TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
In any number of ways. The reason I asked the question in such a general way is because I've tried to explore every possible way her medical training might be the key here, and I was curious to see what others had thought.

I've considered that perhaps Holly knew that someone in her class was involved in drugs, and was going to (or had) turned them in. I've wondered if she had maybe turned a professor for something. I've even thought about the possibility that someone injured another person in the commission of a crime (or an accident where they were at fault), and needed medical assistance from HB because they couldn't risk seeking medical help from a doctor. You name it, I've thought it.

None of those scenario's rang true to me, UNLESS I added in the word "obsessed". An obsessed professor? Okay, I could see that. An obsessed student? Yep, I could see that too. But I started looking at this medical training angle as a way to step outside of my theory that whoever took her was obsessed with her, and try as I might...I just keep coming back to that.

Maybe I have tunnel vision. I don't know. :waitasec:

As a 20 year old LPN student, my guess is she has very little nursing experience, let alone medical training. Big difference in seeking help from an LPN student versus an MD, IMO.
She may have, through classes or clinical sites, come into contact with individuals who became obsessed with her. I can definitely see that. But I don't think it is because of her limited training and experience in nursing. JMOO since you asked what others think of this theory.

When you think about it, this has got to be so hard on local LE. Can you imagine?

TBI to Sherriff: So, can you give me a list of all the kids in the area you suspect use meth? Thank you. Oh, is this the dispatcher's nephew?

TBI to Sherriff: And can you give me a list of all the men who hang out to much at the adult book shops? Thank you. Oh, is this your brother's name?

TBI to Sherrif: Can you give us a list of any kids that you think could be involved in cult activity? Thank you. Oh, is this Detective Smith's daughter?

:(

I feel for these guys. Hopefully, any lists they must provide are very very short.

JMHO :cow:

I am so hoping that something breaks open on this one soon as my frustration level has reached the limit. Though I'm sure with all of this terrible weather in the region the recoveries, rescues and aid to the victims of the weather are taking a huge toll on all of the forces too.

As a 20 year old LPN student, my guess is she has very little nursing experience, let alone medical training. Big difference in seeking help from an LPN student versus an MD, IMO.
She may have, through classes or clinical sites, come into contact with individuals who became obsessed with her. I can definitely see that. But I don't think it is because of her limited training and experience in nursing. JMOO since you asked what others think of this theory.

Well, it's not a theory. I'm really just trying to eliminate other possibilities besides the one that IS my theory, which is that this was done by an obsessed/unbalanced kid.

But I see your point. :)

We were discussing all of the ways Holly could have come into contact with an abductor:

school
hospital/clinic settings
church/Bible camps/retreats
church
internet
horseback riding
hunting events
stores

what else did we say?

We were discussing all of the ways Holly could have come into contact an abductor:

school
hospital/clinic settings
church
internet
horseback riding
hunting events
stores

what else did we say?

Through friends or family?

ETA: Internet. Geez, I can't believe that never even crossed my mind.

This is MOO, but I really think TBI must have a vewwy vewwy good reason for not releasing those 911 calls. And I find it even more intriguing that they woen't even identify who made the other call. Only that it was a woman. Now clearly, they have their reasons for keeping that to themselves. I can't imagine why they wouldn't admit it if it was the Mom who called. So I begin to think the caller or the call must be more interesting than that. Either the call came from Holly herself, someone that hasn't yet been identified as a witness to something or perhaps the "neighbor" not only heard the scream but also saw something they don't want released yet.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about that angle. Thanks,

I couldn't remember where I heard this so I searched around and believe it's just a rumor on another forum which I don't think we're allowed to link to and maybe not even discuss.

But my personal opinion comes from thinking like a mom....okay mom hat -- says my 25 year old is glancing out the window and sees Holly walking off into woods with boyfriend. My 25 year old would call me at work to narc on his sister skipping school to go turkey hunting....so he would call me and I would say to him....she's got a test today...go out and find out what in the world she's doing skipping school. My 25 year old would go out, somehow see the blood and call me back with that info. I would tell him to call 911 and hang up and the call 911 myself. I have no idea if that's what happened, but thats what I would do in that situation.

LE has not confirmed who the second 911 call camr from, but Kristen Helms says not a neighbor, then who else??

Well, it's not a theory. I'm really just trying to eliminate other possibilities besides the one that IS my theory, which is that this was done by an obsessed/unbalanced kid.

But I see your point. :)

When thinking about a medical connection, the thing that comes to mind is if Holly was in her clinicals and saw someone steal pain meds and that person is involved in selling them. That person could be any level involved in the medical field with access to the meds.

We were discussing all of the ways Holly could have come into contact with an abductor:

school
hospital/clinic settings
church
internet
horseback riding
hunting events
stores

what else did we say?

movies
restraunts
someones house?
a party

How exactly was it ever determined that the person CB saw walking into the woods with HB wasn't her boyfriend? Did he think it was her boyfriend right up until the point he saw blood on the carport and THEN decided it couldn't have been him?

That part has never really been clear to me. Anyone know the answer?

:seeya:
Ok here is a top view of the house. I found this in Photobucket. It wasnt private or anything

http://media.photobucket.com/image/holly bobo/crankycrankerson/Holly Bobo -TN-/41711home2.jpg?o=185

Now, when Clint saw them going into the woods was it the thin line of trees immediately around the house (where you could have a car or truck) or the woods woods that are some distance beyond and not totally visible here.

Carla when yya look at that pic there is a road ya see it to the left of the pool and follows all the way to that white truck , It looks to me like it keeps on going ... i wonde rwhere tooo

:seeya:

Carla when yya look at that pic there is a road ya see it to the left of the pool and follows all the way to that white truck , It looks to me like it keeps on going ... i wonde rwhere tooo

I assume its the long drive way/road leading to the house with the mail box at the other end

Ok here is a top view of the house. I found this in Photobucket. It wasnt private or anything

http://media.photobucket.com/image/holly bobo/crankycrankerson/Holly Bobo -TN-/41711home2.jpg?o=185

Now, when Clint saw them going into the woods was it the thin line of trees immediately around the house (where you could have a car or truck) or the woods woods that are some distance beyond and not totally visible here.

I don't see the "car port" in the picture. I believe its down further past the swimming pool. I think the area that CB saw them was around the car port.

Sorry about my typing peeps but i lost the feeling in my left hand and i sometimes dont hit the keys right...

Can ya believe it i had shingles after having been put in the hosp for an appendectomy. I was soooooo sick and from the appendix i got shingles on my arm and lost all feeling.

Oh man I hear shingles suck. I had an appendectomy last year. That wasnt too bad I guess. I hope they go away soon.

How exactly was it ever determined that the person CB saw walking into the woods with HB wasn't her boyfriend? Did he think it was her boyfriend right up until the point he saw blood on the carport and THEN decided it couldn't have been him?

That part has never really been clear to me. Anyone know the answer?

LE has been very tight lipped about this whole case. There really hasn't been any concrete statement about what CB stated to the 911 operator or what his initial statement to LE was. All that LE would say is that he wasn't alarmed to see her walking towards the woods with a man in camo because he thought it was her bf. However, LE's description of this "man" doesn't really match the bf, and is pretty vague. :waitasec:

Has anyone suggested this already...?

My friend is a big hunter and though he lives out of state now, he still comes home to hunt. When he's back, he goes all over the place as invited. He grew up hunting, farming, working, and partying all around our rural wooded hometown (not TN), and he knows the land very well. He's only one of a large number of people I would say fit this description. There are lots of guys (and women too) who live in other nearby cities and towns and they often come home to visit or hunt or hang out.

Could this be someone like that, someone who is a 'hometown' guy, who comes back to hunt and visit and hang out and see friends and family but always goes home to where he lives and works now? If it was someone who people were used to seeing often but not in any set pattern, and are used to seeing his vehicle around, they might not remark on it. Yet his contacts in his 'new' town would also not remark on any absences or cleaning his car out or selling his car or whatever, especially if he is the last person they would expect to do something like this or if it is a large city and people don't know him well.

Does that make sense? I would just be trying to think if there is anyone like that, someone who has some link, however faint, to HB or the family...

I assume its the long drive way/road leading to the house with the mail box at the other end

i think that road is the one that goes around to the pool i wish we could see if it goes bACK to that drive way. to me it looks like it goes right into the woods

I need a new avatar im sick of that cat lol

All i see is grass on the right...

I wonder if the kidnapper came up from the road in front of the house or if he came from around the back of the house when she walked out the door?

I also wonder if any of those families out in that rural area had reported any window peepers recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong