TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why no one spoke of that dirt road behind the house. So she could have been whisked away very quickly w/o being seen. The trees were thick once the road reaches the storage shed at the back of the house. No one would see the vehicle there.

Didn't Clint mention the road in one of the interviews?:waitasec:

Didn't Clint mention the road in one of the interviews?:waitasec:

I think he did but I was imagining the road going straight north into the woods not around to the south which isn't that hidden once you wind around their property.

Thanks so much for trying guys :blowkisses:
Me via mobile I still can't see it due to being on apple iPhone that won't allow Flash(ridiculous).. Thanks so much for trying for me..((((HUGS))))

So this is the best I could do with what I have to work with on Google Earth.. Would someone lemme know it the light pink line represents anything close where the logging road is?? If not maybe could explain where it is from the pic below.. Again thanks so much for attempting to post pic of logging road for me..
b5663588.jpg

To me, it appears the logging road (in pink above) goes along the Bobo property and curves around the shed and if you look closely, you can almost see it through some trees. On other photos, at least to me, it appears to cut through to the road which is Swan Johnson Rd.

I originally thought there was only one exit out, to the North of the Bobo prop. but it appears, you could access it at abou the pond area and exit it a little to the North of their propery.

This logging road mystery sure resolves some issues I had with trying to picture the crime scene. I can see now how easily a car could hide and be close to the property.

This logging road mystery sure resolves some issues I had with trying to picture the crime scene. I can see now how easily a car could hide and be close to the property.

I know what you mean. I agree there is a another way out that we weren't seeing before. Much quicker than going through the forrest. That could also explain how the neighbor heard her scream and CB didn't.

Ya'll, I kind of want to caution about assuming the route marked around the pond is the logging road in question.

There are several others that are not visible via satellite- which would put the direction of travel in the opposite direction.

The google earth picture isnt claiming that the pink line is the actual logging road, bUT rather is only a guesstimate at where the logging road might be. In the post that has the photo I am asking is this anywhere near where it appears the logging road is according to the zillow images..

Hope That Helps to clear up that the image does not claim to be a perfect representation of the logging road but rather asking is it near representing where it appears to be on zillow(which is thoroughly discussed in the dialogue of the ^above^ posts)

SmoothOperator, I understand.
I just wanted to caution against folks assuming that the above mentioned is the logging trail that has been discussed. There are several others that run parallel and around and a bit behind the rear of the Bobo residence, and also several offshoots of those that run N/SW, that would be considered 'trails'. They intersect to other logging roads/firebreaks.

So I just wanted to clarify that.

I am not sure I understand why the location and/or existence of a logging road or trail is important at this late date...clearly Holly was taken away in a vehicle, IMO. I imagine the area close to the home, anyway, has been thoroughly searched. Once she was gone, she was gone.

Is the reason this is important because some may not have known that such a road/trail existed and so should narrow the suspect pool? Or is this trail one anyone could have found if looking for a place from which to stalk Holly? I'm just confused. I know everything is important, but not really getting this bit about the trail.

Early case tweeter/newsman Will Nunley seems to have left WBBJ in Jackson per his latest Twitter info, and is touting Nashville WSMV's coverage:

willnunley Will Nunley
Thank you to those who follow me, I will do my best to keep tabs on the case. I also thank @WSMV for being a trusted friend of the community
2 hours ago

willnunley Will Nunley
I encourage all of you to follow @WSMV for continued Holly Bobo case updates and community information.
2 hours ago

https://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Zillow Map.jpg

Here is the Zillow map picture. I'm working on a closer view.

Here is lower part of last picture showing the pond and road around it back out to the road.

Zillow Map 3.jpg

Ya'll, I kind of want to caution about assuming the route marked around the pond is the logging road in question.

There are several others that are not visible via satellite- which would put the direction of travel in the opposite direction.
Thanks Oriah. Hearing Clint describe it, I was getting the image that they were stomping about in the woods like Hansel and Gretal. When in fact, they didn't have to go through much at all if any, if that road is drivable.

I didn't think the road went completely around the pond before Smooth posted the pic with the pink line. I don't know what that area is between the road and the pond next to Sway Johnson rd. It looks rocky and quarry-like.

There still may be only one exit North of the house. When you look @ other maps, one can see some clearing. It is like a puzzle because all the trees are bunched together like heads of broccoli. However, if you look closely you can almost see some wiggle line parts amongst the dense trees.

Still can't wrap my head why anyone would care to live in the middle of the wilderness. They go in clear out a bunch of trees, build the house, get guns and shoot all the animal that lived there before they built the house.:banghead: Of course we do that to some extent whenever a construction company starts up..but it is usually only rats that perish when you build in the city.

Looking at that area from a bird's eye view scares the jeebies out of me...but I'm a city girl.

The State wouldn't have to employ the PI. The PI would work independently and if he finds her is rewarded the money. The PI would be entitled to the reward just as anybody else is. KWIM?

What PI is going to work independently? They work for money, and without some guarantee they will get paid, they won't do the work. He sure isn't going to take on a case with a "maybe" he'll get the reward money.
And not many people trust one who just inserts himself into a case. How much good did a PI do in the Haleigh Cummings case? None. Look at the problems the PI created in the Caylee Anthony case. I'm sure the Bobos don't want to deal with that kind of mess.

When you think about it and it was an abduction, it makes sense to park on the North of the property. There are no neighbors anywhere in sight vs. the South where the two homes look rather close, wilderness-wize.

Due to the searchers and the evidence found, I am pretty convinced they went North on Swan Johnson and then right on route 40 to Hwy 69 in Parsons. passed the school, LE station, funeral home, rock quarry, throwing out items of interest. Does the perp live in Parsons? I get the impression that was the comfort zone because that is where the evidence was strewn.

What PI is going to work independently? They work for money, and without some guarantee they will get paid, they won't do the work. He sure isn't going to take on a case with a "maybe" he'll get the reward money.
And not many people trust one who just inserts himself into a case. How much good did a PI do in the Haleigh Cummings case? None. Look at the problems the PI created in the Caylee Anthony case. I'm sure the Bobos don't want to deal with that kind of mess.

In my opinion they could hire search teams from any of the major teams and search the parson's area where the evidence was found. Bodies are often found in places LE have already searched.

I have not heard the Bobos ever ask about the professionals coming in. This should have done in the very beginning. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998