TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy doesn't look anything like Drew - he's old enough to be his father.
Scary.

I agree with you, quite literally. I think this man has similar features to Drew, only aged decades.

Dressed in camo, from a far distance and from certain angles, this guy could have looked like Drew to Clint.

If this is the guy, he could have been observing Drew and copying his appearance, mannerisms and behaviors in relation to Holly.

I agree with you, quite literally. I think this man has similar features to Drew, only aged decades.

Dressed in camo, from a far distance and from certain angles, this guy could have looked like Drew to Clint.

If this is the guy, he could have been observing Drew and copying his appearance, mannerisms and behaviors in relation to Holly.

I doubt a RSO would go through all that trouble to learn someone's appearance, mannerisms and behaviors.

The scream and the blood tells me she did.

Then there is the 15-25 minutes of Holly and the suspect wandering around outside before Clint got up, them in the garage, wandering around outside again...

Then there is the 15-25 minutes of Holly and the suspect wandering around outside before Clint got up, them in the garage, wandering around outside again...

I know...makes no sense. If you do a smash and grab in a electronics store, typical robbers aren't going to sit down and play the video games in the store. They are going to smash, grab and get out of there!

Another body found in Tennessee:

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981086168

Another body found in Tennessee:

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981086168

I feel so sorry for all friends & families missing loved ones..this must be an anxious stressful time. I hope there is an announcement soon because the waiting must be unbearable. MOO

How reliable is the neighbor's 7:40 "hearing the scream" time. If it was closer to 7:45 then it might only be 5 minutes before CB sees Holly being abducted. After reading the timeline on the previous page it seems that if witnesses were off a few minutes here or there, the scenario would add up more logically.

I guess we won't know unless cell records are released.

You answered your own question.

Still does it take 10 minutes to kidnap someone? fifteen minutes? Twenty minutes?

You answered your own question.

Still does it take 10 minutes to kidnap someone? fifteen minutes? Twenty minutes?
Is this anything like, How Many Licks Does it Take To Get To The Tootsie Roll Center of a Tootsie Pop? 1? 2? 3? If so, the world may never know.
Sorry but I couldn't resist, and yes I do agree the time supposedly spent around the home is a curveball. We have all tossed around theories before such as camo man thought he had HB all alone at the home, possibly a sexual assault took place in the garage, etc...
In CB accounts of that morning, once he starts poking around and making phone calls, HB and camo man make their walk towards to treeline, so I think it is safe to assume that CB may have accelerated this abductors time table.

Is this anything like, How Many Licks Does it Take To Get To The Tootsie Roll Center of a Tootsie Pop? 1? 2? 3? If so, the world may never know.
Sorry but I couldn't resist, and yes I do agree the time supposedly spent around the home is a curveball. We have all tossed around theories before such as camo man thought he had HB all alone at the home, possibly a sexual assault took place in the garage, etc...
In CB accounts of that morning, once he starts poking around and making phone calls, HB and camo man make their walk towards to treeline, so I think it is safe to assume that CB may have accelerated this abductors time table.

Yes thats what I think. My estimation as of what happened was that Holly was accosted outside her house, in the back, by her car. She screamed, dropped her soda (and who knows what else). I think the suspect thought Holly may have been alone, and after a short conversation with Holly (Clint said he heard voices outside) he herded her back through the door she came out of, into the garage. It was there that Clint saw them in the (seemingly dark) garage. Perhaps the back door was open? Clint described silhouettes. People standing/kneeling in the dark against an open doorway would be silhouetted by the light. Perhaps Holly was injured outside or in the garage. Clint said the blood was in the garage where he saw the figures. I think Clint and/or the barking dog may have tipped off the suspect, who used Clint's disappearing back into the house to call his mom, to lead Holly back out of the house to the woods.

With that scenario, I wonder if, the suspect found Holly alone at home, would have assaulted and killed her there, then left. Finding they were not alone, he left with her... If he had not planned to take her away, then what did he do with her body (presumably)? If he was not planning to take her away he would have to come up with something fairly quickly.

It would be helpful to know what other items of Holly's were found, and where.

IDK but Drew doesn't look to be 6 ft 200 lbs to me, in the photos I've seen of him and Holly. He's not a husky kid, imo. I think Clint probably assumed it was Drew because who else would be with Holly at that hour, kwim?

Britt is a big guy.

Let me say that Clint Bobo's words have been discussed here ad nauseum. Allow me to provide a couple links that reference his description of the abductor.

Here, Clint has told authorities that he initially assumed the man with Holly was her boyfriend Drew. The man's size was similar to Drew. Now, to me, photos of Drew do not appear to make him 200lbs in size. However, I have never seen Drew in person and photos can be deceptive. We just have to accept what Clint said. Here is one link, with some live footage of the Bobo property:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo-...9#.Ty4GpmB9mjU

Here is a link where Clint states that the perp appeared to be 6 ft tall, 200 lbs:

http://www.wmctv.com/story/15037152/...type=printable

There we have it. Clint's description of the size of the perp...and also his assumption that he first believed the man he saw to be Drew. We also have the official information as related to Britt. It says he is 200lbs and 6 ft. tall. Of course, he may or may not be related to this case. I am only pointing out that he matches the description of the man Clint saw, because the only description Clint gave was the perp's size...and the camo information. That is a particularly limited description.

It is such a generic description that matches many men, but not, seemingly, Drew. He looks slender in the photos I've seen, my husband is 6', about 200 lbs, and his build is nothing like Drew's build. JMO

I see this case is still not solved. I am not too surprised by that but it is a
sad thing anyway. Hopefully this case will be unraveled once enough time
has passed.

As to how people look or don't look... I have a friend who is about 45 with slightly greying hair, but he gets carded buying beer now and then. So, he does not look 45 even up close at a casual glance. He's 6' 1" and weighs maybe 275 lbs but does not look large by any means. If you were to write down a description of him, and then look at a good photo of him, you would probably not think it was the same guy.

I've always heard that eye witness accounts are the most unreliable evidence. In a college class we had a live demo followed by discussion. Unexpectedly a person ran into the classroom (approx 30 students), snatched teacher's purse and ran out. Class was asked to describe details (clothes, shoes, sex, height, weight, glasses, gloves or not, etc. and asked "how sure". More were wrong about details than were right.
If the brother naturally thought it was the boyfriend, that was in his mind at first look. Just my thoughts on eye witness descriptions.

I've always heard that eye witness accounts are the most unreliable evidence. In a college class we had a live demo followed by discussion. Unexpectedly a person ran into the classroom (approx 30 students), snatched teacher's purse and ran out. Class was asked to describe details (clothes, shoes, sex, height, weight, glasses, gloves or not, etc. and asked "how sure". More were wrong about details than were right.
If the brother naturally thought it was the boyfriend, that was in his mind at first look. Just my thoughts on eye witness descriptions.
I do agree that eye witness testimony can be very unreliable. It is a logical thought pattern to realize that events can happen quickly and somebody may not be aware of what is happening before their eyes. What somebody thinks they saw is not entirely factual. But that logic does not apply very well to CB accounts. To flip this around to your experience, if you were allowed to observe this thief walking around after they stole the purse, would you then be able to describe him better? If you saw/heard this thief interacting with another person, would you then be able to describe them and this other person better?
If CB assumed it was HB boyfriend outside, then why the need to look out windows in front and back of the house, to observe what he thought were the silhouettes of them kneeling in the garage, why the need to call his mother about HB car still being there and people out by the garage, etc... I think it is safe to assume that at best, CB did not know what he was watching, but he was watching, as oppose to saying he just assumed it was the boyfriend, because apparently he did not. Unless, it was common for CB to watch HB and boyfriend go on about their business and call his mother at work to ask questions about them when they are at the house with him.
I think after all this time, CB accounts don't add up to anything, as far as the public is concerned, but we can't just brush it of by saying all eye witness testimony is unreliable.
We have all went around this merry-go-round about CB accounts before and I think it is safe to assume that his stories have some truth to it, but the story is very murky and muddled and no attempts have been made to directly clarify any details.

I do agree that eye witness testimony can be very unreliable. It is a logical thought pattern to realize that events can happen quickly and somebody may not be aware of what is happening before their eyes. What somebody thinks they saw is not entirely factual. But that logic does not apply very well to CB accounts. To flip this around to your experience, if you were allowed to observe this thief walking around after they stole the purse, would you then be able to describe him better? If you saw/heard this thief interacting with another person, would you then be able to describe them and this other person better?
If CB assumed it was HB boyfriend outside, then why the need to look out windows in front and back of the house, to observe what he thought were the silhouettes of them kneeling in the garage, why the need to call his mother about HB car still being there and people out by the garage, etc... I think it is safe to assume that at best, CB did not know what he was watching, but he was watching, as oppose to saying he just assumed it was the boyfriend, because apparently he did not. Unless, it was common for CB to watch HB and boyfriend go on about their business and call his mother at work to ask questions about them when they are at the house with him.
I think after all this time, CB accounts don't add up to anything, as far as the public is concerned, but we can't just brush it of by saying all eye witness testimony is unreliable.
We have all went around this merry-go-round about CB accounts before and I think it is safe to assume that his stories have some truth to it, but the story is very murky and muddled and no attempts have been made to directly clarify any details.

Excellent post Frogzilla!! The BBM part I had never thought about before. When I just wake up, I am tired for a little while, moving slowly around the house. Assuming the dog just woke up Clint, once he saw Holly with who he thought was Drew, you wouldn't have thought he would continue tracking them from different windows and different parts of the house.
Strange. Frogzilla, I think you are on to something! What...I am not sure!!
But definitely...SOMETHING!!:what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member