TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a link to Hannah Reece and an interview? She is the person Karen says was the last to speak with Holly that fateful morning. I thought Drew was....

I tried but no luck. Information is, should I say, very scarce.

I hope her family will sit for an extensive interview marking the two years since Holly was taken. Something new must be given to the public, if this case is ever to be solved. Even if LE does have a suspect, for example, maybe someone knows something that will jog a memory with just a bit of new info. Clearly whatever they may have is not enough.

I'd like Hannah Reece, the male neighbor who heard the scream and Drew Scott and his dad to talk. I give up as the family have nothing to say. Why can't others be interviewed? I've never seen a case where nobody steps up and talks to the press. OH...wait a sec. I think this same thing happened with Haleigh cummings. Greta was there and it looked like a ghost town. Greta got the impression they were inside peeking out their windows but were afraid to come out and talk. LE there told the people not to talk. I guess in some places people fear LE. That sure wouldn't happen here...

I'd like Hannah Reece, the male neighbor who heard the scream and Drew Scott and his dad to talk. I give up as the family have nothing to say. Why can't others be interviewed? I've never seen a case where nobody steps up and talks to the press. OH...wait a sec. I think this same thing happened with Haleigh cummings. Greta was there and it looked like a ghost town. Greta got the impression they were inside peeking out their windows but were afraid to come out and talk. LE there told the people not to talk. I guess in some places people fear LE. That sure wouldn't happen here...

Yes! Interesting how quickly so many people turned out in the hours and days after she went missing to search/help - yet, apart from that, silence....

I sadly agree with the previous posts. I am so puzzled by the families lack of public communication. I am not judging solely concerned, perhaps they are receiving misguided advice. I believe we should always support LE unless we have concrete reasons to justify otherwise. Great questions on this thread.

I hope her family will sit for an extensive interview marking the two years since Holly was taken. Something new must be given to the public, if this case is ever to be solved. Even if LE does have a suspect, for example, maybe someone knows something that will jog a memory with just a bit of new info. Clearly whatever they may have is not enough.

Agreed cluciano. I completely understand why LE does not release information and I understand how that can be frustrating to many and to some it's a sign of complicity. However, after 2 years, I don't think releasing additional information is going to jeopardize their investigation.

I wish we could hear from them too. At the same time, I don't blame them for not talking. Look at what happens when someone does say something. Their every last word is dissected beyond belief and ultimately it only leads to people then pointing the finger in their direction. One need not look any further than how Clint has been treated to figure out that speaking to the media might not be such a good thing. I know I would never speak to them after seeing what Clint has gone through.

Of course people can do things to avoid scrutiny (or attract it). Like clarifying things, being consistent, presenting things in a fairly easy, chronological order that people can follow, etc. Two years out we are still trying to sort out what exactly happened. If you cant say something for various reasons just say I can't get into that but LE is working on it...

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130412/NEWS01/304120009?nclick_check=1
Hope kept alive for Holly Bobo
“Keeping Hope Alive” will be the theme of a Saturday rally of family, friends and supporters of Holly Bobo, a nursing student who was abducted two years ago from her home on Swan Johnson Road near Parsons in Decatur County.
Saturday’s events begin at 9 a.m. and continue through 1 p.m. at two locations in Decatur County. They will include a 5K walk/run that begins at 10 a.m. at the Parsons campus of the University of Tennessee Martin. Registration for this race begins at 9 a.m.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130412/NEWS01/304120009?nclick_check=1
Hope kept alive for Holly Bobo
“Keeping Hope Alive” will be the theme of a Saturday rally of family, friends and supporters of Holly Bobo, a nursing student who was abducted two years ago from her home on Swan Johnson Road near Parsons in Decatur County.
Saturday’s events begin at 9 a.m. and continue through 1 p.m. at two locations in Decatur County. They will include a 5K walk/run that begins at 10 a.m. at the Parsons campus of the University of Tennessee Martin. Registration for this race begins at 9 a.m.

hopefully some questions can be answered since it's likely that all parties who were part of the day's events will be in attendance. would be nice to have a reporter clarify points, question le about anything they can clear up, ask her phone friend for details, etc.

I am thinking of Holly and her family today, Always in my Prayers. May today be the day that Holly Comes Home.

'Sadly, today is the 2 Year anniversary of Holly Bobo's abduction'..tragic results of the antiquated silence investigative strategy and the lack of an abduction preplan by DCSO/TBI, imo. It was 7 days after her abduction before the first road block was initiated by DCSO. All responding LE, which was dispatched by 911 in a reasonable time, went to her home rather than setting up an outer perimeter with road blocks to contain the abductor, & possibly rescue Holly...imo
Tragically the silent epidemic of missing persons continues in TN..

"Bring Her Home" (Holly Bobo) - YouTube

As Judge Judy would say, "If something doesn't makes sense, it's a lie"....

Quote by Retired Special Agent
BOB INGRAM of the GEORGIA BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION:

'Serial Killers are sane, and not insane. Serial Killers leave few or no clues at a crime scene.
As a rule Serial Killers do not confess'...

Two years?

Too long!

Justice for Holly! But justice cannot come until / unless there is transparently clear information from all involved. And therein lies the rub...............

Holly.....I have not forgotten you. Please come home.

I don't know what to think. I remember hearing about how her Dad spent his weekends searching fields and woods during his free time; the very image of a father searching for what may be his daughter's body has been enough to keep me from thinking he has any idea of what became of Holly. I hope everyone else has been truthful, as far as what they know or remember.

I don't feel suspicions about the family, but I do have doubts about LE. I think the case was bungled badly from the start, and they never recovered from it (too many people stomping through the woods, waiting a week to do a roadblock, etc.) and their silence is down to their not knowing any more than they did on 4/14/11.

A family in this kind of situation can't possibly know what to do. Yes, they probably should try to speak out more to keep Holly more in the public, but that does not come naturally to most people and the bigger media outlets are only interested if there is something new to focus on. I wish the media would badger LE, or an honest PI had gotten involved long ago. Now, it just has the feeling of a cold, stalled case without much hope, unless Holly happens to be found, as Katelyn was. But even if she is, is there a POI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd