TN TN - Jennifer Wyant, 21, Nashville, 28 June 1980

Jennifer's license were found around Nolensville area. I worked with her at the time and the person that found them called our office loooking for her. I understood that they were found by a contractor that was maybe building a home in that area. Our boss went out there and we were told it was around the Rutherford-Davidson County line. I also think maybe this was under developed area. They searced a pond I believe. I understood that nothing else was found. At the time, I believe her purse was missing with her. I have read on here that her purse was in her car, but I don't think so. Maybe some other ID or something found with her license.

Respectfully snipped...

Was just reading over this again and something occurred to me that I missed before.

How would this contractor have known where she worked? Wouldn't her home address have been on her license?

Mallen, do you recall if there were work ids where you worked? Perhaps a work identification was also found?

Also I was doing a bit more looking into the Larry Britt connection. At the time Larry was killed, he was acting as a security guard at a real estate office that reportedly had been the target of a string of burglaries. That confused me a bit because why would a real estate office be a burglary target?

Anyway, it turns out that he also owned the "Little Brown Jug" store next door to the real estate office. Both the real estate office and the Little Brown Jug were on Largo Dr, off of Harding Place. I'm wondering how far this is from where Jennifer lived, although this took place in 1986. I'm not sure if he owned that store when Jennifer disappeared.

The person who confessed to killing Larry Britt said that Britt wanted him to pick up some cocaine for him and that Britt used to sell it out of his store. The man said Britt had threatened him and he shot Britt because he was afraid.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/112343319/

The free version is the somewhat garbled text version near the bottom of the page.

Could someone Google Jennifer Wyant and scroll down a bit more until you see images? Look at the one right next to her MP photo (it's a Twitter profile pic). Looks a lot like her and would like some more sets of eyes.

I don't know why this happens to me, I google a name and a current living persons photo comes up that happens to really resemble the person.

Common sense says they aren't out there under their real names posting on social media, but geez. It makes me feel like I'm losing my mind.

Odyssey - very similar in some ways, but the mouth/teeth are off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Odyssey - very similar in some ways, but the mouth/teeth are off.

Thanks, logic was telling me it couldn't be her, but the first thing I thought when I saw it was that it was an AP. I think I must "see what I want to see" sometimes when someone looks similar and has the same name.

You're right though, teeth are different. They both have a really thin upper lip which I think distracted me from the teeth.

Thanks, logic was telling me it couldn't be her, but the first thing I thought when I saw it was that it was an AP. I think I must "see what I want to see" sometimes when someone looks similar and has the same name.

You're right though, teeth are different. They both have a really thin upper lip which I think distracted me from the teeth.

Yes, I can see why. I really thought it could be too when I was looking. That's why I had to keep checking small details & that's when I saw the teeth. This case (along with many others of course) is so baffling.

[QUOTE="I had known Jennifer since the 5th grade but at the time of her disappearance was only an acquaintance. She was a beautiful and lovely young woman and even though I'd like to think that for some unknown reason she just took off with someone and started a new life, I believe she was probably killed that night. I don't think there was enough evidence for a Cold case investigation even though I wish they would do one. But without a body, what could they possibly do?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I know no more about Jennifer's missing than what has been written in this forum. My gut feeling, FWIW, something about the PI just doesn't pass the sniff test. I do know an older well known attorney and at the next opportunity, I will ask him some questions regarding the PI. When the attorney was going to law school, he also ran a cab company and has a great deal of insight in to "underbelly" of Nashville.

My wife and I were in the same 5th grade class with Jennifer, Mrs. Darla Price at Norman Binkley. If you were in Mrs. Price's room, we know one another and you would know my wife as well. My wife was friends with Jennifer and lived (on Milner) not very far from where she grew up. Their birthdays are only a few weeks apart which serves as a reminder of Jennifer at this time of the year. Jennifer would be 60 in a few days - if I recall correctly. Most went on to McMurray Jr High. I remember Jennifer as being on the quite side. She was in the band starting in the 5th grade with Mr Raymond Bell. (To be on time is to be late, to be early, is to be on time!) Mr Bell was also the band director at McMurray. Jennifer played clarinet. Jennifer went on to John Overton HS as did my wife. I moved at the end of our freshman year so didn't attend Overton. However by HS, my wife and I reconnected and I attended their 1976 graduation.

I write these details to show these are genuine memories now over 50 years old with the hope that on the off chance should any of Jennifer's family or close friends read this, that they know others remember Jennifer too. As long as she is in our hearts and remembered, she is still with us.

Peace to all.

Added to Charley Project: Jennifer Lynn Wyant – The Charley Project

jennifer_lynn_wyant_1.jpg

For anyone interested, I started a podcast last summer
dedicated to Jennifer Wyant’s disappearance.

So far, I’ve created four episodes and will be recording more episodes soon. I hope you’ll check it out. It’s called Justice for Jennifer: Missing in Nashville. It’s available on most podcast platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. I record on Anchor, which allows for some cool music features, along with the option for listeners to record & send voicemails to the podcast.

I would really appreciate some useful and thoughtful content for future episodes, especially if you knew Jennifer in any capacity. I didn’t know Jennifer, nor have I met her family, but she’s become my “adopted” missing person and I’d like to help make sure her memory stays alive and her mystery is solved.

Justice for Jennifer: Missing in Nashville • A podcast on Anchor

For anyone interested, I started a podcast last summer
dedicated to Jennifer Wyant’s disappearance.

So far, I’ve created four episodes and will be recording more episodes soon. I hope you’ll check it out. It’s called Justice for Jennifer: Missing in Nashville. It’s available on most podcast platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. I record on Anchor, which allows for some cool music features, along with the option for listeners to record & send voicemails to the podcast.

I would really appreciate some useful and thoughtful content for future episodes, especially if you knew Jennifer in any capacity. I didn’t know Jennifer, nor have I met her family, but she’s become my “adopted” missing person and I’d like to help make sure her memory stays alive and her mystery is solved.

Justice for Jennifer: Missing in Nashville • A podcast on Anchor
Thank you for devoting a Podcast to Jennifer. I, too, have been interested in seeing justice in this case. A month or so ago I emailed “Crime Junkies” (another popular Podcast) in hopes they would pick up this story and run with it. This one certainly has the potential to be solved. I am happy see that you have taken an interest in Jennifer’s case and am looking forward to listening to your Podcast.

Here's another.
Odyssey, this is really cool.
These are the first and only Jennifer pics that have been posted online. They are her sophomore and junior year yearbook pictures. There’s no available Freshman year picture, which makes me wonder if she attended Overton during her Freshman year (72-73). We know she graduated from there in 1976.
My hope is that one day, someone will present a candid picture or Polaroid of Jennifer that can be converted digitally and posted online. This would be a tremendously important milestone to build interest in her case and her as a person. Right now, her persona is still pretty mysterious and needs to be uncovered, in order to build public interest and gain more people to advocate for her case to be solved.

Jennifer Lynn Wyant
jennifer_lynn_wyant_1.jpg

Wyant, circa 1980

• Missing Since 06/28/1980
  • Missing From Nashville, Tennessee
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 12/03/1958 (62)
  • Age 21 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 125 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance

Wyant was last seen inside her residence at Tanglewood Apartments in the 200 block of Tanglewood Court in Nashville, Tennessee on June 28, 1980. She disappeared after leaving a softball team party alone, and has never been heard from again. Her apartment was left undisturbed and her car was located in the complex parking lot, but there was no sign of Wyant at the scene.

On December 11, 1980, Wyant's Tennessee driver's license was found on Blue Lake Road (now called Blue Lake Lane) in Rutherford County, Tennessee, fifteen and a half miles east of her residence and three miles northeast of LaVergne, Tennessee. No other trace of her was located, but foul play is suspected in her case.

Investigating Agency
  • Metro Nashville Police Department
  • 615-862-7557
  • 615-862-7546
Source Information

I'm an anchor here at News 2 in Nashville. I'm working on a series regarding Cold Cases in the area. The goal is to bring new attention, and hopefully tips, in the cases. I'm currently working on Jennifer Wyant's disappearance and am working to learn more about her. If anyone knew her personally, please reach out. Thank you! adenis@wkrn.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back