TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a vehicle was used, with the items scattered all over the place...and then possibly right onto the interstate.

I think a vehicle was used, with the items scattered all over the place...and then possibly right onto the interstate.

It was fast into the vehicle, I have to agree with that, based on what little we can put together given the 7:30 AM - 7:59 AM window from "abduction" to LE arrival at the residence.

The window's smaller than that if CB took time to run around the property and realize they were gone at, say, 7:40.

There might have been confusion though, with CB thinking for part of the time that Holly was with BF and must have gone in BF's car - he may not have thought of heading for the woods on foot...

:confused:
This is MOO, but I really think TBI must have a vewwy vewwy good reason for not releasing those 911 calls. And I find it even more intriguing that they woen't even identify who made the other call. Only that it was a woman. Now clearly, they have their reasons for keeping that to themselves. I can't imagine why they wouldn't admit it if it was the Mom who called. So I begin to think the caller or the call must be more interesting than that. Either the call came from Holly herself, someone that hasn't yet been identified as a witness to something or perhaps the "neighbor" not only heard the scream but also saw something they don't want released yet.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts about that angle. Thanks,

I wonder if HB did make the call, and that is why her phone was found. It was threw away because she got caught making a phone call. Hmmm :confused:

was just talking to a buddy in law enforcement that has absolutely no connection to this case at all, whatsoever and is in an entirely different state.

But his point was interesting that in some cases especially in rural areas the reason things are kept quiet by agencies like the TBI, CBI, State Police/AG is because they aren't just trying to keep information from suspects but also from local enforcement/authorities etc.

When I was younger a friend of mine crashed a car and someone we all knew and loved died in the accident. We all knew the real story behind the accident as we were there but magically the richest and most connected family in town had all the records vanish from the hospital for the driver. They were "lost" so there was no way of convicting the driver of doing what this person was doing. Instead the families of the victims were paid and the driver got a few years probation. I remember there being a lot of anger at the time.

I wonder if something along those lines is in play here on either a religious angle, local authorities and what not.

Wow, I think that makes a HUGE amount of sense. Not that I think local authorities are involved, but they might be more apt to cave in to pressure from a locally powerful family.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned ( I read all the threads, but with all the info its hard to keep track) but from what I've googled :rocker:,
911 calls in TN are public record. They are trying to pass a law to seal them, but I didn't find anything that stated it had been passed. Does anyone know if this is true? If so, how can LE deny access to them?

ETA: Found an article that it "passed" on 4/21/11. 911 calls are still public record BUT only with the written consent of the person making the call (in this case the brother).

http://www.purplelawfirm.com/blog_n...nate-votes-to-prevent-broadcast-of-911-calls/

So, that would mean the 911 call would be public record since she was taken before that. Or am I wrong on that??

So, that would mean the 911 call would be public record since she was taken before that. Or am I wrong on that??

it has not passe yet! they are trying to stop the actual calls from being released , but the written transcript can still be released!

this was done way before she went missing it has nothing to do with her calls.

I wish all missing person cases received this much attention I believe strongly sometimes no news is good news in that she may be alive since no remains have been located. I hope it turns out okay and my heart also goes out to the family

school
hospital/clinic settings
church/Bible camps/retreats
church
internet
horseback riding
hunting events
stores

what else did we say?[/QUOTE]

Don't know if this was one, but what about someone she rode quads with or ran into while riding? I saw somewhere she liked riding four wheelers. I think it may have been on her FB.

school
hospital/clinic settings
church/Bible camps/retreats
church
internet
horseback riding
hunting events
stores

what else did we say?

Don't know if this was one, but what about someone she rode quads with or ran into while riding? I saw somewhere she liked riding four wheelers. I think it may have been on her FB.[/QUOTE]

You missed neighbors

You seem to have read a great deal into my post that was just not there.

But if you're happy to do that, I'm happy to let you.

Who needs a free press anyway, eh? Just let us trust in authority.

My apologies if I misunderstood you. I read your post as being frustrated by the lack of information having been released by TBI and relating that to transparency in government. And being disappointed that the press had not pushed the TBI harder. I'm happy to read a clarification if you would care to help me out. :)

And in case you misunderstood me, as well, I am ferociously for a free press. I just don't think they hold themselves accountable enough to get the story right instead of getting it first. The press have gotten a great deal of this story wrong from the beginning. For example, I'm not sure if CBS ever took down their story about the phone, camo and car with warm engine. Ergo my example about dogs chasing a bone. Not sure what that has to do with a free press or trusting authority. I'm a bit of a rebel for sure. :truce:

"Two weeks into an investigation you begin to have questions answered that initially are a mystery," said Helm, who did not confirm published reports of a suspect or suspects in the case. "So the investigation begins to narrow when questions are answered and the results of forensic evidence are turned in to investigators."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/28/us-bobo-tennessee-weather-idUSTRE73R7C020110428

It would be so nice to have 'question's answered' ... let's hope the answers come out soon and Holly is found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member