TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't hurt to send emails to the media and ask them why they are not pressuring LE for updates...might not help, but it can't hurt.

I know if I lived in the community, I would be pressuring the media and/or LE for some sort of information or a PC.

That is what is so unusual-MOO- you would think that if LE in reality has no suspects,that they would be warning the community. It defies logic,unless they truly know who did this.

Re: The baby reported missing yesterday (Jalee Grace Fryar)....The news just reported the mother (Shauna Marie Fryar) was found dead. The baby has still not been found.

How horrible! I don't see a thread for her little missing baby.

I believe she was missing less time than Holly...so the remarks about how long the body was in the water really have no bearing, as far as trying to determine who a person is, if true. I think I read May 1st?

That is what is so unusual-MOO- you would think that if LE in reality has no suspects,that they would be warning the community. It defies logic,unless they truly know who did this.

What would be the warning to the community?

How horrible! I don't see a thread for her little missing baby.

yeah i was just coming back after looking for a thread about the baby and i couldnt find one either.

i wanted to make sure nobody thought my post seemed cold, ie its not holly and i didnt care who it was. i was immediately going to make a post on a thread for the missing mother or baby.

its pretty sad all around, but especially because this does not bode well for a happy resolution to the baby being found. :(

What would be the warning to the community?

My own experience? The fact that it happened at all is warning enough. I believe everybody in the community is in "lock and load" mode...and whether he's 5'8" or 6'1", 200 or 220 lbs, you'd have to be an idiot to be acting in ANY suspicious manner these days.

Thoughts and prayers going out to the family of Jalee and Shauna Fryar tonight. :(

Well, I hate to judge people's actions in situations that I can't imagine being in. I would not judge privacy as to "sit by and do nothing". I don't know that there is a right answer to how best respond in a situation like this. What is the purpose, at this stage, of crying on Nancy Grace Show? To prove you are a concerned parent, as if you owe that to us? How many perps give up a victim out of pity on the family?

The purpose is to keep your loved ones story fresh and in the minds of people, and on the front burner of LE. And, to be quite frank to make your childs case stick out so much that people in higher places, and with more power and resources step in to see what they can do to help.

As for how many perps give up a victim out of pity on the family? I would venture to say, not many. So, again the question becomes...how is silence better?

IMO, silence only helps the perp at this point. It helps him to think and re-think his crime, and make sure he's covered everything. It helps him to move a body, if there is one, to someplace that would make it more difficult to find than it already is. It helps him fall off the radar of people who might otherwise be watching him like a hawk. JMO.

In contrast, speaking out might draw the attention of someone who has been there, John Walsh, Mark Klauss, Sharon Rocha, etc. That's a short list (and there are many more) of people who could likely put you in touch with resources like private investigators, and people of influence who can help get the ball rolling in a new direction.

And,...the last thing I'll say on the matter. If I'm the victim of a kidnapping, holed up in a room with nothing but a bed and maybe a TV, I want to know and SEE that my family is STILL looking for me. And, I would need that hope, and want desperately to see that connection back to what my life was like before the nightmare began.

The purpose is to keep your loved ones story fresh and in the minds of people, and on the front burner of LE. And, to be quite frank to make your childs case stick out so much that people in higher places, and with more power and resources step in to see what they can do to help.

As for how many perps give up a victim out of pity on the family? I would venture to say, not many. So, again the question becomes...how is silence better?

IMO, silence only helps the perp at this point. It helps him to think and re-think his crime, and make sure he's covered everything. It helps him to move a body, if there is one, to someplace that would make it more difficult to find than it already is. It helps him fall off the radar of people who might otherwise be watching him like a hawk. JMO.

In contrast, speaking out might draw the attention of someone who has been there, John Walsh, Mark Klauss, Sharon Rocha, etc. That's a short list (and there are many more) of people who could likely put you in touch with resources like private investigators, and people of influence who can help get the ball rolling in a new direction.

And,...the last thing I'll say on the matter. If I'm the victim of a kidnapping, holed up in a room with nothing but a bed and maybe a TV, I want to know and SEE that my family is STILL looking for me. And, I would need that hope, and want desperately to see that connection back to what my life was like before the nightmare began.

Thanks for your reply. The TBI and the Governor of TN are involved. How many cases do you hear of a Governor posting a $50K reward? That is pretty "higher up". I don't think we want PIs stepping in on an active case. I doubt the perp has her watching TV news channels (that just seems odd to me) and I doubt that she would have any doubt of her family's love that a public appearance would change. I guess we just see it differently.

i cant think of any reason why this isnt ok to ask, so hopefully it is...

is there any chance the TBI would respond to the following two questions, lets say if someone like will nunley were to ask them?

1 - could they expand at all on the reason they have chosen to release so little information? nothing specific, nothing that interferes with the case, but just maybe a confirmation that it is due to some specific factors in this case, and not just a general strategy.

2 - could they issue a press release that contains all current information that they are able to confirm and release about the case? possibly mention all the speculation about certain individuals, float the idea that putting this story back on page one even if it isnt with any new information might help to shake something loose from the public, or even just mention that it has been some time since there has been any news.

i dont know anything about how news reporters interact with LE officials, would those questions just be ignored? they seem like really rational, possibly helpful questions to me.

but i really have no idea what im talking about, so you have to consider that i guess... ;)

Interesting thought. My son is in LE and he said that dealing with the media is one of the hardest aspects of his job. Reporters are pushy sometimes, and not always careful about getting the facts straight. He has had reporters call him at home on his day off, wanting information on something that is going on.
I do feel that they are communicating with the family, or I hope they are, but there is probably nothing new they can tell the public at this point, until someone is arrested or Holly is found.

If LE does not need the public's help, that is fine. They are not required to ask for it, or to keep the public informed, as long as they are not knowingly putting anyone else in danger.

But if they don't have a suspect, and want people to be thinking about who might have done this, always better to keep after people, as memories will not improve over time. It won't help for LE to come out in another month and ask people to try to remember where they were on April 12-13th, if they saw Holly, if they saw any strange cars around town, etc...those types of questions need to be asked ASAP and every day thereafter, if they are not following a serious lead already.

Since they are not doing any of this and only asked the public to think about car washing, etc. several weeks ago, I have to assume they are busy interviewing a good suspect. Nothing else would make sense to me.

my opinions only, no facts here:

The deafening silence of the authorities speaks loudly to me. Suppose that the investigators suspected early on that a crazed serial abductor was on the loose. There probably would have been every attempt to describe a suspect to the community as best as possible, as well as stern warnings to citizens every day to lock all doors, women should not go outside alone, etc. It seems possible to me that the police calculated early on that this is a one-time situation.

As for the original advice to the public that people should be on the lookout for someone who missed work, washed their vehicle excessively, changed their behavior- this would at first seem to fly in the face of my original statement, above. Instead, it may be a further clue to the overall situation. Let us say that the police have had someone in mind from fairly early on, but are looking for the vehicle used in this crime and/or a possible accomplice who helped conceal/transport evidence. Further, the cops desperately want to locate Holly (alive or not) to prevent this case from being circumstantial. If the vehicle or Holly is located, the authorites may be ready to make their move.

In a roundabout way-I'm saying that IMO, it looks to me as if LE knows who the <modsnip> is who did this or the media would be warning people in the county about home abductions and invasions..

Whoever the abductor was, you can bet he cased the Bobo property before the abduction and, most likely, went unnoticed. Did anyone see a car parked near the property before Holly disappeared? Has this been checked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla