TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locals posting here on Holly's thread were very helpful, IMO in terms of describing general community "feeling, mood, and observations". They never brought local rumors to Holly's thread. However, I felt they provided some course correction. And...in the end...actions speak louder than words...

so...it's been very curious to me that they -all- chose to bow out of the conversation here once the announcement was made that public volunteer searches were going to be suspended indefinitely.

There was mention that they grew weary of correcting speculation here that was not LE or family friendly. However, I can't help but think they had another very good reason for leaving the conversation when they did.

Are there any locals remaining on the thread? Have they expressed discontent with the investigation?

I don't think so, but I may have missed something in the past week or so...

FWIW... sometimes all we can do is bide our time and pray for Holly & her family to see justice and for LE's successful ongoing investigation.

:cow:

Locals posting here on Holly's thread were very helpful, IMO in terms of describing general community "feeling, mood, and observations". They never brought local rumors to Holly's thread. However, I felt they provided some course correction. And...in the end...actions speak louder than words...

so...it's been very curious to me that they -all- chose to bow out of the conversation here once the announcement was made that public volunteer searches were going to be suspended indefinitely.

There was mention that they grew weary of correcting speculation here that was not LE or family friendly. However, I can't help but think they had another very good reason for leaving the conversation when they did.

Are there any locals remaining on the thread? Have they expressed discontent with the investigation?

FWIW... sometimes all we can do is bide our time and pray for Holly & her family to see justice and for LE's successful ongoing investigation.

Emma, I miss them too. I (my opinion) think they found it just too hard to hang here when so many of us were being so negative. It seems to me that the majority of the community has really tried to keep a positive outlook. We sure can be hard here. Asking the hard questions sometimes feels cruel to the locals.... it wears me out too sometimes. I am sensitive about LE criticism! When a case goes on this long with no news we just get harder on 'em!!!
MOOoooooooooo

Part of my frustration is that after following so many cases, I know how quickly it can go from lots of activity, searching, reporting, etc. to silence. Only it usually does not happen quite this soon.

I guess it would be good to think LE has a handle on the case and needs nothing from the public at this point. I don't have blind faith in LE, just average faith. But if they don't have a suspect, I really have no idea what they are doing.

I personally think that is the reason they left. Some were very strong about the brother being involved. While I don't and never have believed that is the case, I do think it would be hard being a part of that family or a close enough friend to believe without a doubt that he had nothing to do with it and the go some place that people kept insinuating that they thought it was him. However, I do respect each persons opinion. I just think they might have been so close the speculation stunned and maybe hurt them?

I know you have good intent but we don't talk about other posters on the threads.

When there is no news it is always difficult to sit back and accept we don't have any facts, we don't know what is going on and then we begin the process of questioning LE, their motives, their experience, their training. Or the family. When in fact we have no clue about what LE is doing or the family for that matter.

Hopefully there will be news. In the meantime we have to give LE a little break here and look for other cases this may relate to, look at the arrests, and try to have patience.

I know you care and we all would love to see Holly come home. But we are in a place of stagnation until some news is released I fear.

heya grandmaj - are there any facebook pages that are ok to post quotes from here ? there is a very interesting recent piece of information on one of them that looks legit, but i have no idea if the page is ok to quote. it seems like a legitimate support site but idk for sure.

i will try to answer this for myself but if you see this and want me to PM you the link for approval/denial i can do that. either way i wont post it until i get an answer. thanx!

Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of hearing about the Anthony case on Nancy Grace? I feel bad for little Caylee but she is gone now. Nancy can help other families locate their missing loved ones but I am afraid she is going to cover the trial daily for months.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of hearing about the Anthony case on Nancy Grace? I feel bad for little Caylee but she is gone now. Nancy can help other families locate their missing loved ones but I am afraid she is going to cover the trial daily for months.

oh she most certainly is going to, and it will get people watching, and thats the name of the game.

I am not "local", but I am certainly in one of those "surrounding communities" that often get mentioned. A little different perspective, perhaps? We who live here have a vested interest in believing that our LEO are in the game, and as good, or better than LEO anywhere else. When this case slips into the distant memories of people (no matter the outcome), WE still have to live here and believe they are doing everything within their power to keep our families and communities safe.

Secondly, not knowing the abductor in this case is more than a little unnerving. After all that's been said, he/she could be living right next door. I was painfully reminded this week that this is a PUBLIC forum.

Given all the tags for the search engines, it wouldn't be difficult for ANYBODY to read and possibly deduce who it is that's actually posting here. You and I managed to find our way here, didn't we? Why would anybody risk inflaming this already violent person? You just never know what's going to set somebody off.

That's my two cents....

Originally posted by cluciano63
LE isn't talking; family isn't talking. I have to assume they have no need for help from the public and will sit back and await the reports of an arrest and the finding of Holly.

and...

If LE does not need the public's help, that is fine. They are not required to ask for it, or to keep the public informed, as long as they are not knowingly putting anyone else in danger.

But if they don't have a suspect, and want people to be thinking about who might have done this, always better to keep after people, as memories will not improve over time. It won't help for LE to come out in another month and ask people to try to remember where they were on April 12-13th, if they saw Holly, if they saw any strange cars around town, etc...those types of questions need to be asked ASAP and every day thereafter, if they are not following a serious lead already.

Since they are not doing any of this and only asked the public to think about car washing, etc. several weeks ago, I have to assume they are busy interviewing a good suspect. Nothing else would make sense to me.

Above BBM.. This is basically my feeling as well..

Just as I believe most of us here feel similarly in that we do not expect as the public anything be told and/or released to us so long as we the public are not in any danger..As well as we support and back LE and can do really nothing more but pray that they indeed are way ahead in this investigation and either already have the suspect in custody[of course on other charges]or they have the suspect identified and 24/7 surveilled soon closing in on the suspect..And the way I could see it being the latter that there is indeed a known and identified suspect who is full time under surveillance is that as has been seen in other cases LE is waiting it out to see if the suspect will lead them to where Holly is:(

If the situation is nothing similar to any of those above mentioned well..all I really can do is pray even harder..but I will say this.. Us, posters here at WS are far from the only people that are voicing concerns over these certain tactics presently being used in this case.. Not only are there other parents that have walked in the very shoes that the Bobo's are in due to their daughter being similarly abducted and remains found almost a year later...not only are they speaking out and reaching out to the Bobo's asking them to speak publicly[posted a link to one of the articles in Thread #22]..Not only are they speaking out but Federal Agents with decades of experience in this very type of case and in fact even worked as Fed Agent in abductions in this very area of Tennessee..they too are speaking out about their concerns of not involving the community..of them not taking full advantage of the communities willingness to help in any way possible: highlighting that one specific way LE should be using this entire community is of extreme importance and actually the very key to finding Holly Bobo and that is by asking them all to timeline out there entire past 30 days with great detail if they even so much as crossed paths with Holly somewhere in public..detail this as best you can about everything that was going on at that place, the specific time with which you crossed paths with her, and any other detail that you can possibly remember..This ties Holly down to very specific times and dates, very specific places, with specific ppl in and around Holly..He said this was imperative and key to solving this case and finding Holly..with great emphasis on not wasting another hour in getting this task off the ground and running at full pace[of course this was speaking a week into the case] The agent said that much is lost forever with the passage of time even when speaking within a matter of days the memory fades and loses key details of grave importance..In the article that is linked to in several posts in Thread #22 this Federal Agent says multiple times throughout the article that this tactic is key in locating Holly and resolving the case with greater emphasis on time is of the essence and frankly not on their side in the least..The more time ticked away on the clock without forward movement the lower the percentage number drops indicative of the chances that Holly is brought home alive..

These are the things that I believe that are what is of great concern to many of us[again by far not just a few Websleuthers..but ppl who know and have a heckuva a lot of experience with these exact circumstances].. It is quite obvious that this "key" to bringing Holly home wasn't implemented for whatever reasons..I just pray that those reasons are because LE is way ahead on this investigation and is actually close to bringing Holly home[one way or another]..

But just my opinion and nothing more..[except for the links and info that I referred to several times above]

I know, I feel sorry for the families of anyone who goes missing over the next few months who might otherwise have received some airtime...

Does anyone know the origins of the first news stories giving different descriptions of what happened that morning? "dragged into to the woods"..."led into to woods in fear for her life"... "then just "led into woods"

Was this news reporters mixing the story up? Or a police spokesman not getting the story right? Or the witness who last saw Holly changing the story while being questioned?

i looked into this earlier today, in the earliest stories on news sites, supposedly reporting what TBI investigators has said, you had;

brother and mother both home at time of abduction,
mother not home,

brother and mother called 911,
female 911 caller not identified,

holly dragged across carport and into woods, one report had her being carried into woods,
holly being led by the arm into woods, but clearly fearful, but no dragging,

holly abducted by a youngish looking white male in all camo,
abducted by 1 or 2 white males in all camo,
abducted by 1 male in all camo,

no evidence of any vehicle used in the area of the abduction,
please be aware of anyone washing/selling a car or atv,

all of the above things were reported on news sites and attributed to LE officials early on in the case. the only thing i have seen that clarifies any changes is along the lines of "initial miscommunication between witnesses and LE"

that is a whole heck of a lot of things for the media to get wrong, is it possible? i guess.
was it miscommunication between LE and witnesses or were those things initially said and then modified? we dont know.

i looked into this earlier today, in the earliest stories on news sites, supposedly reporting what TBI investigators has said, you had;

brother and mother both home at time of abduction,
mother not home,

brother and mother called 911,
female 911 caller not identified,

holly dragged across carport and into woods, one report had her being carried into woods,
holly being led by the arm into woods, but clearly fearful, but no dragging,

holly abducted by a youngish looking white male in all camo,
abducted by 1 or 2 white males in all camo,
abducted by 1 male in all camo,

no evidence of any vehicle used in the area of the abduction,
please be aware of anyone washing/selling a car or atv,

all of the above things were reported on news sites and attributed to LE officials early on in the case. the only thing i have seen that clarifies any changes is along the lines of "initial miscommunication between witnesses and LE"

that is a whole heck of a lot of things for the media to get wrong, is it possible? i guess.
was it miscommunication between LE and witnesses or were those things initially said and then modified? we dont know.

It wasn't miscommunication. It was NO communication.

New Find(?):
http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979313125

Seems the "search team" believes it is relevant, and trying to make sure it is not suppressed, but they dont say how they know it is relevant?!

If it is "real evidence"...stranger and stranger.

I know you have good intent but we don't talk about other posters on the threads.

When there is no news it is always difficult to sit back and accept we don't have any facts, we don't know what is going on and then we begin the process of questioning LE, their motives, their experience, their training. Or the family. When in fact we have no clue about what LE is doing or the family for that matter.

Hopefully there will be news. In the meantime we have to give LE a little break here and look for other cases this may relate to, look at the arrests, and try to have patience.

I know you care and we all would love to see Holly come home. But we are in a place of stagnation until some news is released I fear.

Sorry, grandma. Feel free to removed my offending post.

Whoever the abductor was, you can bet he cased the Bobo property before the abduction and, most likely, went unnoticed. Did anyone see a car parked near the property before Holly disappeared? Has this been checked?

Could have been someone that had been to their house before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson