TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting her to think she would be gone long sounds as if he is coaxing her into the woods. To me, the presence of blood contradicts any coaxing. The first thing that jumps out at me is that a soda can being present isn't necessarily going to cause alarms to go off like her purse or phone or books would. It could also be that he simply didn't notice it, wasn't worried about it because he never touched it, was already loaded down with stuff to carry. Just some random thoughts on the coke can.
Agreed, blood = no "coaxing."

Could be possible he is both.

Organized offenders tend to be high in the birth order of their family, usually an oldest child. They are very intelligent, and usually have their lives together, but a series of stressful situations caused them to act out. Most of them have a live-in partner, are socially adept, and will follow the coverage of their crimes in the media very carefully.

A spontaneous offense is often the work of a disorganized offender. He will often depersonalize the victim, to make the crime less real and allowing him to remain detached throughout the course of the crime. There is very little conversation, if any, between the offender and victim, and the crime scene has a random and sloppy feel to it. Criminal profiling makes it possible to draw a lot of conclusions about this offender, too. Disorganized offenders are often of average or slightly below-average intelligence. They are younger children, live alone, and are not as socially mature as an organized offender. They often live or work near the scene of the crime, and have a poor work history.

A mixed offender is harder to use criminal profiling for, but it is still possible. The crime scene combines characteristics of both organized and disorganized offenders. For example, the offender may have provided his own tools, but picked a victim randomly. The profile of a mixed offender may not be as accurate as other profiles, giving police less to go on.

Nice. Is this from a text? Which one?

Have we seen this?

Holly Bobo's face now on water bottles (msnbc.com)

A Nashville religious group is handing out 13,000 water bottles with her picture and the reward information.

Thoughts?

I think that is great and all efforts cannot hurt, but since Fliers, Decals, T-shirts, etc. have already been used for quite some time, I keep trying to think about what else could be done to really try to get some results.

Like, It's too bad there wasn't an independent "pro-bono" Volunteer Private Investigator type group that could come into town and do their own private investigation to try and find out what happened. And I do mean experienced and professional PI. Not referring to SAR groups or any fake fly by night SAR outfit like we have seen awhile back...LOL.

Sometimes, Professional Private investigators can open doors that otherwise would not be open to either LE or others. I think it would be critical that they came in without any bias and no ties to anyone in order to have any possibility of getting any results. Just in case someone is being "protected".

There are volunteer type organizations like the "Innocense Project", but they seem tailored to proving someone is innocent. I don't think too many people want to work for free, so I doubt any PIs even exist like this.

There was previous discussion about whether PIs were ever hired, and that is still an open question and concern.

But are we sure the blood was hers? Is it possible the blood was from an animal and the reason she walked into the woods was because she was tricked into thinking someone was seriously hurt. (She could rationalize missing her test for something so serious).

As a hunter, CB would notice if a weapon was being pointed at his sister as she was walking into the woods. In terms of gun safety, wouldn't he notice that? Thus, the absence means she walked quasi- willingly to the woods.

Just a thought.

But are we sure the blood was hers? Is it possible the blood was from an animal and the reason she walked into the woods was because she was tricked into thinking someone was seriously hurt. (She could rationalize missing her test for something so serious).

As a hunter, CB would notice if a weapon was being pointed at his sister as she was walking into the woods. In terms of gun safety, wouldn't he notice that? Thus, the absence means she walked quasi- willingly to the woods.

Just a thought.
As reported in MSM, LE said that the blood - variously reported to have been found in the garage or in the carport or on the driveway or near the house or flecked across the lawn or outside the door of the Bobo home or when searching the Bobo home - was Holly's.

Unfortunately, I can't find a link. So correct me someone if I'm wrong.

Not that there's been all that much post-April 2011 reporting, but links to MSM have disappeared fast for anything after the first month of the search.

Here's one I'd forgotten:
Thinking of that day, [Clint] Bobo said, “All of us took off running into the woods.” They followed the path, maybe 15 minutes after Holly was last seen.
I'm assuming - as the article is ill-written - that Clint means himself and LE.

http://wreg.com/2012/04/09/one-year-since-holly-bobo-vanished-has-been-a-nightmare/

Not that there's been all that much post-April 2011 reporting, but links to MSM have disappeared fast for anything after the first month of the search.

Here's one I'd forgotten:

I'm assuming - as the article is ill-written - that Clint means himself and LE.

http://wreg.com/2012/04/09/one-year-since-holly-bobo-vanished-has-been-a-nightmare/

I sure hope it's a ill written article because didn't he later say (Jackson Sun article) he attempted to stop people from going into the woods fearing they would contaminate evidence?

ok just looked up Bridge Ministry....they have a prison group, a disability group. I'm confused. :waitasec:

ok just looked up Bridge Ministry....they have a prison group, a disability group. I'm confused. :waitasec:
The U.S. specializes in confusing Protestant ministries.

I sure hope it's a ill written article because didn't he later say (Jackson Sun article) he attempted to stop people from going into the woods fearing they would contaminate evidence?
I think there's a video at the link but I didn't watch it. He appears to be saying that he and someone went into the woods 15 minutes after she disappeared.

We probably could use a single-post listing of the various Clint accounts of that morning.

I think there's a video at the link but I didn't watch it. He appears to be saying that he and someone went into the woods 15 minutes after she disappeared.

We probably could use a single-post listing of the various Clint accounts of that morning.

He said he was sitting in the police car writing his statement. How could he have run into the woods?

:computer:

He said he was sitting in the police car writing his statement. How could he have run into the woods?

:computer:
Ya got me. Evidently (I'm guessing here, as one must with certain early pronouncements) first they ran into the woods, then he gave the statement.

The U.S. specializes in confusing Protestant ministries.

I'm Catholic. We have our own problems. Apparently Jesus was married. My mama never told me. :snooty:

Bridge Ministry appears to be some religious organization. Are the Bobos in any way connected to it? I thought it was interesting they have a Prison Ministry.

Welcome to THE BRIDGE
For over 30 years THE BRIDGE has been actively and pro-actively engaged in developing healthy and healing relationships with anyone who has been touched by crime including the offender, the victims and the community.

Why? Because we want to reduce crime, prevent victims and heal the brokenness that is at the root of most crimes.

keep reading

http://www.thebridgeprisonministry.com/

Are they one in the same where the water bottles were distributed?

I'm Catholic. We have our own problems. Apparently Jesus was married. My mama never told me. :snooty:

Bridge Ministry appears to be some religious organization. Are the Bobos in any way connected to it? I thought it was interesting they have a Prison Ministry.
keep reading

http://www.thebridgeprisonministry.com/

Are they one in the same where the water bottles were distributed?

The Vatican's calling that find a fake.

I'm Lutheran but I've always assumed Jesus and the Magdalene, like, kicked it together.

There's a roughhewn connection between all these little ministries. Except for Episcopalians, Lutherans, Presbyterians, and most Methodists, plus the larger Baptist organizations, it's a pretty helter skelter world with the rest of them. "jmo"

And no, different The Bridge. It's this one:

http://www.bridgeministry.org/

Just a thought.

I thought someone said it was Holly's blood during an interview. Was it Dana?

Yes it was Dana and he said the blood was Holly's. LE confirmed it to the family a couple of weeks after her disappearance.

Yes, you're right, here it is. Read right by it awhile ago:
VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now I want to go to Holly Bobo`s father, Mr. Bobo, your daughter`s lunch pack or lunch bag was found eight miles away in the woods. What about the blood? Have authorities told you that the blood is that of your daughter? And what do you make of the lunch pack being found eight miles away?

D. BOBO: Yes, they did tell us -- after a few weeks they did tell us that that blood did belong to our daughter. And as far as the lunch bag found that far away and some more stuff, I believe that was just more likely thrown out for a decoy. Might be to lead them away from where that really went, maybe.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1108/04/ijvm.01.html

Would have posted this sooner but I got caught up with Clint's turkey / no turkey thing (again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member