TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so as far as I can tell it goes like this...

Suspect does not break into or enter the house. Nothing is heard outside per se. Brother is inside. Holly goes outside. It is assumed she is going to school. For some reason the brother sees her being dragged/led into the woods. The suspect may be holding her hand, arm, or have his arm around her. Brother does not suspect anything at that time. At some point (an hour?) later, the brother possibly finds blood of an undetermined type ourside in the car port. At that time he becomes suspicious and calls his mother and 911. At some point someone else called 911 (mother? or a neighbor? who may/may not have heard screams). So LE arrives at the house. A search is begun. Dogs aparently do not get a trail but LE seems to pursue the suspect and/or Holly at various times implying they are on foot. Holly's lunch box/lunch bag is found by the road/creek some 8 miles away. It is said that it could have been thrown from a vehicle. Some reports say there was food in it. Contradictory reports say a car containing camo clothing and other items was found. Likewise reports say her phone was found but then no car. If the phone was found where was it if it was not in a car. Some reports and video evidence seem to imply that a strip of duct tape with blonde hair was found. Last night it seemed the police and searchers were pursuing someone, asking people to work at night and in bad weather. Today nothing new has surfaced and there is talk of searching in other counties or states. Stories of what has happened have changed somewhat either through bad reporting or people changing their stories or being unclear about what did or did not happen and what was or was not found.

This would constipate Sherlock Holmes

You must have read my mind, Carla. This is a very good synopsis of things. Sure wish someone in LE could clear up all the confusion from the neighbor's call or the brother's call, and did a neighbor really state they heard a scream. Did the neighbor see her being led towards the woods or did the brother see that. Why did the brother just happen to look out and see her if he did see her. Did the neighbor call the brother? I cannot get a handle on the first couple hours and part that really needs some clarification is what did prompt the brother to look outside. Being a very rural area like that it makes me wonder if he was possibly expecting someone to come by and pick him up for a job; i.e., carpooling, etc. I cannot really figure out what he was looking for when he saw her being led away. That would be a huge coincidence to just happened to look at the right time and see his sister being led away. All this is my own opinion, such as it is. Can you tell how confused I am?

What I mean about reading my mind is you answered some of the exact questions that have been bugging me.

nice one Carla. :thumbs up:
Early conflicting reports certainly make me feel cynical.
We can hope Sherlock's remembered to bring his stool softener.

Holly, her family, LE & the volunteers are all in my prayers.

I agree.... colace to the rescue

The more tight-lipped LE is, the less hope I lose. I really feel like they are so tightly guarding what is released, trying so hard to dictate the message that is getting out there, that they must think the abductor is listening and that Holly is still alive.

Maybe just Pollyanna, though....

Would be nice. Sometimes I think they're credited with tight- lipped or working some kind of psychology when in reality they just don't know. Think Hailey Dunn. It's possible they don't know anything other than what they are saying. Alot of msn reports are rehashes written by people who aren't there based on a report by someone else who hasn't been on scene based on something someone wrote in a hurry to make deadline and got the info off a blog and so on and so on. It's real easy to see how incorrect info can just blossom.

Maybe they do not want to focus on the blood now, since they have not found her. Yesterday, it seemed as though they were about to find her any minute and more than 24 hours later, nothing much has changed. I almost feel as though they gave some sort of false hope yesterday, when they called out the whole town to search as though they were positive she was in those woods...and now they are saying they are looking into other states?

It is really confusing and they (LE) have made it so.

yeah, yesterday they were fairly certain she was possibly alive and still in the area and now they are saying she could be in other states;

And they could not even comment on weather or not Holly's alive?
:banghead:

Makes up your mind, Peoples; she's either alive or not and she's either still here or in some other states.

and 24 hours later we are still back to square one.

my goodness!!!

I tried to outline this whole convoluted mess as best as I could based on what little we know.

I spent two hours in the car driving today, and spent the whole time going over all this in my head... not very productive but I am bipolar and can think a whole lot... and when is start thinking its like a computer processing stuff until an answer spits out.

As a violent crime survivor some cases really hit home hard with me and this is one of them. I will think about it 24/7.

LE is almost always tight-lipped and lots of times, it turns out to mean nothing. Look at Kyron's case, for heaven's sake.

I don't think they are playing the suspect in this case, I think they are wanting to keep the searchers optimistic that she can be rescued. And maybe she can, but I don't think LE knows where or who at this point.

I tried to outline this whole convoluted mess as best as I could based on what little we know.

I spent two hours in the car driving today, and spent the whole time going over all this in my head... not very productive but I am bipolar and can think a whole lot... and when is start thinking its like a computer processing stuff until an answer spits out.

As a violent crime survivor some cases really hit home hard with me and this is one of them. I will think about it 24/7.

:grouphug: 4 u lala

LE is almost always tight-lipped and lots of times, it turns out to mean nothing. Look at Kyron's case, for heaven's sake.

I don't think they are playing the suspect in this case, I think they are wanting to keep the searchers optimistic that she can be rescued. And maybe she can, but I don't think LE knows where or who at this point.

I don't think so either

well it would be nice to know if the blood was her's it could have been camo man's!

It would be nice to know if the duct tape that was found with the blonde hairs on it were hers!

If they didnt find her phone could she still have it?

For what its worth
all wives, Mothers, Daughters, and every child should have a MIcroChip!
We have them on our dogs....Why not our most precious posessions our children!

Sorry!!!!

The scariest thing for me is if the ex is accounted for now, but wasn't on Wednesday morning...because if he did it and is no longer with her, then she is not okay.

I can't help thinking if he or someone local was "missing", there would be rumors and postings all over the place. So maybe no one local is missing, now.

Is there a report stating that Holly's mother or father spoke with her or saw her that morning? I know that when I was a college student, my classes started later than my parents had to be at work, and I would still be in bed when they left. It would make a difference if the mother or father actually saw her that morning in the clothes, etc, or if they just assumed she was there by the presence of her car, phone, door to bedroom closed? Who was the last person to talk/text/see Holly besides her brother, and what time was that?

Just thought of another question. Does she, in fact, have her own car or was she going to possibly get a ride with someone to her school? This may have been discussed already but I have not seen it. If her car was there, it sounds like she never made it to the car because they did not see her books or other items they have mentioned they told searchers to be looking for. Wonder if they should dust for fingerprints on the front door or even the handle on her car door in case the perp grabbed her right when she was getting ready to enter the car and pushed it shut. And as others have wondered, have they searched inside their home, her bedroom, etc.

The scariest thing for me is if the ex is accounted for now, but wasn't on Wednesday morning...because if he did it and is no longer with her, then she is not okay.

I can't help thinking if he or someone local was "missing", there would be rumors and postings all over the place. So maybe no one local is missing, now.

I believe everybody in the town is accounted for and as far as the Ex boyfriend; that is just as rumor.

as far as I know she has no ex boyfriend

Just thought of another question. Does she, in fact, have her own car or was she going to possibly get a ride with someone to her school? This may have been discussed already but I have not seen it. If her car was there, it sounds like she never made it to the car because they did not see her books or other items they have mentioned they told searchers to be looking for. Wonder if they should dust for fingerprints on the front door or even the handle on her car door in case the perp grabbed her right when she was getting ready to enter the car and pushed it shut. And as others have wondered, have they searched inside their home, her bedroom, etc.

I believe she has a car; and I believe she never made it to her car; they found an area of blood near the carport. So she was probably walking to her car when she was abducted.

Now with LE circling wagons around the investigation ... if and when they do get forensics on the stuff we've heard about ... we'll never hear about it ... not for a long while anyway, I'm afraid. :cow:

In many ways, it's good news that the case/investigation is being elevated by LE to the level we think we're beginning to see here.

they may have never been missing remember this was early morning all it takes is 10 mins to harm someone and go upon their day. the camo could cover work clothes.

It could be anyone! bf included

Now with LE circling wagons around the investigation ... if and when they do get forensics on the stuff we've heard about ... we'll never hear about it ... not for a long while anyway, I'm afraid. :cow:

In many ways, it's good news that the case/investigation is being elevated by LE to the level we think we're beginning to see here.

and if we do it will be the wrong info lol

they may have never been missing remember this was early morning all it takes is 10 mins to harm someone and go upon their day. the camo could cover work clothes.

It could be anyone! bf included

Bf is not a suspect nor the brother. They have been ruled out by LE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members