TN TN - Jennifer Wyant, 21, Nashville, 28 June 1980

It looks like the new report for Jennifer just dropped well done @Alex D

A lot of new information has been released. Jennifer's abduction was witnessed by her neighbors.

New information in 1980 disappearance of Jennifer Wyant | WKRN News 2

The events that followed have never been released to the public, until now. Her neighbors reported seeing a dark color 4-door sedan.

“They heard some screaming and looked out their window and they saw four individuals forcing a woman into a car and driving off. We believe that woman was Jennifer,” Det. Filter says. “They reported this information to the apartment security guard, unfortunately the security guard never notified the police.”

Motive is still a mystery.

“It’s almost something I would say is targeted — that someone was looking at her for one reason or another and waiting for her to return home,” Filter says.

Is it me? The word security guard is coming along a lot in this thread.

- PI (what a very weird story) was security guard "We were told the case got cold because the police didn't want to get involved because of him. He was murdered execution style in the same area a few years later. Right over the hill closer to Harding Place exit. Working as a security guard at the time.
"Also I was doing a bit more looking into the Larry Britt connection. At the time Larry was killed, he was acting as a security guard at a real estate office that reportedly had been the target of a string of burglaries. That confused me a bit because why would a real estate office be a burglary target?

Anyway, it turns out that he also owned the "Little Brown Jug" store next door to the real estate office. Both the real estate office and the Little Brown Jug were on Largo Dr, off of Harding Place. I'm wondering how far this is from where Jennifer lived, although this took place in 1986. I'm not sure if he owned that store when Jennifer disappeared."

- It was a party to celebrate the Budweiser Softball league of the apartment association for apartments in the area of which hers and my apartments at the time were associated with. Security Guard connections?

- And now a security guard "forgot" to call an abduction in!!

- Who was the constructor who found her drivers licence. Why did he call her work place? They were building at that moment....was there a security guard checking the building place, preventing machines and materials were stolen?

Maybe just stupid thoughts.

Jennifer Lynn Wyant – The Charley Project

Last updated February 26, 2021; four pictures added, details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance
Wyant was last seen inside her residence at Tanglewood Apartments (now called Whispering Oaks) in the 200 block of Tanglewood Court in Nashville, Tennessee on June 28, 1980. She disappeared after leaving a softball team party alone, and has never been heard from again. Her apartment was left undisturbed and her car was located in the complex parking lot, but there was no sign of her at the scene.

Neighbors reported that they heard screaming and when they looked out their windows, they saw four individuals forcing a woman into a dark-colored four-door sedan and driving away. The witnesses told the apartment security guard about what they saw and heard, but the guard didn't inform police at the time. Investigators believe the woman the witnesses saw was Wyant.

On December 11, 1980, Wyant's Tennessee driver's license was found on Blue Lake Road (now called Blue Lake Lane) in Rutherford County, Tennessee. This was close to Piercy Priest Lake, fifteen and a half miles east of Wyant's residence and three miles northeast of LaVergne, Tennessee. A housing complex was under development in the area at the time. Police brought dogs to search the nearby woods, but no trace of Wyant was located.

According to her loved ones, Wyant's life was going well at the time of her disappearance. She had bought a nice car that she took good care of, and was working at Colonial Bakery while going to night school. Foul play is suspected in her case.

• wyant_jennifer2.jpg
  • wyant_jennifer3.jpg
  • wyant_jennifer4.jpg
  • wyant_jennifer5.jpg
Wyant, circa 1980

Thanks Guy. From the article:

Jennifer Wyant

Jennifer Wyant disappeared from her home at the Tanglewood Apartments on Harding Place on June 28, 1980. Her car was still in the apartment complex’s parking lot. She was 21 years old when she went missing.

Foul play is suspected, authorities say.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts should call Metro police at 615-862-8600 or Crime Stoppers at 615-742-7463.

Mugshot-Template-70.jpg

Jennifer's license were found around Nolensville area. I worked with her at the time and the person that found them called our office loooking for her. I understood that they were found by a contractor that was maybe building a home in that area. Our boss went out there and we were told it was around the Rutherford-Davidson County line. I also think maybe this was under developed area. They searced a pond I believe. I understood that nothing else was found. At the time, I believe her purse was missing with her. I have read on here that her purse was in her car, but I don't think so. Maybe some other ID or something found with her license.
She lived alone and hadn't lived there a very long time. The party wasn't too far away, I don't think. She told us on Friday that she was going to this party. Sure would love to see the end to this mystery.

This case keeps nagging on me.
I wonder how her found drivers license could be traced back to a place of work, instead of her own address or that of her parents. Could it be more documents were found, f.i. a business card from the work place. The purse is a vague thing because there is contradicting information. Was it in the car or did it vanish with her? Why would somebody only carry a drivers license if she was abducted from inside her apartment (it was stated that she was last seen in her apartment, by who?) or care for taking a purse while abducted.....IMO a more logic scenario is that she was abducted while exiting her car and had her purse at hand. Years later neighbors came forward who witnessed a kidnapping (what actually?) This info must be in police records you would think. Didn't the neighbors checked if the security person (was he by any chance also a PI?) ever called the incident in. Abduction of a woman isn't a thing you easily "forget", is it? I would like to know if I witnessed something like that, the call was made. (He could have lied of course) Was by any chance his stepson involved? Why on earth would a PI (who hired him anyways, and who was he) driving her car? This whole story doesn't add up and is strange. It's very mysterious all together.

Jennifer Wyant was last seen at her residence at the Tanglewood Apartments, now called Whispering Oaks, on Harding Place on June 28, 1980.

She had left a softball team party alone that night and went back to her apartment.

In 2021, police released information from her neighbors, who said they had seen a dark 4-door sedan outside her complex. Her neighbors reported hearing screaming and seeing four people forcing a woman into a car before driving off. Police believe it may have been Wyant.

Her neighbors reported the information to an apartment security guard. However, authorities said the security guard never notified police.

On Dec. 11, 1980, Wyant’s driver’s license was found on Blue Lake Road, now called Blue Lake Lane, in Rutherford County. A housing complex was under construction in the area at the time. Police brought dogs to search the area, but there was no trace of Wyant.

25 Unidentified Person Exclusions
1704734974344.jpeg
1704734984106.jpeg
1704734994652.jpeg
1704735004625.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads