TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly's FB is private and thus cannot be discussed here, if not open to all to see.

The support/bash FB's do not meet our criteria for FB as spelled out in our rules and thus not to be discussed here.

Bump...

Assuming the perp is local, let's take a look at the numbers.

According to the 2000 Census, there were 11,731 people living in Dacatur County, TN. 48.6% were men = 5,701. Assuming the perp age is 20-45 (31.6%), the number drops to 1,801. That is the number of potential suspects assuming the perp is a local male between the ages of 20 and 45.

If everone of them is a suspect, I wonder how fast LE and eliminate the other 1,800 to find the 1?

According to the 2000 Census, there were 11,731 people living in Dacatur County, TN. 48.6% were men = 5,701. Assuming the perp age is 20-45 (31.6%), the number drops to 1,801. That is the number of potential suspects assuming the perp is a local male between the ages of 20 and 45.

If everone of them is a suspect, I wonder how fast LE and eliminate the other 1,800 to find the 1?

Unfortunately, we may have to wait until he slips up, becomes careless, brags, or runs his mouth to the wrong person. Worst case scenario: until he strikes again.

That's what I have been saying since the beginning. This is no passing-by stranger kidnapping another stranger. Start with all family acquaintances then move wider to town residents and work on their alibis.

Finding smoking gun clues in the woods is a pipe dream.

... not that I am saying this is what LE is doing in this case. I think because LE is so tight-lipped, the media has nothing else but the wood searches to talk about.

you cant find it because its one of those dubious pages we can not link to. Its not hard to find on FB.

Thank you. I have been searching but have yet to find the "owner" of this page. I apologize for posting info from it. I didn't realize that it probably isn't correct as it is not verified from LE.

Hoping they find her soon!

Did anyone catch the show that the "family spokesperson" was supposed to be on yesterday/last night? If so, can you update?

Sadly, I think she passed on that Wenesday.

This is why experts say you should never go to a second location with a person or persons; once they take you to a second location that's it.

I kinda tend to agree with that now... a month later. When the story first broke I held out hope but now not so much. On the other hand, as a violent crime survivor, I think given a lot of alternatives, a quick ending on the first day is a lot better than possible alternative drawn out but equally grim endings.

I kinda tend to agree with that now... a month later. When the story first broke I held out hope but now not so much. On the other hand, as a violent crime survivor, I think given a lot of alternatives, a quick ending on the first day is a lot better than possible alternative drawn out but equally grim endings.

I don't have much hope either for Holly but you should never give up completely.

The story of Al & Rita Chretien is a great example of that. They were last seen on March 19th in Idaho and Rita was found alive 7 weeks later in the van stuck in the mud in Northern Nevada.

Never give up hope!

I am sure that when interviewing the brother and hearing his description of exactly what he observed, they came to the conclusion that she did not appear to be struggling or fighting the guy, so either she was walking along with him willingly or she was somehow being forced to go along with the guy. That would lead them to assume that she either knew him, or was afraid for her life, and perhaps he was holding a weapon of some kind in front so the brother could not see it. The brother could have said that it looked as if she was being forcibly led, but not necessarily dragged.
She is apparently a petite young woman... I would say that if a 6 ft., 200 lb. guy had a good grip on her upper arm, and was at the same time either pointing a knife to her chest or stomach, and telling her not to fight back, she very definitely was in fear of her life at that point. JMO.

LE's statement regarding Holly walking on her own in fear of her life - was made to clarify previous statements.

blood in carport - walked on her own, led by her arm - in fear of her life - towards woods - camo - approximate size of abductor - someone who was familiar with Holly's schedule - someone who laid in wait - someone in the local community - scream - kidnapped - mass volunteer searches - duct tape with blond hair - lunchbox in creek - request for tips - watch for vehicle cleaning - ATV or car - remember cars parked in area - FBI kidnapped poster - found more of thinks linked to Holly scattered roadside - significant Easter find - narrowing investigation - eliminating POIs - no didn't say that - investigation has narrowed - have no POIs - parents try to thank volunteers in person - selective searches by LE - info republished on other cases to consider - still taking tips and following up on them - volunteer searches discontinued - parents write statement of thanks - investigation scaled back - FBI, TBI teams remain in area on case - RSO in custody

no warnings to public. nothing but vague suspect description. no vehicle description. no request for additional tips in a week. no national campaign using TV shows, etc.

It must be that Holly's parents & LE really don't need to tell the public anything else other than the above ...

Not a criticism - just the way it is. So we're left to wonder why this is the way it is... What does LE know, what does the family know - that they are able to work on this case silently?

I hope LE is working all over this guy like peanut butter on wonder bread. I can't figure any other way to be hopeful about this case. :cow:

:praying: for Holly & her family & LE on this one month anniversary.

LE's statement regarding Holly walking on her own in fear of her life - was made to clarify previous statements.

blood in carport - walked on her own, led by her arm - in fear of her life - towards woods - camo - approximate size of abductor - someone who was familiar with Holly's schedule - someone who laid in wait - someone in the local community - scream - kidnapped - mass volunteer searches - duct tape with blond hair - lunchbox in creek - request for tips - watch for vehicle cleaning - ATV or car - remember cars parked in area - FBI kidnapped poster - found more of thinks linked to Holly scattered roadside - significant Easter find - narrowing investigation - eliminating POIs - no didn't say that - investigation has narrowed - have no POIs - parents try to thank volunteers in person - selective searches by LE - info republished on other cases to consider - still taking tips and following up on them - volunteer searches discontinued - parents write statement of thanks - investigation scaled back - FBI, TBI teams remain in area on case - RSO in custody

no warnings to public. nothing but vague suspect description. no vehicle description. no request for additional tips in a week. no national campaign using TV shows, etc.

It must be that Holly's parents & LE really don't need to tell the public anything else other than the above ...

Not a criticism - just the way it is. So we're left to wonder why this is the way it is... What does LE know, what does the family know - that they are able to work on this case silently?

I hope LE is working all over this guy like peanut butter on wonder bread. I can't figure any other way to be hopeful about this case. :cow:

:praying: for Holly & her family & LE on this one month anniversary.

Well done! add to your list - no request by LE for anyone who may have seen HB in day(s) before to come forward. As if LE knows everyone, every place she had been... - strange

Well done! add to your list - no request by LE for anyone who may have seen HB in day(s) before to come forward. As if LE knows everyone, every place she had been... - strange

Even if LE has a suspect and knows where and when he saw/interacted with Holly...wouldn't LE want witnesses who also saw her, for case-building purposes? If Holly is not found, all possible evidence will be needed and again, memories do not improve over time. Are they at a place in this case where they do not need anything at all from the public, not even the chance to remind people daily that she is still missing and to describe the items we are still looking for?

I am still frsutrated from Kyron's case that is has been probably 7-8 months since LE made a point of showing his clothing. Why not do that regularly? Most people don't remember the way we do here. :(

Even if LE has a suspect and knows where and when he saw/interacted with Holly...wouldn't LE want witnesses who also saw her, for case-building purposes? If Holly is not found, all possible evidence will be needed and again, memories do not improve over time. Are they at a place in this case where they do not need anything at all from the public, not even the chance to remind people daily that she is still missing and to describe the items we are still looking for?

I am still frsutrated from Kyron's case that is has been probably 7-8 months since LE made a point of showing his clothing. Why not do that regularly? Most people don't remember the way we do here. :(

I assume after 8 months he is either dead and the clothing would be of less importance, or if he is alive he wouldnt be wearing the same clothing.

But funny you mention him. I live in Florida and they have his picture up inside Wal Mart on their missing kids board. I thought it was cool that they didn't handle just local kids.

I assume after 8 months he is either dead and the clothing would be of less importance, or if he is alive he wouldnt be wearing the same clothing.

But funny you mention him. I live in Florida and they have his picture up inside Wal Mart on their missing kids board. I thought it was cool that they didn't handle just local kids.

Well, if someone comes across a black CSI t-shirt, the place they find it is pretty important since he has not been found. And I doubt very many people even remember that it is black, and would likely be little more than black cotton strips of cloth by now. LE has said they have yet to find ANY physical evidence of him, so I think finding his clothes would be vital.

True, we know none of the things you listed.

But, I disagree when it comes to LE, and what they do or do not know. As for the part regarding a parent in this situation following the advice of LE, and if it's in their best interest or not...I strongly disagree. Too much time has passed for that, plain and simple. In the beginning, yes. Now? No. What LE has been doing aint' workin'. Time for another approach. IMO.

Please pardon the length of my post. I made it as brief as I could and still get there. :)

If they still have no idea what happened to Holly, no leads, and no suspects, then I agree this extended silence from all parties no longer makes sense. But, respectfully, I think we don't give LE enough credit most of the time. So often, in online discussions of cases, I see endless posts about why aren't the police doing this and why aren't they doing that. Then, lo and behold, we later learn that those things generally have been done.

So, to quote Anne Osborne from The Big Easy "Why don't we look at this another way." If we work backward from what we see and know, then ask ourselves what scenario makes the most sense, I think it begins to look a little differently.

First, let's assume for a minute that the diligent legwork that should be done is, indeed, being done. I am confident if LE thought there was even a remote possibility that some sort of serial predator is running amok in Decatur County, they would tell people to exercise caution until her abductor was located. Otherwise, the family of this person's next victim has a big fat lawsuit against the TBI. And I'm sure the TBI knows that.

So, we have legwork being done. Leads being followed. The family is very quiet. LE is very quiet. They have said all along this was a targeted attack, directed specifically at Holly. They have said nothing to indicate their position has altered and, even if we don't always agree on exactly how it went down, I think most posters here agree that Holly was specifically the target.

We have no new searches, indicating there is no longer an urgent, driving, need to locate Holly before she comes to harm. We know that LE has some evidence they are not disclosing. And once they found this evidence, they made one last push and then the searches stopped. I have some ideas about that but they are upsetting to me so I'll keep them to myself for now.

We also have a family that is not out there continuing to ask for more searches. Assuming Holly's family loves her as much as the rest of us love our children, I think there must be some reason for this, even if we don't know what it is.

To me, this scenarios suggests that LE has reason to believe that Holly is dead, they have strong suspects but not enough evidence to find her or make an arrest, and they are doggedly trying to locate her body and bring her killer/s to justice.

Moo and thanks for tolerating this lengthy post.

Consider that LE has many open cases at any given time and cannot continually make public releases that they are still working the case and if you know anything to contact them. In this case, it is a small community that has been exurberant in their support to find Holly. They are well aware that she is still missing and the investigation continues. I think the case has now entered the phase where specific people (public) may be asked about information related to the case.

I know it gets frustrating to wait out the process that many times takes longer than sooner. All silence is not deafening and all communication is not productive to the process.

Consider that LE has many open cases at any given time and cannot continually make public releases that they are still working the case and if you know anything to contact them. In this case, it is a small community that has been exurberant in their support to find Holly. They are well aware that she is still missing and the investigation continues. I think the case has now entered the phase where specific people (public) may be asked about information related to the case.

I know it gets frustrating to wait out the process that many times takes longer than sooner. All silence is not deafening and all communication is not productive to the process.

I have been qualifying my statements all week with if they have a suspect and are working on that part of the case, fine, stay quiet. But if they don't have one, I am a bit baffled-not impatient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy