Found Deceased TN - Jerry "Leroy" Guess, 42, Soddy Daisy, 30 May 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Soddy Daisy police seek missing man, reward offered

42-year-old Jerry (aka Leroy) Guess was last seen on May 30.
3DDF0C7B-43D1-49F3-A31B-FA52AEB19FBC.jpeg
Guess was wearing a brown overcoat, khaki shorts, and a white hat. He is described as 6'0" tall and weighs about 170 pounds.

Guess has short brown hair and brownish-gray goatee. He has a heart tattoo on the back of his right leg and a tattoo across the bottom of his back.

His family is offering a $250 reward for information that leads to Guess being found.

If you have any information, please call the Soddy Daisy Police Department at (423) 332-3577.

Soddy-Daisy Police Department

I checked. He's not currently incarcerated within the State but with 40 arrests on public record (searchquarry.com) it might be possible elsewhere.

I am related to his cousin, Soddy Daisy is a small police force that is short staffed, outside of Chattanooga Tn. Leroy has battled with drug addiction. Regardless he has children and family that are searching everything they can. Word has gotten back to the family that while at an extended stay hotel(if you want to call it that)on Broad Street in Chattanooga he overdosed and died. The information that they received was that who he was with took him to a small community called Lookout Valley (Tiftonia) 37419zip. This is close by and threw him over a cliff the same one that a girl that overdosed was thrown from. My husband was raised in lookout valley and I have searched and searched but cant find any articles about a person being thrown over a cliff that wasn't murdered. Any help would be appreciated also it is possible it could be on Lookout Mtn or just in side Marion county it's possible . The only things i can find is articles of those murders

I am related to his cousin, Soddy Daisy is a small police force that is short staffed, outside of Chattanooga Tn. Leroy has battled with drug addiction. Regardless he has children and family that are searching everything they can. Word has gotten back to the family that while at an extended stay hotel(if you want to call it that)on Broad Street in Chattanooga he overdosed and died. The information that they received was that who he was with took him to a small community called Lookout Valley (Tiftonia) 37419zip. This is close by and threw him over a cliff the same one that a girl that overdosed was thrown from. My husband was raised in lookout valley and I have searched and searched but cant find any articles about a person being thrown over a cliff that wasn't murdered. Any help would be appreciated also it is possible it could be on Lookout Mtn or just in side Marion county it's possible . The only things i can find is articles of those murders
I'm assuming they called it in to the police? Hopefully, a search is or has been done of the area. I live in Chattanooga and know the perilous areas of Lookout Mt.

To be honest I'm not sure it seems they are.not getting alot if assistance from where it was reported, and there is the issue of them handing it over to hamilton co or chattanooga police because jurisdictions get really wonky in these areas as also if so much on lookout mtn it brings in georgia and then marion county. They just desperately want to find him one way or the other. The only areas we could think of was up the tiftonia side of lookout mtn closer to reflection riding. But you have the whole way up the mtn. In lookout valley maybe up elder mtn, or Patton chapel or Wilcox road. Going up Aetna is fairly blocked off. If you can think of anywhere would really appreciate it
We can't remember name of the roads going in to reflection riding you turn in and one goes there and the other goes up the mtn.

To be honest I'm not sure it seems they are.not getting alot if assistance from where it was reported, and there is the issue of them handing it over to hamilton co or chattanooga police because jurisdictions get really wonky in these areas as also if so much on lookout mtn it brings in georgia and then marion county. They just desperately want to find him one way or the other. The only areas we could think of was up the tiftonia side of lookout mtn closer to reflection riding. But you have the whole way up the mtn. In lookout valley maybe up elder mtn, or Patton chapel or Wilcox road. Going up Aetna is fairly blocked off. If you can think of anywhere would really appreciate it
We can't remember name of the roads going in to reflection riding you turn in and one goes there and the other goes up the mtn.
It's been so long since I have been to the reflection riding park that I had to look it up. Are you thinking of Old Wauhatcie (sp?) Rd. ? I looked on Google maps and it seems Lee Highway has an exit for this road and it splits with Garden Road which is the Reflection Riding Park. There is also an Old Wauhatucie Pike that splits from Garden rd closer to Tiftonia. I'll see if I can post a map later today when I'm not on my phone.
As for the article involving another overdosed individual, the only thing I could find was a female who was found in Cloudland, Ga? There was never a cause of death published.
Police identify body found in remote, wooded area on Lookout Mountain

Hope this helps, he and his family are in my thoughts. I hope he comes home soon!

Maybe check Chattanooga Creek?

It is real close to the extended stay motel. The Creek runs under the Broad St & Market St overpasses.

There is a very strong smell [sorry] said to be in the area which may or may not mean anything since it smells bad anyway.

It just seems that drug users would have to be pretty motivated to move a body any distance …would they really want to be caught driving and with a body no less?

They could access the Creek from Williams St behind the motel or off of Long St via Alton Park Blvd.

There are paths and homeless camps all back in there.

Pull up a satellite view so you can see all the wooded area between the motel and the creek.

“Guests” from the motel do a lot of garbage dumping behind there so it is a familiar practice for some of them.

There is a cleanup this Saturday on the Creek. They will be meeting under the Broad St overpass and taking out canoes.

Leroy’s family is doing a great job of representing for him. Such lovely people it’s so heartbreaking.

I sorry I didnt see this before they have still not found him I know the family is desperate and still staying on police and keeping on it. County still will not assist or City without proof that something happened out side of Soddy Daisy which they believe after things go back to them they have been checking every lead

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back