GUILTY TN - James Harper, 7, poisoned & beaten to death, Christiana, 19 Jan 2004

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Marie, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Marie

Marie Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

Edward Eugene Summers, 28, accepted a 20-year prison sentence for his role the murder of James, a second-grade student at Christiana Elementary School. Summers will be eligible for parole in about six years.

The prosecutor said Rachel Summers [the mother] told Warf she and her husband got into an argument about JamesÂ’ behavior at a store. When they returned home, she struck him in the head, which caused swelling. Later, she and her husband discussed giving him rat poison. She mixed the poison and gave it to her son.

Later, Rachel Summers said her husband tried to strangle her son but she pulled him off and smothered James.

Ed Smothers told Warf he knew about what happened but didnÂ’t call for help, the prosecutor said. Ed Summers gave conflicting statements to Warf.

Link

2. Loading...

3. angelmom

angelmom The love stays...forever in our hearts

Un-freaking-believable! The mother is already doing life for the actual murder.

Who are these people??????

4. hipmamajen

hipmamajen I love the friends I have gathered together on thi

I'm not sure I understand. Did they feed him rat poison to cover for the fact that she hit him and made his head swell? Or were they trying to kill him from the start?

What a sad story. I'm glad the grandma is strong enough to speak at the sentencing.

5. Marie

Marie Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

I believe what happened was the step-father was angry with the 'mom' for hitting her son because he worried that would mean they'd lose custody of their daughter. So they hatched their evil plan in hopes of covering up the original crime. Doesn't make a lot of common sense, but plotting to kill your own child, especially in such a horrible way, is senseless.

6. mum33004

mum33004 New Member

I don't know why I read these horrific stories. It makes me so sad.

What happened to an eye for any eye? Crack those scum suckers with a brick, feed them rat poison and smother them.

I hope they burn in hell!