TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
and...

(snipped)

These are the things that I believe that are what is of great concern to many of us[again by far not just a few Websleuthers..but ppl who know and have a heckuva a lot of experience with these exact circumstances].. It is quite obvious that this "key" to bringing Holly home wasn't implemented for whatever reasons..I just pray that those reasons are because LE is way ahead on this investigation and is actually close to bringing Holly home[one way or another]..

But just my opinion and nothing more..[except for the links and info that I referred to several times above]

How do we know that this has not been done? Do we know how many people LE has talked to and interviewed? No, we don't. Talking to people who knew her, went to school with her, are acquainted with her and had any interaction with her recently is probably one of the first things they did, and it's usually SOP in missing persons cases. I cannot imagine even a local LE force not knowing that. I would surmise that LE is conducting their investigation behind the scenes in ways that not even the people in that community are aware of. Just because they don't announce every step they're taking does not mean they are not doing it.

The very first reports:
911 was a home invsion.
Holly was drug across the carport into the woods.
I know other posters have said that the 911 call may have been wrong... but without us actually hearing it we don't know.. they won't release it...
How does one change from being dragged into a woods to he led her by her arm..
**who decided that Holly was in fear for her life...***
The only person seeing Holly being led into the woods was Clint..so he would be the only person ro see the "fear of her life look.!! right.. but yet he says he's not worried cuz he thought it was her boyfiend.. It has to be one way or the othewr...

I read elsewhere that the word "dragged" came from the media, that the brother did not actually use that word. IDK, but it sounds likely to me. Media will "beef up" an article with speculations sometimes when they don't have enough details to make up a good story.
If he saw some guy who he initially thought was her boyfriend "drag" Holly, don't you think he would have immediately become suspicious and run outside to see what was going on? But if the guy merely had hold of her arm and she was walking beside him, maybe it took a few minutes for him to realize something was wrong. That's what makes me believe he is not the one who said she was dragged. I could be wrong, but it sounds logical to me.

It would be a real scoop if anyone could find out which hotel it belonged to, but there is no way that will be "verified".
--------------------
http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979313125

Just made me remember my first impression, first post on this case:

4-16-2011, Thread 2

My feeling is that she was eventually put into a vehicle and they are long gone. LE would have to be checking every motel, camping ground, etc. within a wide radius it seems to me, especially after so much time has elapsed.

I have to wonder if a tip early on turned most LE resources towards searching the park areas rather than the motels.

ya know. Dot.
I think that we could argue this until we are both blue in the face..
and that is the beuaty of WS.. We can agree to disagree..
But the lurking factor is: who seen that she was in fear for life..!!! If it was Climt. why didn't he call rright then..or go after them...
The story is that Clint didn't notice anything wrong until he seen the blood and her car still there.....sooo. who seen the "fear for her life"..???

I belive the in fear of her life stuff came from LE when they were attempting to clarify what was supposed to have happened. The brother never claimed that. I think if you got back to the video with LE they say "we believe that" not "he said"

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-attacker-woods-fear-life/story?id=13381683

This article has LE saying all versions of how she got into the woods...

-----------------------------

Quotes from article:

"We believe he actually had her arm, holding her. We feel she was in fear of her life, so was complying," Mehr told a news conference.

Her brother, said Mehr, "had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker."

----------------------------

Do they KNOW if the man going into the woods was holding her arm or are they guessing?

:yes:

one of the biggest "tells" from LE, IMO.

Yes, who (after-the-fact) "saw" the "fear for her life".

IMO, it was LE that "saw" this fear - based upon their investigation up to that point.

This is LE's story. :cow: : That Holly was being "walked" forcibly by her kidnapper and Clint witnessed it. Clint thought he was watching Holly with her BF and as the story was clarified later by LE, it was LE that projected the idea that while it may have looked like a harmless walk ... they believed Holly knew her life was in danger as she walked towards the woods.

So how did they piece that together?

Just taking a wild guess- I'd say it was the product of immediate investigation: info from family/boyfriend/best friends that led them to this conclusion.

Once again, we have specific unsolicited LE activity that suggests LE knows enough - knows something about the perp that leads them to believe she was in fear for her life.

Could it be they just needs evidence and time to put the case together?

I hope so.

:cow:

I am sure that when interviewing the brother and hearing his description of exactly what he observed, they came to the conclusion that she did not appear to be struggling or fighting the guy, so either she was walking along with him willingly or she was somehow being forced to go along with the guy. That would lead them to assume that she either knew him, or was afraid for her life, and perhaps he was holding a weapon of some kind in front so the brother could not see it. The brother could have said that it looked as if she was being forcibly led, but not necessarily dragged.
She is apparently a petite young woman... I would say that if a 6 ft., 200 lb. guy had a good grip on her upper arm, and was at the same time either pointing a knife to her chest or stomach, and telling her not to fight back, she very definitely was in fear of her life at that point. JMO.

Once again, from many previous posts:

Carlie Brucia was being led away by the arm, in a passive way, seemingly. IMO, she was in shock and/or a weapon was held to her.

And, on another note:

Dru Sjodin was on her cellphone with her boyfriend when she said "Oh my God." We thought that a weapon was immediately held to her because otherwise she would have screamed those words, or fought.

She is apparently a petite young woman... I would say that if a 6 ft., 200 lb. guy had a good grip on her upper arm, and was at the same time either pointing a knife to her chest or stomach, and telling her not to fight back, she very definitely was in fear of her life at that point. JMO.

But was there 6ft 200lb guy with a knife? Was there even a guy with a grip on her arm?

-----------------------------

Quotes from article:

"We believe he actually had her arm, holding her. We feel she was in fear of her life, so was complying," Mehr told a news conference.

Her brother, said Mehr, "had reasons to believe [the man] was not an attacker."

----------------------------

Do they KNOW if the man going into the woods was holding her arm or are they guessing?

its an assumption. but remember, depending on where they were in the yard they could be up to 50 yards from the house. Its not like the brother saw them from 10 feet away... more like up to half a football field away.

Can some one tell me who runs the facebook page? Yesterday they were talking about a hotel key card found with the significant evidence? The owner of the page posted it. I can't get a link because I'm on my phone.

I believe the in fear of her life stuff came from LE when they were attempting to clarify what was supposed to have happened. The brother never claimed that. I think if you got back to the video with LE they say "we believe that" not "he said"

tbi was initially attempting to issue an amber alert for holly and for her abduction to meet the state criteria - LE needs to SAY they believe holly was in "fear for her life" even if her brother clint, the only witness, did not believe Holly was in any danger of any kind. I believe clint saw Holly with what he thought was a friend and he then went about his own business.

Unfortunately, imo, it is the TBI's modifying and clarifying THEIR OWN STATEMENTS that caused some people to jump to the conclusion that clint may have changed "HIS STORY" and/or that he was a cowardly, uncaring brother.

===================================

paraphrasing from tbi website amber alert criteria...

A belief that the child is in imminent danger of bodily injury or death such as: It is believed that the missing child is in a life-threatening situation or It is believed that the missing child is in the company of adults who could endanger his or her welfare.

If I am not mistaken in several articles that go into great detail of HS early morning perp she talked about her belief that the man that grabbed her arm that morning was the man that she had seen on more than one occasion in the last month standing out back of either her or her grandmas house watching..:shivers down the spine:..and she also spoke about the possibility of the perp somehow being related or involved with a home burglary that had also taken place in that last month again at grandmas I believe she said.. So if that's true[and I have no reason to believe that its not]..

SmoothOperator:

I'm not doubting your recollection that this was the case, but I've never read any articles where Heather goes into detail about seeing a man on more than one occasion watching her prior to the attack.

Can you give the links?

Can some one tell me who runs the facebook page? Yesterday they were talking about a hotel key card found with the significant evidence? The owner of the page posted it. I can't get a link because I'm on my phone.

you cant find it because its one of those dubious pages we can not link to. Its not hard to find on FB.

It will be one month this Friday the 13th since Holly was last seen. Praying for her safe return.

Sadly, I think she passed on that Wenesday.

This is why experts say you should never go to a second location with a person or persons; once they take you to a second location that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie