TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not her actual purse. Just one like it.

Yeah, that would be nice.

I think that those of us here on Websleuths often want to see/hear things that LE just doesn't have any desire or feel is needed to release to the public. Like hearing the 911 tapes. While it would be interesting and perhaps even entertaining for those only wanting to be involved in the drama/sensationalism of a case, if LE doesn't feel it would serve a purpose, they will never release such info. I am feeling that this is what a lot of this is about. We will never hear the 911 tapes and most likely will never see what her real purse looked like since I can't see why it would help in any way for the general public to become involved. If this makes any sense....

I think that those of us here on Websleuths often want to see/hear things that LE just doesn't have any desire or feel is needed to release to the public. Like hearing the 911 tapes. While it would be interesting and perhaps even entertaining for those only wanting to be involved in the drama/sensationalism of a case, if LE doesn't feel it would serve a purpose, they will never release such info. I am feeling that this is what a lot of this is about. We will never hear the 911 tapes and most likely will never see what her real purse looked like since I can't see why it would help in any way for the general public to become involved. If this makes any sense....

Majority of cases are actually solved with the public's help. Take the Boston Marathon Bomber suspect #2. Thanks to the homeowner knowing the description of the suspect and with his diligence, Boston is a much safer city tonight. JMO

Majority of cases are actually solved with the public's help. Take the Boston Marathon Bomber suspect #2. Thanks to the homeowner knowing the description of the suspect and with his diligence, Boston is a much safer city tonight. JMO

Oh I am totally aware of that...lol. That goes without saying! And I agree!

However, how would releasing the 911 calls help locate Holly?

I just often times see (and I'm guilty of it too) people wanting to have every piece of information LE has on a case. Not only is that not beneficial in any investigation, it will never happen.

I just often times see (and I'm guilty of it too) people wanting to have every piece of information LE has on a case. Not only is that not beneficial in any investigation, it will never happen.

I didn't post anything about the 911 calls.

Foxfire, Megan was 'discovered' by a 'passerby'. (I put those in quotes for a reason. )

It was very dry here, and grass fires were bad. Apparently they stopped and realized it was a body and called.

I'm all too aware and simply heartsick that she was set afire premortem.

An awful lot of TN murders seem to involve fire.

And pink purses....

Woman's Burned Body Leads to Investigation of Her Death
Woman's Burned Body Leads to Investigation of Her Death - YouTube

With due respect norest, they could certainly use the public help, imo. This case has gone absolutely nowhere. It is tightly woven in their knitted community. It is obvious they (?) don't want the public involved....never have. The"Keeping things close to the vest".....well, you see how far they got using that tactic.

I don't think the local LE is involved at all. I think this case was passed on to the TBI long ago. I admit I know nothing about rural towns but in large cities, most LE want the public involved. In fact, many cases are solved due to the public's kge.

The release of the pic of the bag floored me...really. They have never released anything before. Could this be a sign of change on their part?

But of what use is it to release a photo of a found object? What needs to be done in all such cases is the release of photos of (similar) items of things that are missing. No one needs to see the object once found, unless/until a court case happens on day.

IMO not releasing images of items connected to a missing person is ridiculous. Especially when a case goes on and on for years and the LE in charge does not appear to have a handle on the case. Ideally it should be done at once, but far too many LE agencies are inexperienced in missing persons cases and others are insular and reluctant to share anything, even at the expense of the victim.

ETA A great deal of money has been promised for info leading to Holly's return, including a fair amount of public funds promised by the governor, and yet not a single bit of information has been released that might help the public know what to look for to help find Holly. Where is the logic in this? So far, LE has shown they cannot solve this case on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norest4thewicked

norest4thewicked, never say never, and never, ever, ever give up...
Hold back evidence is a catch22 due to miranda. Predators and career criminals simply lawyer up and iniatiate their right to remain silent. Most LEAs that utilize the antiquated silence strategy are squandering their most valuable resource; 'the American public'.
Agencies that cling to this 1900s close to the vest; silence & misinformation investigative strategy seem to have mounting missing/murdered persons cold cases..

In this weeks terrorist bombing of the Boston Marathon. The FBI released photos of the suspects to the national media. These photos spread across the US like wildfire due to social media. They had nowhere to hide & were flushed out in only 5 hours. Suspect #1 was killed & suspect #2 escaped capture. The MA Governor ordered a State of Emergency, shutting down transportation and sequestering the citizens in their homes. This action caused a nullifying of the valuable resource of the American public.

Within minutes after the emergency order was lifted. Suspect #2 was captured due to excellent police work and a tip from an aware citizen...

Of course, the calls wouldn't locate her. It certainly wouldn't hinder the case either. It also balance out people's rights to see how their LE work in the area they live. I think they should be held accountable. Let's see what was said that fateful morning.

With the public paying the salaries of LE and setting aside a large reward from public money, I think the public very much has a right to be kept at least minimally informed.

With due respect norest, they could certainly use the public help, imo. This case has gone absolutely nowhere. It is tightly woven in their knitted community. It is obvious they (?) don't want the public involved....never have. The"Keeping things close to the vest".....well, you see how far they got using that tactic.

I don't think the local LE is involved at all. I think this case was passed on to the TBI long ago. I admit I know nothing about rural towns but in large cities, most LE want the public involved. In fact, many cases are solved due to the public's kge.

The release of the pic of the bag floored me...really. They have never released anything before. Could this be a sign of change on their part?

I totally agree with you, Whisp. I was just using the 911 tapes as an example. There are a LOT of agencies out there like this, and they aren't all in really small towns. For example, look at the Lisa Irwin case. You and I were on that one as well and look how much LE released info in that one. Since I know that you are aware that I am retired LE, I do know how a lot of agencies run and can say this with total confidence.

Maybe the release of the pic will be a change. Or, the photo was taken lying on the ground by the dogs owner, put online before LE could squash it and now has to deal with it. This might be one of the reasons that the bag originally being identified as Holly's might now all of a sudden NOT be hers (per her mother). Just a thought. I'm just as befuddled by this case as anyone else here.

Thanks, norest.

:eek:fftopic:

That Irwin case makes me furious. That case was shut down by a world famous attorney. We know one of those two would have cracked under LE interrogation...it was never allowed. Heck, they couldn't even physically separate the two likely suspects. They were glued to each other, still are. Grrrr.

Back to this case. Who has been interviewed, poly'd, etc? Who has been cleared as of today?

Does anyone here know the location of the Gma's property where Drew and his dad were hunting?

Drew worked in Parsons...does anyone know where/location. At some point in this case, I recall Holly also worked part time. Has anyone got a location on that?

Back to this case. Who has been interviewed, poly'd, etc? Who has been cleared as of today?

I have read that BF and family has been cleared on about 50% of the sites I've read. The other 50% says they haven't. Media again! But, again another example of LE not caring enough what the general public thinks to make it clear.

Most of the problems here go back to the first week of this case. If you can name it, it was compromised in some way. The Bobo home that morning had people freely roaming around (Bobo's themselves were trying to preserve certain areas for crying out loud), local LE and community members gathered at the Bobo home waiting for the TBI, local LE couldn't keep their mouths closed, TBI tried to hard to squelch it which led to conflicts within LE and that spilled into the media (how many LE members and how many agencies were talking at once? Even the TBI were contradicting themselves.), volunteer searches were unorganized to say the least (people were also searching on their own), items were showing up in places they should not of been (or previously searched) whether they belonged to HB or not. The TBI made statements that HB was attacked, being led by her arm away from the property in fear for her life. When CB first talks to the media, he contradicts that by explicitly stating that there was no arm holding or leading or dragging and that they were casually walking away side by side.
IMO that is just scratching the surface of why this case is so sideways.

I can't get past this.

Barnes said he walked out of his home at about 7:40 that morning as he prepared to go to his construction job and heard a scream from the Bobos' house. He told his mother, Cathy Wise, about the scream and went to work.

He told his mother and went to work...WTH? I've posted this question a dozen times. Why would a 30 yr old male not drive 350 yards to see who was screaming? He was already dressed and outside.

I can't get past this.

Barnes said he walked out of his home at about 7:40 that morning as he prepared to go to his construction job and heard a scream from the Bobos' house. He told his mother, Cathy Wise, about the scream and went to work.

He told his mother and went to work...WTH? I've posted this question a dozen times. Why would a 30 yr old male not go 350 yards to see who was screaming? He was already dressed and outside.

Was he the neighbor that ultimately did drive up, halting Clint's progress in his apparent attempt to follow Holly and perp? Or was that someone else? I know someone did show up, causing Clint to decide not to follow them due to his fear of "contaminating evidence." Or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heelermom2024