TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE is probably embarrassed that they have not been able
to find Holly or name a suspect. So I don't think they want to speak out
more than they have to, other than to say that they need information and
try, in a way, to put the blame back on the community for not talking.
I don't believe they have any real idea that this was done by a local.
From what I read it seemed they made the conclusion based on the
densely wooded terrain around the home. It was said that someone
would need to be familiar with the area to have navigated their way
through.

'. . .The person responsible for Holly's disappearance lives in the area,"
said Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
"Because of the terrain, you have to know where you're going, entrances
and exits. We feel the person is in the community. . .'
http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-search-police-make-significant-find-hunt/story?id=13448569

'. . . Police believe that whoever abducted Bobo is a hunter or someone
familiar with the area near her home, which is surrounded by rugged
woodlands. . .'
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20055417-504083.html

So the person may or may not really be local to the general area
& that is partly why I posted recently asking about the ATVs and their
range without being loaded and carried vs. what modes of carrying the
ATVs might work.

But then we have a tip phoned in to LE that resulted in the discovery of
the items recovered that were reported in MSM as belonging to the
missing young woman (see link in one of my previous posts.)

So if the crime is not local (just thinking of possibilities)
I am wondering how that tip came to be.
I can think of a couple of possibilities where both could be true but
without knowing inside info I am only guessing

I know why LE said from the start that they believe the perp has to be local, but I hope they are not sticking to that theory simply because it was their original one. I hope they are considering other avenues unless they do have some proof we don't know about. Yet they say they have no "strong leads."

I don't see why it has to be a local just because they went through the woods.

When I was a teenager, I would dig up ginseng and golden seal roots to dry and sell. My father's farm has hundreds of forested acres and probably well over a thousand. To this day, there are parts of the farm where I have never been, but walking over parts for the first time as a teenager, it wasn't a big deal. You just walk through the woods. It's not rocket science.

Unless there's a river with no bridge as a barrier, or high cliffs, or some other natural barriers, I don't see why it would necessarily have to be a local person.

One of my cousins is a USMC combat veteran of a special recon group and another is an Army Ranger and has trained in jungle warfare. I doubt they've ever been to Parsons, but there's no doubt in my mind they would be able to navigate the woods Holly was taken through with ease.

Vietnam veterans who had to traverse the dense vegetation of Vietnam would have no problem in the woods in Tennessee.

Anyone who has been hunting (and a LOT of people in Tennessee have) would probably have enough experience in woods to nagivate through with ease.

sniped to save space:
I don't see why it has to be a local just because they went through the woods.

You are so right about all you mentioned! Also, there's no indication just how far into the woods she was taken.
I also think Holly had enough contact with the outside world (via Facebook, and travel) that an outsider could be responsible.

This is if the blood they found was identified as belonging to anyone other than Holly:

If it is believed with a high level of certainty the perp is a local, why not just ask every male in Parsons & Darden to submit to a DNA swab? I would imagine a very large majority would readily volunteer to it and the libertarian types who would usually be reluctant probably would agree to submit to one as well, since the stigma of refusing to would probably not be something most guys would want to deal with, especially in such a small town where everyone knows everyone.

These towns are so small, the number of guys who would refuse to submit to the test would probably be able to be counted on one hand. Just have some guy who totally does not look like a cop (picture the late Jerry Garcia) sit and read the newspaper and drink coffee in McDonald's or whatever fast food joints they have in Parsons and get the drinking straws after the guys who do not submit to the DNA testing eat there.

I know the DNA testing isn't cheap, but look at the large amount of reward money being offered by the state of Tennessee. Even if it's too expensive to test that much DNA, just bluffing about testing it in order to find out exactly which males would refuse to submit to the test could provide valuable insight.

Not a Homicide? umm..... Holly has been missing for 2 months and she's probably not alive but there are times when you have to be realistic.

I just have to state that I hardly ever see any posts that are critical of the family or LE. I really like WS because there are so many intelligent, yet varied viewpoints. I do see a lot of questions asking why the family might do this or
why LE isn't doing such and such but if nobody talks about the family or LE's investigation, that leaves Will Nunley and he's asking us. I could not begin to imagine what this family is going through and I know that different people will react differently to tragic events. I have a teenage daughter, so I not only want Holly found but am also interested in WHY she was taken, what could have prevented it, and what works and doesn't work to find her and nail the persons responsible. We are from all different walks of life here with many experiences that have brought us to this thread. To dislike Law Enforcement,IMHO is irrational and ignorant 'cause thank goodness, there are some good cops out there, but to believe that LE is infallible and never makes mistakes in judgement or procedure is also quite naive in my opinion. I should hope that everyone on this thread wants Holly found, her family at peace, scum in prison, and new lessons learned by each one of us.

If this was " over the top", I apologize, but I had to get it off my chest. I suppose if I didn't care and didn't respect ALL of you, I wouldn't have bothered.:twocents:

Someone on here explained once that police do not call these types of cases homicides without a body unless there is really blatant proof that someone died. Like, a LOT of blood (too much to survive losing) or other gruesome possibilities. So, that is why they are still calling it a missing person case instead of a homicide even though, being realistic, the chances of her coming back alive are very, very slim.

Someone on here explained once that police do not call these types of cases homicides without a body unless there is really blatant proof that someone died. Like, a LOT of blood (too much to survive losing) or other gruesome possibilities. So, that is why they are still calling it a missing person case instead of a homicide even though, being realistic, the chances of her coming back alive are very, very slim.

ITA and from the beginning the blood left at the house was called "non life threatening amount."
There's noway in the world this case can be classified as a homicide w/o some evidence one happened. And while it's slim Holly is alive, it does happen.

They call missing people "missing" for a very long, before naming a case a homicide and they usually have to have some sort of proof. Look at how long people have been missing on various sites (here included)-hardly any are deemed homicides.

. . .Anyone who has been hunting (and a LOT of people
in Tennessee have) would probably have enough experience in woods to
nagivate through with ease.

'. . . Police believe that whoever abducted Bobo is a hunter or someone
familiar with the area near her home, which is surrounded by rugged
woodlands. . .'
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20055417-504083.html

(BBM)

Sounds as if they had an either/or sort of thing going on at that point.
Hunter OR local person or maybe both, a hunter from that general part of the state.

Honestly I am unsure about the statements I keep reading where
LE keeps saying there is no reason to believe she left the state.
I wonder if that is turf protection. . . .to keep FBI from taking the lead of
the case if state lines not crossed etc.

Still, until evidence comes out in MSM to the contrary I suppose I must
take it on faith that LE has reason to believe she is still in state.

Her being in state does fit one of my earlier theories but I am also trying
to look at other variations of that theory that might include a perp from
farther away.

That's not what I meant. I know the community is supportive of the Bobos. I was curious about whether or not they pulled the t-shirts around the time the news appearances were cancelled and such.

I dont know if selling or not selling is any indicator of support. For example selling memorial tee shirts is big around here. Every time a cop gets shot a local radio station promotes memorial shirts with the profits going to the slain officers family. They have done three or four in the last year. But basically they get a batch of X number shirts, sell them for a month or two, and thats it. It doesn't mean the support is not there its just how many can you sell to a somewhat captive audience over a period of time.

From what I have read, and by all accounts, the Parsons community does seem to have really been supportive of the Bobo family. In many cases you do find individuals who are willing to speak out against various parties involved in those cases like ex business partners, neighbors, ex spouses, etc but in this case I have not really seen that. I would say that in general the family does seem to be really well liked and respected in the community and still has a lot of community support despite the lack of information realsed.

That's not what I meant. I know the community is supportive of the Bobos. I was curious about whether or not they pulled the t-shirts around the time the news appearances were cancelled and such.

Pulling implies something like a recall. There is no evidence that they were somehow suddenly stopped or anything. They could still be selling them today for all we know. It doesnt seem a germane issue really.

I remember when the neighbor lady Tammy was going to make an appearance on Bring Them Home's blog talk radio show, and BTH cancelled at the last minute, and the BTH lady made one of her nebulous and dramatic announcements about respecting the TBI, without ever saying why the show was cancelled.

It stuck in my head because I had put it on my website and then I had to pull it at the last minute, and I got annoyed. That and the deplorable spelling and grammar stuck in my head lol :)

What cancelled news appearances have there been?

Im also following the lauren speier case and they just finished up a news conference with video and pictures so the public can help. That depresses me that they don't even do a presser monthly for holly. Guh.

Im also following the lauren speier case and they just finished up a news conference with video and pictures so the public can help. That depresses me that they don't even do a presser monthly for holly. Guh.

I know. I'm also following LS. Seeing how the town, area, and people close to LS are acting. Makes this case just seem that much stranger. I got interested in this case because it's not far from where I grew up, I was though this town a couple of years ago, and HB reminds me so much of my daughter. I wish that this family can get answers soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆