TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Decatur county is online other than a single page that explains their staff of less than 10 people. I did find a searchable data of public records, which includes jail and inmate records, but you have to know who you are looking for. You can't just ask it who was arrested on dates x,y and z. Darn it. Plus, Henderson county is offline.

http://www.decaturcountytn.org/sheriffs_dept.asp
https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=43000

Thank you Masked. Yes I looked also and found the same thing. Some counties have a day to day listing of who is arrested. But didn't find anything like that in Dacatur. :(

Thanks grandmaj:) Wish I knew how to find records, I wonder if Holly surprised him while he was going to break in?

My gut feeling is no. Burglars don't want to encounter anyone. They just want your stuff. If she had surprised a burglar in the yard, I doubt they would have engaged her and kidnapped her. Home invasions are fast and violent and usually occur at night or on weekends when people are home. BUT, if they came there to do that, I think they would have forced her into the house. Holly would have been found at the house, along with her brother, one way or the other.

Thank you Masked. Yes I looked also and found the same thing. Some counties have a day to day listing of who is arrested. But didn't find anything like that in Dacatur. :(

Around here also the local newspapers post a crime page with more serious arrests throughout the counties. Not sure if its weekly, monthly etc.

Good Friday everyone. Have read and caught up with past few days' posts and so many different thoughts and possibilities were covered. I find myself doing the "no official facts dance" - twirrlee round and round. I read about a named possible perp and think... yes!! that's it. Then I read about a different one and say... Yes!! that's it. LE just has not confirmed or denied much of anything - and maybe for good reason - but it is frustrating for us trying to figure what happened and somehow in that process locate Holly. Early on I had so much positive hope that she would be found and rescued; the volunteers outpouring was heartwarming. As time passes with no named suspect, no Holly and no official release of information + coupled with calling off mass searches - things look dim. However, I am holding HOPE that Holly will be found alive - until that time that I learn differently through recovery.
I'm proud of WS's ethics, for the mods who keep things on the straight-up, and for there being so many caring and dedicated W Sleuthers. I feel very confident that LE knows much more than they are saying and that much is going on that we don't know. Somewhere in all those "tips" (and yes maybe even in all those rumors) is the kernel of evidence that will bring resolution. We just need to keep turning over rocks and hearing each other's ideas, opinions and theories. Now, lets see what can be learned about this guy being held in custody. Where does he really live? Wife and kids? Job?
Sleuth On!!

The really weird thing is that aside from a presumed kidnapping/abduction we dont really know what crime has been committed here. With so little news out we can't say its an assualt (physical or sexual), etc. Just someone is missing and assumed to have been taken (as opposed to running away). But thats it. Aparently no robbery, burglary, etc. Just someone missing.

I'm wondering if those sites aren't down because of the weather/flooding, or people preparing?

Also- I think the FBI believes that a crime has been committed here.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

They don't tend to define someone missing as a kidnapping, and offer a reward- without good evidence of a crime occuring. IMO.

I'm wondering if those sites aren't down because of the weather/flooding, or people preparing?

Also- I think the FBI believes that a crime has been committed here.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

They don't tend to define someone missing as a kidnapping, and offer a reward- without good evidence of a crime occuring. IMO.

Well yeah thats just what I said. Aside from the kidnapping/abduction we dont know what (else/other) kinds of crimes this can be. For example... no known ransom note so its not a kidnapping for money. No secondary crime scene like where someone was murdered (so not necessarily a murder) etc. Just that she is missing and presumed to be abducted. But thats it.

Yes good job! The rumor mill goes round and round and if we can accomplish nothing more but keeping it real as we look at these cases, we have accomplished quite a bit.

Even when and if we have disagreements on cases, I like that this place mostly runs on "Facts".

I understand what you're saying.

I think the FBI must have some knowledge of other crimes being significantly related to Holly's case; otherwise her case would not be categorized as a kidnapping.

Well yeah thats just what I said. Aside from the kidnapping/abduction we dont know what (else/other) kinds of crimes this can be. For example... no known ransom note so its not a kidnapping for money. No secondary crime scene like where someone was murdered (so not necessarily a murder) etc. Just that she is missing and presumed to be abducted. But thats it.

Unfortunately, I suspect that there is a secondary crime scene. It just hasn't been located yet.

I don't think Decatur county is online other than a single page that explains their staff of less than 10 people. I did find a searchable data of public records, which includes jail and inmate records, but you have to know who you are looking for. You can't just ask it who was arrested on dates x,y and z. Darn it. Plus, Henderson county is offline.

http://www.decaturcountytn.org/sheriffs_dept.asp
https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=43000

decaturcountyonline.com is the online edition of the printed weekly Decatur County Chronicle. Where we live, we get a weekly paper once a week inserted in the larger daily newspaper that is specific to our town.
That being said, FWIW- I found these 2 items in their archives. It appears that they've been having a propblem with burglaries for at least a year.

http://decaturcountyonline.com/article.asp?acat=1&archive=yes&art=1683

http://decaturcountyonline.com/article.asp?acat=1&archive=yes&art=1522

Unfortunately, I suspect that there is a secondary crime scene. It just hasn't been located yet.

Oh I agree too. But we know knothing... nada... zilch.

We know various items and things have been found. But aside from blood at the house (which has been tested but no results made public) and the lunch bag, thats about it. Various rumors and theories about phones, etc. are just that rumors. Even the big phone tip may may not be exactly true as some statements say no the easter find came from searches. So who knows. And the Easter find while described by a media member as a game changer, has been played down by LE who has said maybe not and it may not be related. With the "big" revision this week of the suspects description, I really am starting to doubt LE has much of an idea as to who the suspect is. Making someone 2 inches taller and 20 lbs heavier really doesnt do, say, or mean very much given the overall description is so vague.

Its really frustrating to have so little to work with.

I would have to agree with you to some extent, Rallihanna. I posted the links because I feel it gives a credible idea of the reason that the first account was a home invasion. It certainly appears that because of the purported meth problem ( not sure who posted the jacksonsun article-probably 5 threads back.) in the county, that is leading to other crimes as well :( It makes me sad because the majority of the citizens are obviously spiritual, kind,upstanding people.

I don't even get why they would put this out there for the public? Do they have to according to law?

To me it seems like they are saying, "Hey if you are operating an unlicensed or unsafe vehicle we'll be looking for you at US 641 in Benton."

Gee...let's see....how many people that are unlicensed are going to take that route today, unless they are totally dense.

Sorry to be so cynical, but I do not get it.

Didn't the Examiner article say Nickell lived at 1815 Liberty Church Rd.? That is just off US 641.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...n-3-week-wrap-up-we-re-not-giving-up-on-holly

Attachments

• road.jpg
    road.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 9
By looking at the FBI site, it appears that a kidnapping has to be witnessed. Holly is listed as "kidnapped" while Kyron Horman is listed as "missing." Even Lindsey Baum and Haleigh Cummings are listed as missing, and Hailey Dunn, not listed at all. I wonder how they decide who they will list.

With no facts coming in I guess we can rule out robbery and home invasion. I am with Carly. The LE gives anyone few facts to go on and I don't believe they know who or where this person is.

Roadblocks were set up way too late in my opinion. Has the FBI been called in yet? If not, does this mean that they believe she is still in TN?

"Mapquest shows that the distance between Nickell's residence and the Bobo residence is 21.59 miles via one route, and 25.33 miles another. One local said a person familiar with the woods between the two properties could make it from the Bobo home to the Nickell residence within about 15 minutes."

unless i am missing something (like that there is a wormhole in those woods) there is no way anyone could travel through woods even in a straight line between these two locations and do it in 15 minutes.

isnt it 15-17 miles as the crow flies between these two properties?

per google that correct.

That why I wonde who was local who said that because not evening knowing the area it don't seem possible:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans