's dad owns his own company and probably has a lot of young guys working for him. I'm sure sometimes he has to fire some of his employees too. This is a hard economy.

MOO

Its hard to say. Real kidnapping for ransoms are rare in the US. I dont usually go for complicated scenarios but the possibility of this being known to the family and LE all along could account for some of the odd actions, announcements, the giant reward, etc. Just sayin...

Plus its one of the few avenues of discussion not hashed over 5 million times.

Makes sense to me, especially if it were the outcome of a robbery gone bad. Maybe abductors want to salvage what they can of the situation. Everyday that they give it thought thought however the abductor(s) should realize that this can end peacefully and if she is "unharmed", ie. alive they would have a "managable" legal situation. I pray they give up and give her up SOON. I will be happy to donate to a ransom fund. I havent slept well in 10 nights or so but I cant even imagine what the parents are going through.

I've noticed that. But I'll look again. I think it would be interesting to review the order in which they were found. And the order of the area searches, if possible.

The order in which items are found may be meaningless. I doubt they were found in the order they were necessarily dropped. So in the end if you have 20 items found all over you cant say he went from point A to point B with any certainty. Although I think if items were thrown out of a moving car they were done as he went along his route. If you found 20 items in a row on a straight road you could assume he tossed them out one at a time but you still wouldnt know if he tossed them going away from the scene or heading back toward it (the next day?)

The only thing I've heard the radio guy say - haven't listened to it all - was that his statement posted
last night admittedly could be called "rumor."

Please help me get up to speed. So, he said on the radio that what he posted on FB was a rumor he heard?

Am I the only one that is aggravated by seeing pictures of LE placing possible evidence in envelopes without gloves or the assitance of something mechanical as to not disturb it? I realize that it is possibly old and rained on but I would think you would be more cautious.

Hi. A missing woman was found deceased last night in the greater Chicago Area. She was a 31 year mother. This case is totally different from Holly's case but I want to note for our contemplation what the Detective just reported during the press conference that just took place.

He said that Facebook is proving to be very useful in Melissa's case. That is, the Facebook page that is setup after a person goes missing - the missing person's Facebook page. (Although I'm sure they looked into the history of M's personal FB page too.) He said that alot of friends came forward with alot of helpful information regarding M's habits and what was going on in her life that may have contributed to her being missing.

They couldn't/didn't find M until last night. She was found in a Van that had been parked in a random apartment complex (not in her direct hometown) on April 25. She had been missing since April 15. There wasn't a cell phone to track. My main reason for bringing this here is to highlight how useful Facebook is in filling in the details and building a scenario on what was going on in her life. Still, noone knew exactly where she was until last night when the Van was found. M had totally different circumstances than H but we can hope that the tight lipped LE have gathered circumstantial info from friends and FB history of H's that could lead to POI and possible scenarios for her having been taken in the first place (unless, of course, H was randomly kidnapped but that doesn't seem likely.)

Am I the only one that is aggravated by seeing pictures of LE placing possible evidence in envelopes without gloves or the assitance of something mechanical as to not disturb it? I realize that it is possibly old and rained on but I would think you would be more cautious.

Have not seen such pictures. The ones I have seen showed people at least with gloves. I suppose to some extent also it depends on the item. If you watch real police investigative shows on TV (not fake ones like CSI) you see a lot of kinda baseic evidence recovery. Usually its fingers and rubber gloves or the old stand by... a pencil.

Forgive the ? if this is common knowledge, but did she have an iphone?

imo the only thing that I could see that would make a mother 'relieved' if her child was missing, was to see a video or security camera image of your child alive - something that would give hope that she would be found alive.

The order in which items are found may be meaningless. I doubt they were found in the order they were necessarily dropped. So in the end if you have 20 items found all over you cant say he went from point A to point B with any certainty. Although I think if items were thrown out of a moving car they were done as he went along his route. If you found 20 items in a row on a straight road you could assume he tossed them out one at a time but you still wouldnt know if he tossed them going away from the scene or heading back toward it (the next day?)

I just wanted to consider for a moment about the order in which LE found the items - not necessarily the order in which they were actually "dropped".

B/C I'm wondering if what's happening is that LE gets a tip on where to look for items, then finds them, then moves the search areas to around those items ... that's just weird to me.

The search areas seem to start up north, move over to the state park, then the search areas move back towards town most recently (if you look at dates of searches & find-date of items).

I don't really know what it means. I just wanted to think about the order of these searches and these finds from the "LE gets a tip" perspective...

hmmmm...

Random tossing of things all over the place. Each thing, a needle in a haystack in a rural area.

Yet...LE has been successful in recovering items that are significant - either through searchers ... or on their own ...

I'm not sure we actually know if FIRST there are the finds by LE and THEN they begin a search where the item was found, or if searchers happen upon the items.

Theory:

What if all the finds were by LE (and the searches followed the finds) - because LE is somehow being led to find them?

How would that be happening?

1) accomplice/witness working with LE?

2) abductor in contact with family/LE?

3) holly somehow in contact with family/LE?

:waitasec:

I'm just noodling...and I see others thinking along these lines...

The idea that we have days of "finding significant things of Holly's" all over the place is just bugging me.

alot.

This just feels personal. It could even be anger/torture directed at someone in the family other than Holly - Holly was used b/c that is the worst thing you can do to someone. What's worse than killing someone? Making them suffer by killing their child...

:cow:

thats what i said a bit back she called home he let her and he is leading them around. and that is Just my opinion

Forgive the ? if this is common knowledge, but did she have an iphone?

Its not been confirmed that she even had a phone although there have been unconfirmed reports of it being found or of a phone ping.

Its not been confirmed that she even had a phone although there have been unconfirmed reports of it being found or of a phone ping.

I saw in one report that stated - they should be checking her computer and her phone - so not sure if whoever said this was unaware if she had one or if the LE had it ??

Hi. A missing woman was found deceased last night in the greater Chicago Area. She was a 31 year mother. This case is totally different from Holly's case but I want to note for our contemplation what the Detective just reported during the press conference that just took place.

He said that Facebook is proving to be very useful in Melissa's case. That is, the Facebook page that is setup after a person goes missing - the missing person's Facebook page. (Although I'm sure they looked into the history of M's personal FB page too.) He said that alot of friends came forward with alot of helpful information regarding M's habits and what was going on in her life that may have contributed to her being missing.

They couldn't/didn't find M until last night. She was found in a Van that had been parked in a random apartment complex (not in her direct hometown) on
April 25. She had been missing since April 15. There wasn't a cell phone to
track. My main reason for bringing this here is to highlight how useful
Facebook is in filling in the details and building a scenario on what was going
on in her life. Still, noone knew exactly where she was until last night when
the Van was found. M had totally different circumstances than H but we can
hope that the tight lipped LE have gathered circumstantial info from friends
and FB history of H's that could lead to POI and possible scenarios for her
having been taken in the first place (unless, of course, H was randomly
kidnapped but that doesn't seem likely.)

Local LE approached my DIL when she first arrived at the crime scene and told her they had someone that could help access Holly's Facebook.....my DIL directed LE to talk to the lead crime scene investigator with all the info he had.....so I'm positive the Facebook has been gone over by LE.

thats what i said a bit back she called home he let her and he is leading them around. and that is Just my opinion

could be...

It certainly feels possible that LE is following tips, and some have really proven fruitful with items from Holly being discovered.

So...if that's possible... I'm wondering where these fruitful tips might be coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie